Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
Re: We Decide 2008 [Re: Allen] #63453 05/29/12 10:35 PM
Joel33 Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I've heard a lot of names thrown around and am intrigued by a few of them, but I really can't get the idea of Condoleeza Rice out of my head.

I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other— This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him! -- Joseph Smith History 1:17
Re: We Decide 2008 [Re: Allen] #63505 08/26/12 10:49 PM
Allen Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
So what do you think so far?

I think it's still anyone's game, tho if R/R play their cards right it could be another 2010 all over again...

I'm on O/B's mailing list (I might win a dinner with the pres wink ), they're sounding more desperate by the day.

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: We Decide 2008 [Re: Allen] #63506 08/30/12 10:50 PM
Joel33 Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Well, I think it is a hard slog ahead to actually win. I'm very happy at the rhetoric coming from the conservative Christian Right which is essentially echoing what I've been saying all along.

Mormons have enough in common with the Religious Right that we need to set aside theological differences to promote our common beliefs on morality in our country - not to mention common sense Fiscal Policy.

I do know this, I was at an Amish wedding a few weeks ago and as the only Mormon there, became designated at Mitt's unofficial emissary to the Amish (in their eyes). They all took the time to tell me that the Amish are 99% behind Mitt - so at least we have that voting bloc tied up. And since they mostly don't have telephones, they are difficult for pollsters to track. I'm just not sure about how large their numbers are - hopefully they can impact swing states like Pennsylvania and Ohio. smile

I am happy and hopeful. The President's campaign trail rhetoric has taken on a mean-spirited tone and if he's unable to create some separation in the polls, I am fully prepared for him to start to bash on the Mormon thing - starting with polygamy and racism. I kind of hope he does because I believe it will backlash on him.

I'm pretty sure that the President genuinely hates Mitt.

I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other— This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him! -- Joseph Smith History 1:17
Re: We Decide 2008 [Re: Allen] #63507 10/31/12 05:41 PM
Allen Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
Looking good right now... ready for the wait to be over tho.

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: We Decide 2008 [Re: Allen] #63509 11/05/12 08:42 PM
Joel33 Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I am dying inside.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

I hope and pray for the best and we both know what that means.

Re: We Decide 2008 [Re: Allen] #63510 12/08/12 01:36 PM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Very sad outcome. So strange as EVERYONE I've spoken with voted for Mitt. Wonder if it's just a reflection of the circles I travel in, but it seems so hard to believe that Obama got in again... smash

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: We Decide 2008 [Re: Allen] #63513 12/08/12 03:07 PM
Allen Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
Amen - the eejits who predicted a landslide for romney should be tarred and feathered. They, along with Chris Christie, did a tremendous harm to voter turnout. 3 million votes less than McCain - it would take someone actively working against voter turnout to have predicted that.

Obama ran a pitiful campaign, did poorly in the debates, the economy was in shambles, every economic prognosticator that wins/loses elections were in the negatives, we're jokes on the international scene, yet he still won by 3.5 million votes.

That said, maybe we can at least put to rest "not voting for a mormon" - I understand record numbers of evangelicals turned out to vote for Mitt.

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: We Decide 2008 [Re: Allen] #63514 12/10/12 04:28 PM
Joel33 Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I think you are right. Mormonism and Evangelical-ism (if that's what you call it) made great strides in understanding our common political goals and ideologies. That's what I've been saying for years - even though we may disagree on some things (for instance, I don't care that much if y'all don't think I'm saved), we can accomplish more good in a world that is full of much greater disagreements than those we have between ourselves.

Personally, I've evolved a little bit politically and lean a little more libertarian than ever before. I with the GOP would move in that direction as well. I mean, let's face it, rather than staking a position on gay marriage (for instance), wouldn't it be better for government to get out of the marriage business - considering that marriage has always been a religious institution? Shouldn't the Government just recognize domestic partnerships and let churches decide who they will and won't marry?

That's just a small example, but I feel like the radicalism on social issues in the GOP often gets equated to prejudice in the media - perhaps sometimes deservedly so.

I understand that illegal immigration is a problem, why is it however, that the Democrats - who also perceive it as a problem seem to overcome that while the GOP appears to be racially motivated and divisive.

I'm rambling here, but back to the original point, apparently evangelicals are willing to vote for a Mormon - that's a good thing because - Huntsman in 2016!!!

Re: We Decide 2008 [Re: Allen] #63516 12/18/12 03:16 PM
Allen Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
Huntsman? I really doubt that wink

I don't remember the Repubs saying anything about social issues this year, certainly Romney and Ryan didn't. The Dems tried to make them issues since the economy and their record wasn't what they could run on. We just run bad campaigns, there's no way around it. The establishment guys (Rove, Morrison, Coulter, et al) need to find another line of work over the next 2-3 years. They are just terrible. If I ever watch Hannity and his re-treads of commentators again, it will be too early. They were worse than useless, they were counter-productive.

Frontrunners next time around will probably include Rubio

- Allen [Linked Image]
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  embie, foreverchanged 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 279 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20