Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 59 of 61 1 2 57 58 59 60 61
Re: A little levity [Re: Allen] #60804 07/31/08 09:57 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
[Linked Image]

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: A little levity [Re: Steve] #60817 08/02/08 09:31 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Bad News From Iraq

George Bush was in his office for awaiting the daily call report from General Petreous in Iraq. His phone rings and the General says, "Mr. President I have some bad news to report sir."

The president steels himself and says "alright general, I'm ready."

General Petreous replies, "Sir, I am sorry to report that we have lost two Brazilian soldiers in todays combat operations."

The president is visibly shaken and burries his facein his hands for a little while. The pause is long enough the general becomes concerned. He asks, "Mr President, are you there?"

Finally the President is able to compose himself and speak. He raises up and with moist eyes he asks, "Ok General, remind me again, exactly how many is in a brazillion again?"

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: A little levity [Re: Steve] #60821 08/03/08 06:42 AM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
i heard that one before ... pooooor prez bush. have you heard about that new movie james cameron (?not sure?) is making called "w" ????

-hanging in there- Jenna Clark
Re: A little levity [Re: anangelsarms] #60828 08/04/08 02:03 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
A brazillion is a type of wax, eh?

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: A little levity [Re: Allen] #61094 08/28/08 07:19 PM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Obama, Biden to Adopt Child

DENVER, CO - Barack Obama and Joe Biden, America's hottest new couple, will announce plans to adopt a Republican child, according to sources close to the pair. Continuing the trend of high-profile couples adopting oppressed children, 'Obiden', as they are collectively known, seek to rescue children mired in the clutches of conservatism. The couple has located a child in a remote, unprogressive part of western Texas, long plagued with little diversity and chronic gun use.

"We can make a difference one child at a time." said a tearful Obama during a convention break. "There are millions of helpless children in danger of living their entire lives as conservatives. We can spare them that tragedy, give them spare hope, and spare change."

The child, known only as 'Jacob', has reportedly never been exposed to recreational drug use, seen a homeless person, or ridden public transportation. His native land is notorious for ethnic and religious oppression. "There isn't a mosque or hip-hop club within a thousand miles." says Obama. Children as young as four years old are taught to shoot guns and encouraged to kill fish and other animals. "The environment there is pretty barbaric." adds Obama.

Obama, who is half Caucasian, along with Biden, who is completely Caucasian, plan to quickly introduce Jacob to mainstream American life. Said Obama: "We're planning an extended trip to South Chicago, away from all the guns and the killing."

www.Real-Men.net
Re: A little levity [Re: Steve] #61100 08/29/08 04:19 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Poor Jacob, clinging to his guns and religion.

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: A little levity [Re: Allen] #61187 09/10/08 02:02 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Hurricane Prepardness

We are again in the hurricane season. You may soon be turning on the TV and seeing a weather person pointing to some radar blob out in the Gulf of Mexico and making two basic meteorological points:

(1) There is no need to panic.
(2) We could all be killed.

Yes, hurricane season is an exciting time to be in Louisiana . If you're new to the area, you're probably wondering what you need to do to prepare for the possibility that we'll get hit by 'the big one.' Based on our experiences, we recommend that you follow this simple three-step hurricane preparedness plan:

STEP 1 - Buy enough food and bottled water to last your family for at least three days.
STEP 2 - Put these supplies into your car.
STEP 3 - Drive to Nebraska and remain there until Halloween.

Unfortunately, statistics show that most people will not follow this sensible plan. Most people will foolishly stay here in Louisiana . We'll start with one of the most important hurricane preparedness items:

HOMEOWNERS' INSURANCE: If you own a home, you must have hurricane insurance. Fortunately, this insurance is cheap and easy to get, as long as your home meets two basic requirements:

(1) It is reasonably well-built, and
(2) It is located in Nebraska

Unfortunately, if your home is located in South Louisiana , or any other area that might actually be hit by a hurricane, most insurance companies would prefer not to sell you hurricane insurance, because then they might be required to pay YOU money, and that is certainly not why they got into the insurance business in the first place. So you'll have to scrounge around for an insurance company, which will charge you an annual premium roughly equal to the replacement value of your house. At any moment, this company can drop you like used dental floss. Since Hurricane George, I have had an estimated 27 different home-insurance companies. This week, I'm covered by the Bob and Big Stan Insurance Company, under a policy which states that, in addition to my premium, Bob and Big Stan are entitled, on demand, to my kidneys.

SHUTTERS: Your house should have hurricane shutters on all the windows, all the doors, and -- if it's a major hurricane -- all the toilets. There are several types of shutters, with advantages and disadvantages:

Plywood shutters: The advantage is that, because you make them yourself, they're cheap. The disadvantage is that, because you make them yourself, they will fall off.

Sheet-metal shutters: The advantage is that these work well, once you get them all up. The disadvantage is that once you get them all up, your hands will be useless bleeding stumps, and it will be December.

Roll-down shutters: The advantages are that they're very easy to use, and will definitely protect your house. The disadvantage is that you will have to sell your house to pay for them.

'Hurricane-proof' windows: These are the newest wrinkle in hurricane protection. They look like ordinary windows, but they can withstand hurricane winds! You can be sure of this, because the salesman says so. He lives in Nebraska .

Hurricane Proofing Your Property: As the hurricane approaches, check your yard for movable objects like barbecue grills, planters, patio furniture, visiting relatives, etc. You should, as a precaution, throw these items into your swimming pool (if you don't have a swimming pool, you should have one built immediately). Otherwise, the hurricane winds will turn these objects into deadly missiles.

EVACUATION ROUTE: If you live in a low-lying area, you should have an evacuation route planned out. (To determine whether you live in a low-lying area, look at your driver's license; if it says ' Louisiana ,' you live in a low-lying area.) The purpose of having an evacuation route is to avoid being trapped in your home when a major storm hits. Instead, you will be trapped in a gigantic traffic jam several miles from your home, along with two hundred thousand other evacuees. So, as a bonus, you will not be lonely.

HURRICANE SUPPLIES: If you don't evacuate, you will need a mess of supplies. Do not buy them now! Louisiana tradition requires that you wait until the last possible minute, then go to the supermarket and get into vicious fights with strangers over who get the last can of SPAM. In addition to food and water, you will need the following supplies:

23 flashlights

At least $167 worth of batteries that turn out, when the power goes off, to be the wrong size for the flashlights.

Bleach. (No, I don't know what the bleach is for. NOBODY knows what the bleach is for, but it's traditional, so GET some!)

A 55-gallon drum of underarm deodorant.

A large quantity of raw chicken, to placate the alligators. (Ask anybody who went through the last storm; after the hurricane, there WILL be irate alligators.)

$35,000 in cash or diamonds so that, after the hurricane passes, you can buy a generator from a man with no discernible teeth.

Of course these are just basic precautions. As the hurricane draws near, it is vitally important that you keep abreast of the situation by turning on your television and watching TV reporters in rain slickers stand right next to the ocean and tell you over and over how vitally important it is for everybody to stay away from the ocean.

Good luck, and remember -- It's great living in The Sportsman's Paradise!

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: A little levity [Re: Allen] #61193 09/11/08 04:44 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Top Ten Reasons Hurricane Season Is Like Christmas

Number Ten:
Decorating the house (with plywood).

Number Nine:
Dragging out boxes that haven't been used since last season.

Number Eight:
Last minute shopping in crowded stores.

Number Seven:
Regular TV shows pre-empted for 'Specials'.

Number Six:
Family coming to stay with you.

Number Five:
Family and friends from out of state calling you.

Number Four:
Buying food you don't normally buy . . . and in large quantities.

Number Three:
Days off from work.

Number Two:
Candles.

And the Number One reason Hurricane Season is like Christmas:
At some point you're probably going to have a tree in your house!

smash

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: A little levity [Re: Allen] #61300 10/02/08 05:22 PM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality?

Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak the stone cold truth of our great friendship.

1. When you are sad --I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.

4. When you're scared -- We will high tail it out of here.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining, ya big baby!!!!

6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.

7. When you are sick --Stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you are drunk -- I'm, very likely, drunk as well

9. When you have a hangover -- Don't wake me up, unless I'm choking

10. When you fall -- I'll try not to laugh... too hard. -- Then I'll pick you up and dust you off.

11. This is my oath...I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask -- because you are my FRIEND!

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: A little levity [Re: Allen] #61362 10/09/08 03:13 AM
D
David Offline
Disciple
Disciple
D

- David
- Consider the daffodil, and while you are doing that, I'll be over here going through your stuff.
Re: A little levity [Re: David] #61423 10/15/08 09:41 PM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Whatever you give a woman she's going to multiply.

If you give her a house, she'll give you a home.

If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.

If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart.

She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her.

So - if you give her crap, you will receive more $%^& than any one human being can handle.

laugh

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: A little levity [Re: Allen] #61428 10/16/08 01:00 PM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
true dat !!!!!!!!!
i have a shed full by the way....

Psalm 91
Re: A little levity [Re: NABSTER] #61443 10/18/08 04:59 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Dennis Miller - "A recent police study found that you're much more likely to get shot by a fat cop if you run."

laugh

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: A little levity [Re: Allen] #61728 11/19/08 04:10 PM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Paddy & Murphy are working on a building site. Paddy says to Murphy 'Im gonna have the day off, I'm gonna pretend Im mad!'

He climbs up the rafters , hangs upside down & shouts 'I'M A LIGHTBULB! I'M A LIGHTBULB!' Murphy watches in amazement!

The Foreman shouts 'Paddy you're mad, go home!' So he leaves the site. Murphy starts packing his kit up to leave as well.
"Where the heck are you going?' asks the Foreman.

'I cant work in the friggin dark! ' says Murphy.

tongue

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: A little levity [Re: Allen] #61729 11/19/08 04:32 PM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
A wealthy old Gentleman decides to go on a hunting safari in Africa , taking his faithful, elderly Jack Russell named Killer, along for the company.

One day the old Jack Russell starts chasing rabbits and before long, discovers that he's lost. Wandering about, he notices a leopard heading rapidly in his direction with the intention of having lunch.

The old Jack Russell thinks, 'Oh, oh! I'm in deep doo-doo now!' Noticing some bones on the ground close by, he immediately settles down to chew on the bones with his back to the approaching cat. Just as the leopard is about to leap, the old Jack Russell exclaims loudly, 'Boy, that was one delicious leopard! I wonder if there are any more around here?'

Hearing this, the young leopard halts his attack in mid-st rike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees. 'Whew!', says the leopard, 'That was close! That old Jack Russell nearly had me!'

Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a near by tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for protection from the leopard. So off he goes, but the old Jack Russell sees him heading after the leopard with great speed, and figures that something must be up.

The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the leopard.

The young leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, 'Here, monkey, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine!

Now, the old Jack Russell sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back and thinks, 'What am I going to do now?', but instead of running, the dog sits down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear, the old Jack Russell says...

'Where's that darn monkey? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another leopard!'

Moral of this story....

Don't mess with the old dogs...age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.

thumbsup

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: A little levity [Re: Allen] #61731 11/20/08 01:27 PM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
chuckle!!!!

www.Real-Men.net
Re: A little levity [Re: Steve] #61740 11/21/08 01:18 AM
Andy Offline
aka Trusting Him
Disciple
aka Trusting Him
Disciple
Nice

Who are you? What do you want? Why are you here? Where are you Going?
Re: A little levity [Re: Andy] #61848 12/03/08 03:06 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Politically Correct Holiday Wishes:

Please accept without obligation, express or implied, these best wishes for an environmentally safe, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, and gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday as practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice (but with respect for the religious or secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or for their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all) and further for a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated onset of the generally accepted calendar year (including, but not limited to, the Christian calendar, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures).

The preceding wishes are extended without regard to the race, creed, age, physical ability, religious faith or lack thereof, choice of computer platform, or sexual preference of the wishee(s).

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: A little levity [Re: Allen] #61849 12/03/08 03:47 PM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I am offended.... smile

Psalm 91
Re: A little levity [Re: NABSTER] #61850 12/04/08 02:09 PM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
It offended me to post it tongue

- Allen [Linked Image]
Page 59 of 61 1 2 57 58 59 60 61

Moderated by  embie, foreverchanged 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 279 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20