Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 29 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 28 29
Re: What makes you, You? [Re: anangelsarms] #55580 01/30/07 12:52 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Hint: Jenn is a mom.....

That is what causes midlife crisis, not embracing the whole person you are. People instead try and recapture part of themselves that has been absorbed by something greater.

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: What makes you, You? [Re: Steve] #55581 01/30/07 04:29 AM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
thanks steve, true, but what am i supposed to do about it ?

-hanging in there- Jenna Clark
Re: What makes you, You? [Re: anangelsarms] #55594 01/31/07 03:14 AM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
okay, so i have this hair style i have to do (in 45 mins to do at best) and some nifty cvs makeup to slap on and ...well we wont talk about the wardrobe. ..... what is the next step ??? hit the gym ? run around the block or just do carmen electra's strip the pounds away dvd till i see some improvement ????

i need to keep this inspiration ball rolling ... callling all cheerleaders !!!!!!!!!

Re: What makes you, You? [Re: anangelsarms] #55612 02/04/07 12:53 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Start with walking... consistently - 3 times per week, 20 minutes each time. After a week or so, increase it to 30 minutes. That will do wonders for your energy and body image. After a couple weeks increase it to 4 times per week. Then you might consider fun classes at the gym.

It's all about consistency - doing most anything 20-30 minutes at a time, 3-4 times per week will get you very far. You can alternate walking and gym time to keep from getting stale.

We spent January getting back into the gym after being out since May, February we're gonna kick it up another notch thumbsup

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: What makes you, You? [Re: Allen] #55633 02/06/07 01:49 PM
embie Offline OP
Queen
Disciple
OP Offline
Queen
Disciple
I was chatting over this very thing with my doc last week. He claims that walking, while pleasurable, and does get you moving, really isn't a fat burner unless you get going in a pretty good pace to get your heart rate up. he said, it all depends on how you want to handle your food intake. If you are dieting and exercising, that combo is great. If you don't want to radically change your eating habits, he suggested something that can be done at least 40 minutes at a time. He said once you work up to and past 40 minutes and your heart rate is maximized, the fat starts to melt away. I do some circuit stuff, but right now I haven't been able to get past 20 minutes on the elliptical machine. I thought that was good. According to him, it's good, but not enough... smash

I'll be praying for you Angel, and all of us trying to win the battle. It shouldn't be this hard. My glorified body better be a perfect size 6...

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: What makes you, You? [Re: embie] #55634 02/07/07 02:11 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Walking, tho it may not have a cardio-effect at normal speeds, does burn fat - any movement can make a tremendous difference. I can remember back when I was getting my bodyfat to less than 7-8% that even chewing gum and 'fidgeting' can burn an extra 200 calories per day - not much but that adds up real quickly over the weeks and months. You do have to watch what you eat - it takes a while to burn off one slice of chicken alfredo spinach and tomato perfect pan pizza wink

I go for lab tests in the morning to tell whether I've been eating right the last month eek

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: What makes you, You? [Re: Allen] #55658 02/08/07 02:21 PM
F
foreverchanged Offline
Disciple
Disciple
F
Those hot wings and eggrolls at the Superbowl party should help. wink

-Michelle

The best laid plans are in my other pants. -- Newsboys
Re: What makes you, You? [Re: foreverchanged] #55673 02/09/07 01:39 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
bah, I didn't know I was gonna have lab tests until the afternoon before... I woulda ate a bit better tongue

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: What makes you, You? [Re: Allen] #55681 02/09/07 04:03 PM
embie Offline OP
Queen
Disciple
OP Offline
Queen
Disciple
I saw Mark at court today. First time in almost 2 years. He's clean and I'm thankful for that, but he looked so pale, frail and helpless. We hugged each other goodbye and I cried all the way home. Why did I think I could "fix" him? Why did I think it was even my place to have tried to? smash

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: What makes you, You? [Re: embie] #55682 02/10/07 04:58 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple

I remember a conversation I had with a friend one time... wink

Love is blind...

deaf....

and...

and...

tongue

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: What makes you, You? [Re: Allen] #55712 02/16/07 01:42 AM
Haze Offline
Disciple
Disciple
stupid????

Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15
Re: What makes you, You? [Re: Haze] #55713 02/16/07 01:45 AM
Haze Offline
Disciple
Disciple
and....that's from the voice of experience!!! tongue tongue tongue ...sooo 4get about love...it's all about lust (just kidding...maybe lol) but on a serious note...after 9 years of trying to "fix" someone...trying to be there for them, to be the person I thought they wanted me to be...to love them unconditionally...believing that they would change I've realized that I can't do any of that...people will change only when they want to change...and I have no control over that...I can either accept them as they are or leave them alone and when my beliefs are being compromised and my self-respect become lost in the shuffle it's time to wake up from my fantasy world that there is something special and meaningful and see things for what they really have been.....a whole lot of nothing.....now if only it were that easy to just walk away...it's an uphill battle....but the past month has showed me a side of this person I thought I knew so well...and a side of myself I never dreamed existed and I realize if my feelings for someone can push me to act so out of character then I need to distance myself from this relationship because it can only have a negative effect on me as a person.....so anyway...........now what were we discussing??

Last edited by Haze; 02/16/07 02:08 AM.

Choose for yourselves today whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15
Re: What makes you, You? [Re: Haze] #55719 02/16/07 11:32 PM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
We were discussing why you ignored me honking at you today. I must have honked pepe's horn 10-12 times and you just kept on eating cheetos no

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: What makes you, You? [Re: Allen] #55929 03/20/07 01:25 PM
embie Offline OP
Queen
Disciple
OP Offline
Queen
Disciple
So my bare buttski never touches a toilet seat, however, I am always very happy when I go to our ladies room at work to find it has just been cleaned and the toilet seats are still up and mine will be the first buttski NOT to touch the toilet seat... Oh life's simple pleasures... unuts

Re: What makes you, You? [Re: embie] #55931 03/20/07 02:18 PM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Ohhhhhhhhh I have heard about your type. You are a "hoverer."

WAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: What makes you, You? [Re: Steve] #55933 03/21/07 01:47 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
David has a side of the family that are hoverers wink

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: What makes you, You? [Re: Allen] #56522 05/26/07 02:34 AM
embie Offline OP
Queen
Disciple
OP Offline
Queen
Disciple
I fell asleep on the couch tonight and woke up at 10:30. I had the scariest dream I ever dreamed and now I can't forget it and I won't go up to my bed. It was about a man that comes into your house and measures you for a coffin one night while you are sleeping and the next night he puts you in it and buries you. The last thing I remember was crying and begging this other guy to get a gun cos I had two kids I still had to take care of. unuts eek

Re: What makes you, You? [Re: embie] #56546 05/29/07 02:33 AM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I had a dream that my husband and i were in wonderland (like alice) and we found these cakes that if you eat one, it would make you grow taller/bigger, and then other ones that a bite would make you grow smaller. well, i have such a low self esteem right now that i figured out in my dream that if i touched one of the special cakes to my .. say, breasts, they would get bigger, and the same for the ones that would make my tummy and badonkadonk get smaller. so i played "cake plastic resculpting" so long until john just got tired of waiting on me and left. how sad .... i need a self esteem boosting class. isnt that terrible /??

Re: What makes you, You? [Re: anangelsarms] #56553 05/29/07 11:07 AM
embie Offline OP
Queen
Disciple
OP Offline
Queen
Disciple
No, it's human. Sometimes we look at ourselves in a negative light for such a long time that we believe that everyone must really consider us to be that way too. Most of our "stuff" comes internally, but there is other stuff that comes from those that we live with. Familiarity brings on disregard sometimes. And "sometimes" men are oblivious to what we need... slap
Not that anyone is doing it purposefully but that you get so comfortable with a person that you don't remember to build them up or compliment them from time to time. Are you feeling low because of things within or because of where your marriage is, etc?

Re: What makes you, You? [Re: embie] #56562 05/30/07 12:06 AM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
no, john is amazing. accepting and comforting. encouraging and terminally sweet. it's me. i have "let myself go" since i had kids and havent really tried to "get it together" ... i have lost weight and looked great about two years ago, then it slipped again. quit drinking/smoking, and got back up to my icky weight. we are on a budget and when i have 20 bucks to spare, i surely dont think it's worth it having my eyebrows waxed or feet done, but appearantly it's something i am missing from the total picture. i think i have been "doing kids" so long that i dont have the motivation to get dressed up anymore, so i focus on what i can accomplish in the home, hair in a bun with my kids and whomever's i keep. i am lost in the shuffle. oh well. the thing i fear about "getting with it" and starting to do things for me is that i will really like it and then my kids will suffer ??? strange ??

Page 21 of 29 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 28 29

Moderated by  foreverchanged, NABSTER 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18