An interesting project by Derek. For those of you who attended our recent 'Out of Bounds Ski Retreat', you'll remember the mini-concert Derek and his wife Sandra McCracken put on Tuesday night. On that night he sang a couple songs off a new solo album he entitles \'She Must and Shall Go Free\' . We were able to snap up a copy of his limited edition ep (for $5 tongue ) months before the full album is released on March 25th.

[Linked Image]

Derek is one of the 3 guys in Caedmon's Call and really takes you to a different area of praise and worship. Not afraid to point fingers at himself for shortcomings we then see in ourselves, he uses lyrics that some may find offensive. In particular his Wedding Dress song - he points out the plank we carry in our eyes when we pretend to be better than the next guy when all we're doing is putting on filthy rags of hypocriticism, calling it our wedding dress, and running to the groom in times of convenience. All 3 songs speak to the church to bring back the veil of innocense and purity we've gotten away from.

ouch.

I like his style of music, you can compare him to Bebo Norman in some ways, and Caedmon's Call bears a huge Derek stamp on their music. I give it 4 out of 5 stars smile

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002