Home

talk is cheap

Posted By: WebMinistry

talk is cheap - 10/15/10 03:50 PM

So you should also carefully scrutinize what I say too and what anyone says and writes about God and do so in conjunction with prayer. Because I’m finding an awful lot of talk from so-called Christians but precious little evidence of power in them. I’ve met and know believers that have studied the bible for decades. They love to quote verses from the bible, give godly advice and think they are very spiritually wise and blessed but when you test their understanding of the bible, all they have is differing opinions and just as many unanswerable questions as everyone else. Holy Bible this wonderful book which keeps me convicted and humbled by word is sadly also the same book which seems to have turned many if not most believers into hypocritical experts on God. It’s like stealing the answers for an exam yet never having learned what the questions were about. So now we have armies of self-righteous ignorant bible-thumpers instead of legions of sacrificial lambs. We now preach “a bible” which no man can truly comprehend instead of praying for God to empower us to preach “the gospel” in Christ. That alone may actually be the critical and perhaps even condemning difference between disciples 2000 years ago and today’s cheaters who think they got away with “stealing God’s answers”? Not to mention the fact that for centuries there were no bibles to thump with; a point which has been obliviously and conveniently ignored.

BTW, you should probably shut this forum down since obviously nobody is using it except me and/or you've driven everyone out with your judgmental forum rules format anyway? smile
Posted By: embie

Re: talk is cheap - 10/17/10 01:52 AM

Howdy "WebMinistry" I'm embie wavey Welcome laugh

Thanks for posting your insights here. We have seen many posters come and go, some stay a while, some don't, but the site remains open for those of us that have built relationships over the last 10 years and stop by when time and life allows, to check in and make a connection again. This might not be the site you are looking for. But God bless you along the way. smile
© 2024 PraiseCafe