Home

Mr Deeds

Posted By: embie

Mr Deeds - 06/30/02 06:06 AM

I am a horrible movie critic. frown

Usually when the real critics give them an awful score, that's when I love them the best. laugh Not any different this time. Our reviewers gave it 1 1/2 stars out of 5 smash

It could be that part of the intrigue and the box office draw here was due to the fact that they filmed the Mandrake Falls portions of the film right here in CT. The real life town is called New Milford and it's about 10 minutes from where I work. The local group scenes employed the real locals. They said that Adam Sandlar was the dearest and most genuine man. He would talk with the people during all of the filming. He ate and drank in the neighborhood places. And he hung out at the local pubs after hours. Winona Ryder was the opposite, she avoided the crowds and pretty much kept to herself.

Anyway...the movie.

I just loved it. There was a mix of humor and sentiment and the entire movie encompasses all that I find good and amusing in life. There are a couple scenes where Sandlar's answer to "meanness" is using his fists, and for an adult, we can discern that and find the humor behind it. But for impressionable kids, this might not be so good. That was the only fault I found with it.

People going to find hilarity may or may not be satisfied. It's a little different than his other films. Most of the formers were way more adult oriented in regards to language and content. This was very mild and I really really enjoyed it. There were parts that I laughed out loud, and others that just left me grinning ear to ear.

All in all, I think it's worth the $18.00 we spent on tickets...I left there with a warm heart. smile

Here is the Critics "Bottom Line"

Mr Deeds is not that bad a film, but audiences expecting an uproarious Adam Sandler comedy may be disappointed in this sweet but irreverent movie. Sadly, Sandler is the least funny thing about this film, and the best moments are in the trailer.

I'd Boo that critic before I bood the film...
Posted By: Allen

Re: Mr Deeds - 06/30/02 07:11 AM

bbooooooooobb oob oob laugh

Thank you, I forgot you said it was a local movie... very nice. Some parts were corny, but overall a great movie to enjoy. I didn't know that was Winona Ryder, whistle ruff

I give it [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: foreverchanged

Re: Mr Deeds - 06/30/02 07:13 AM

were you going for thumbs up because of winona?? hehe...

I liked it too, tho yea...a little corny, and not quite as funny as some of Sandler's...but not quite as bad in the literal sense of the word either, so I guess it balances out...

Re: Mr Deeds - 06/30/02 07:19 AM

dangggg... tongue

the auto-imagy thing wouldn't work smile

Some of the funnier parts of the movie were not much more than sight gags, as some people from former movies showed up in there smile

Re: Mr Deeds - 06/30/02 07:21 AM

yup. The knee really freaked me out...the foot and the fire place poker turned my tummy a little too.

Re: Mr Deeds - 06/30/02 07:25 AM

I think I dropped something on the floor about that time. wink

Re: Mr Deeds - 06/30/02 07:28 AM

wish i woulda had a little 4 year old excuse to have gone to the potty right before those parts. hehe.

Re: Mr Deeds - 06/30/02 07:33 AM

You coulda checked wink I don't think it woulda been funny had you tripped tho... tinseltown from now on.
Posted By: embie

Re: Mr Deeds - 06/30/02 05:21 PM

BAH x 2 tongue tongue

Singing Major Thom into a banana and stopping the plane for Wendy's is so meeeeeee laugh laugh

...and John Turtura's character made me roll!

I was sooo happy that the foot he was finally touching had female toes and red polish eek

Re: Mr Deeds - 06/30/02 05:44 PM

for real!!! laugh
© 2024 PraiseCafe