Posted By: ClingingtoMyRockEternal

One More Time - 01/15/05 02:10 AM

Here I am again

Trying to reach You once more.

The clouds of my head grow thicker.

As I try to zoom in on You.

There’s always the question “Can You hear me?”

And the answer is always yes.

So why do I keep coming back to this same place on my quest?

The answers grow foggier as time moves on.

I’m not sure how much longer I can hang on.

You seem so very far away,

But I know you’re just an arms length away.

The clouds are so thick that I can’t see you.

Can You hear me God? I need you.

Here I am again

Falling on my face before you

Knowing it’s impossible for me to ignore you,

So speak to me now Dear God I pray.

Help me make it to You okay.
Posted By: foreverchanged

Re: One More Time - 01/18/05 09:05 PM

He says if we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us. What does it really mean to "draw near" to Jesus?
Posted By: spinster

Re: One More Time - 01/18/05 09:17 PM

awesome wisdom michelle, and beautiful words above ''clinging''. whats yur name? YOU CAN MAKE ONE UP TO FEEL SAFER. [;

Re: One More Time - 01/19/05 12:09 AM

me... my name is Rachel...
Posted By: UnconventionalKrisChen

Re: One More Time - 01/19/05 12:46 AM

Forever, I beleive in this sense it means always keeping Him close in thought word and deed. Being a part of you always.

Re: One More Time - 01/19/05 12:59 AM

HEY GANG, lets give Rachel[and michelle]a cyberhug! [; WE LOVE YA BOTH !

Re: One More Time - 01/19/05 04:52 PM

*hugs back*
Posted By: foreverchanged

Re: One More Time - 01/19/05 05:23 PM

*hugs*

Thanks for your answer, UCK. It seems so simple, doesn't it? And yet we always ask God "Where are you??" and He feels so far away...but we don't realize that we are the ones who have pulled away from him. If we were really "drawing near" to Him, then He would honor His word. He has to. He can't lie.

Re: One More Time - 01/19/05 08:36 PM

how does one know when youve pulled away from God, is it that he wont answer certain prayers[thats in His timing anyhow]Is there an obvious sign, is it gradual? Really confused today in general as far as direction or reaction to others here. as if feeding off negative energy. ? IS THAT THE DEVIL?
Posted By: Andy

Re: One More Time - 01/19/05 09:36 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If we were really "drawing near" to Him, then He would honor His word. He has to. He can't lie. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And stated another way...

If we were really "drawing near" to Him then we would honor His Word. So simple to say yet at times so hard to do.

I know I find myself questioning or wondering about that "Ilusive Will of God and exactly what His will for me is. Only to discover that He's told me time and time again.

And when we find ourselves in that position of being obedient that Light He promises in His Word begins to shine on our paths and life does not seem quite so confusing. And the we begin to drift and wonder why it seems a little darker, why we are a little more confused, why God does not speak like He used to or why we do not feel like He is there.

Once again only to discover that as we bagan to trust in ourselves and our abilities, talents we were really walking away from Him. confused
Posted By: NABSTER

Re: One More Time - 01/19/05 11:04 PM

only when our will will meets His will, do we feel close ALL the time. i try to pray daily that my will would be His will and that I would ACT UPON IT. knowing and doing are two completely different things.
nabster

Re: One More Time - 01/20/05 05:14 PM

true. I dont like to stay still for too long. of course, idle hands are devils workshop. one pastor says sometimes God wantsyou sit still and let Him do HIS work. thats the part which confuses me, which one is it? IF i DO THINGS IN MY OWN POWER[DOING SOMETHING], it fails, but if I sit still, God works it out. [I did understand your meaning however]. Im thinking volunteer work would be good for others first, then me.? iM A NATURAL GIVER, when not rejected, not needed-i crawl back in my shyness.

Re: One More Time - 01/22/05 05:45 PM

I struggled with that this past summer. I was running all over the place doing all kinds of things, and I was about to leave on a mission trip and I sprained my ankle so bad I could barely walk... I was on crutches for a coupla days. I struggled because I thought it might be God telling me to be still for awhile. However, it was Satan trying to get me to be still. On that mission trip I met a little girl named Jazmine. She had to wear a brace a lot like mine because she had some problems with her legs. All the kida at school were making fun of her because of it. Then she saw me and the way it didn't affect me, and she hasn't had a problem with it since. So you just have to listen. Play it by ear.

Re: One More Time - 01/22/05 07:09 PM

neat. maybe it happened to help her. and wasnt your lesson to learn, other than xtra compassion. doubt you need it however. you got that covered. its hard to tell who is talking to you sometimes. God doesnt put you down. people do, or the devil uses folks to get to your weaknesses, to bring you down. however folks on here, its only to help others if they give constructive criticism, its how we choose to react is the real lesson for me anyway. its different for everyone.

Re: One More Time - 01/22/05 07:13 PM

yeah... it is different. Sometimes I don't react well to critisism... especially if I think the person is wrong about what they're saying, but we all need to just learn to be polite about it... with that said I think I'm gone for the day Luv u guys!
© 2024 PraiseCafe