Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 77 1 2 3 4 5 6 76 77
Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16238 02/02/02 03:31 AM
F
foreverchanged Offline
Disciple
Disciple
F
Our nurse at work is due March 23. She went into labor Monday, and they were able to stop it. She went into labor again yesterday, and they were able to stop it again. Thanking God for keeping her safe and telling her impatient little boy to wait another month or so... smile And continuing to pray for a healthy baby...

-Michelle

The best laid plans are in my other pants. -- Newsboys
Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16239 02/02/02 01:43 PM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Isn't that so ironic? As babies, we just burst into this world wanting to see what God has for us...and then as adults, we're just bursting to leave this world to see what God has for us...

He is just too cool !

Praying with ya Michelle... smile

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16240 02/05/02 04:20 PM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

Never surprises me, but always Amazes me!!!

///

jumpy jumpy jumpy

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16241 02/05/02 07:15 PM
A
aleina Offline

under construction

under construction
A
Jesus can take out my trash every day!! hoppy

Or is it

Jesus takes out my trash every day help

ROFLOL!!

aleina

aleina [Linked Image]
Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16242 02/06/02 01:42 AM
F
foreverchanged Offline
Disciple
Disciple
F
LOL!!!

Don't know if anyone remembers Erin from Stand...really short dark hair, had a girl that she always hung out with, blonde...don't know her name...she went to One Day with us. Well, she worked at Dr. D's office with me, and she's engaged to a guy named Chris. He works for SW Bell who closed down their office here, and so he had to transfer to Houston. Erin's last day was today...she's been very worried about what they are going to do, but God provided them with an apartment just in time, and the moving package that his job provided is just enough to cover the moving expences plus the deposit and the first two months rent, and their income tax return is just enough to cover the wedding expenses that they needed...

And the week before she left, we got a girl who has worked in a doctor's office for 2 years, so she allready knows how to do everything...not much training required...so everything is taken care of!! Thank you God!!

Plus, the nurse is doing well on her medication and hasn't had anymore labor episodes. eek I certainly don't want to have to deliver a baby at work.... LOL

-Michelle

Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16243 02/07/02 08:05 PM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
My boss just came over and told me that since there was this huge re-org within our company, the big wigs have decided to align all of our divisions into the same reporting structures, they want everyone to be on the same schedules of accounting and blah blah blah...so all that mumbo jumbo relates to the fact that I now get an additional 17 days of vacation!!!

YeeeeeHaaaaa! God is Good! jumpy jumpy

let's seeeeee, where do I wanna go? wink

Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16244 02/07/02 09:29 PM
A
aleina Offline

under construction

under construction
A
SWEDEN!!!! Say HI to the polar bears Embie laugh

aleina [Linked Image]
Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16245 02/10/02 12:49 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Got a notice in the mail that my "moving violation" was Nolled!!! jumpy jumpy

No court and no fines for moi!!!! laugh

Truth and Justice do sometimes prevail...

thumbsup

Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16246 02/10/02 04:49 AM
A
Ashley Offline

Disciple

Disciple
A
I applied for a job at Ingles (Grocery store) today. The manager said if I would have turned in my application two days ago, I could have been working today! mad They just hired 3 people. But, on a happier note, I went back later to pick up some things (Mainly because I wanted to drive), and all of my friends who work there found out I applied. One of the head clerks said he'd put in a good word for me, and chances are I'll have a job by next weekend. Whooo hooo! I could totally use the money. But, I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Kids talk a lot of smack. rolleyes

Little things that made the day a little better:

I got to clean my room and do some laundry.

I got clean sheets.

I found a dollar in my jeans pocket. A nice clean, freshly washed dollar, I should add.

I drove for almost two hours today, without making one mistake.

I found out I'll get my license in a little over a month.

My dad bought me my favorite candy bar.

I made a new friend at Ingles.

I rented 3 movies. Evolution, Save the Last Dance, and Atlanis (sp?). (Well... Evolution was... slightly funny, but hardly worth 3.50.)

I got 14 hours of sleep last night.

SNL comes on tonight.

My brothers friend came over with his super cute ferret, who is sleeping in my lap right now.

I found an atom project I did in middle school under my bed. Which means I don't have to do another one, due Wednesday.

My brother hasn't been home allll day.

Mom gave me a $25 gift certificate for walmart.

Grandma gave me $25 check.

I don't have a headache.

I have a good taste in my mouth.

Last... It's bed time. sleep

(Maybe, after SNL laugh )

"Do you not understand?" -Jesus
Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16247 02/12/02 03:36 AM
Allen Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
Those were great Ashley... made me smile smile

I recently got some new roomates.. swore I'd never get anymore, but I really like these - my step-nephew and his wife. Great people, this puts them 30 min closer to work and school and gives me some company here and a little help with the bills. Plus, he says he can do some work my old house has been needing for a while now smile

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16248 02/12/02 04:02 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
YeeHaa to both posts! Ashley, you DO make me grin laugh

Hey Allen, excellent! thumbsup sounds like a "win-win". Always nice to have company and even betta the help with da bills wink

Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16249 02/12/02 11:51 PM
A
Ashley Offline

Disciple

Disciple
A
I'm down with that homey g-dog.

I'm trying to figure out what was so "make you grin."

I love these little icons.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
[Linked Image] <---Embie

Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16250 02/13/02 02:42 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
This was my favorite:
I found an atom project I did in middle school under my bed. Which means I don't have to do another one, due Wednesday.

That is something that my kids would be thrilled about and something I remember myself doing, not so long ago... Mine was on the Kreb's Cycle smash (Biology)

But just the style of your writing, (not making fun, it's a good thing smile ) makes me feel happy inside. It's refreshing to read. The things that make my day are not as innocent as yours. I like to read your posts. smile

Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16251 02/13/02 02:46 AM
A
Ashley Offline

Disciple

Disciple
A
Awwww... Thanks Embie. I like reading your posts too. I like reading Michelle's too, but her's are usually really long and the small print gives me a headache if I stare at it too long... I often have to highlight all her writing just to change the color from a mind numbing black on yellow to a groovy white on green. laugh

Mmmmm...

*Made my day better* TACO NIGHT! jumpy

Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16252 02/13/02 03:12 AM
F
foreverchanged Offline
Disciple
Disciple
F
<font color="limegreen"><font size="2"><font face="comic sans ms">Shall I type like this from now on?...or would that help?</font></font></font>

tongue

-Michelle

Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16253 02/13/02 03:55 AM
A
Ashley Offline

Disciple

Disciple
A
hoppy

Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16254 02/17/02 03:35 AM
A
Ashley Offline

Disciple

Disciple
A
Guess what? Guess what!? GUESS WHAT!?!?!

I went into Ingles today to talk to my friend Stephanie. She said "Oh, Ashley... You're in luck! 5 people quit today!" then my head clerk friend walked up and said "I told the manager man to hire you. Did he call?" I said "Nope." and then drove home (AT NIGHT! THIRD TIME EVER! DIDN'T KILL ANYONE!). And I checked my answering machine:

"Hello. This is so and so (forget his name) from Ingles, calling for Ashley. She put an application in last week. Well, we'd like her to call back as soon as possible."

YIPPIEEEEE! jumpy hoppy jumpy hoppy jumpy hoppy jumpy hoppy

Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16255 02/17/02 04:54 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Hey Ashley, I wanna say YeeHaa! and I do laugh

jumpy jumpy

...but...

(here's the umbrella cos I'm about to rain on your parade... frown )

5 people quitting in ONE DAY????? are you the least bit curious as to why????? eek

Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16256 02/17/02 05:16 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
I have been looking for some place to take my kids for summer vacation. The last couple years we had moved each summer so my vacation time was used up on the whole packing and unpacking effort.

We have rented a house in Cape Cod for the previous few years and we love the ocean. During the last two years, the owners of that house have gone and MOVED into it...(how dare they... wink ) So I was forced to look into alternative housing. Man, I couldn't believe how expensive everything was. The simplest of cottages rents for $1200 per week and I was told that this was inexpensive in the summer months... Between that and then the "spending money" (snacks, attractions, souveniers) there is no way I could afford it. I was really pretty low over the whole thing, I had really wanted to spend some quality fun time with my kids this year.

Well, trying to get to the point, tongue I had to run into the coffee shop to get some change for the payphone and I didn't wanna just ask for change so I picked up a little publication that I normally never read and was on my way. When I got home I was skimming thru the pages and stuck in between the ads for used funiture and housecleaning offers was this little blurb. "Island for rent". Just a tiny writeup and a phone number. So I decided to give it a call and I am sooo happy that I did. I rang this retired couple that bought this property three years ago. It is a log home on the coast of the Bay of Fundy in New Brunswick, Canada. It is smack in the middle of a whale research center and natural science habitat. The home is right on the shoreline. One side of the island has huge surfing waves and the other side is like glass for kayaking. At every point you can walk out and just watch seals and dolphin swim. There are hiking trails all over and the woman told me she hopes we like to watch birds...BIG BIRDS.

They are meeting me Tuesday to give me photos. They had one week left and it was open for me if I wanted it. It's an 8 hour drive and then we have to take a 90 minute ferry to the island, but I am so excited and the kids are just dying to go.

The best part of the entire story is that it will cost me $500 for everything. Obviously, it's a non-commercial community so one-on-one family time is what we will be having. And just to prove the existence of God, they just brought up a TV/VCR combo for rainy days... ROFL! laugh

God is good and meets our needs even before we know we have them. Praise Praise Praise! /

Re: Remembered to take out the trash... #16257 02/17/02 05:40 AM
A
Ashley Offline

Disciple

Disciple
A
quote:

Oh, yes... I know why. This is a crap job (to be perfectly honest.). Teenagers work here for a little while (usually a month or two) before they find a better job. This is kinda just a run through job for most people. Plus they have so many people working there, it doesn't really make much of a difference. As soon as someone finds a better job, they leave. This job doesn't pay much... The only reason I want it is because it's close.

Page 4 of 77 1 2 3 4 5 6 76 77

Moderated by  foreverchanged, Steve 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 221 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18