Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Happy Thanksgiving! #61804 11/25/08 02:12 PM
Allen Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
John's Parrot

John received a parrot as an early Christmas gift. The parrot had a bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity.

John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could think of to 'clean up' the bird's vocabulary.

Finally, John was fed up and he yelled at the parrot.

The parrot yelled back.

John shook the parrot and the parrot got angrier and even ruder. John, in desperation, threw up his hands, grabbed the bird and shoved him in the freezer.

For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute. Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the freezer.

The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and said 'I believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior.'

John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the bird continued....

........"May I inquire as to what the turkey did?'

Happy Thanksgiving to all thumbsup

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: Happy Thanksgiving! [Re: Allen] #61806 11/25/08 02:19 PM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
laugh

Love it!!!!

Happy Happy and Gobble Gobble friends.

Remember all the little things we overlook that we are always thankful for. \0/

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: Happy Thanksgiving! [Re: embie] #61827 11/26/08 09:33 PM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
thank you God for my group of prayer warriors here, and thank you for all the people who come into my life, and go out, only to be angels i will meet up with later!

-hanging in there- Jenna Clark

Moderated by  Allen 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 237 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
kpdlr
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18