I thought I'd respond by quoting a snippet of an earlier conversation nabster and I had in the Mormon thread.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">By the way why do you believe we all lived in Heaven as spirits before the rebellion of Lucifer?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Mostly because of convergent Biblical evidence. I've already cited scripture proving that Lucifer was once in heaven and you haven't refuted it so I guess you agree with it. Then there are many scriptures that indicate we lived as spirits with God before we came to earth and will return to live with him after we die.

Ecclesiastes 12:7
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you can't return to somplace you've never been before.

Hebrews 12:9
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This implies a spiritual creation that is separate from the physical creation. One would assume the spiritual creation came first since you can't live without one.

Jeremiah 1:5 </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">God knew him - I guess anything is possible to God, but the simplest explanation is usually the right one. If God knew Jeremiah before he was formed, then Jeremiah must have existed in some knowable state.

More of the same in Romans 8:29
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">foreknow? predistinate? all of that takes place before birth.

Ephesians 1:4 </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">again the simplest explanation to how he chose us before the foundation of the world is that we existed and we were with him.

Lastly that verse I quoted in the other post Revelation 12:7 - those angels that fought against the dragon with Michael? That's you and me.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other— This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him! -- Joseph Smith History 1:17