Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
transfiguration question #59590 04/09/08 02:07 PM
A
AmyK Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
A
Hi again...
Our Bible study this week includes the passage about the Transfiguration. Its in Matthew 17:1-9. I was surprised by how little i really know about this event... Can you share your perspective of what it means? What we can learn... what it alludes to from the Old Testament and for the future? How it all fits together?

And why did Peter think he should build them some shelters?

Re: transfiguration question [Re: AmyK] #59608 04/10/08 12:52 PM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
wow, there is so much to this. I have been reading online many commentaries about this event. So many facets and things it ties together within scripture and prophecy. There is much theory about some of the figures included and why etc.
Have you done any further reading ?
start here. this one is good and accurate but may not be as deep as want to go...
http://www.crossroads.ca/unique/un020626.htm

Psalm 91
Re: transfiguration question [Re: NABSTER] #59613 04/10/08 05:09 PM
A
AmyK Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
A
that is awesome! thank you! I had collected bits and pieces of what that link gives you, but nothing close to all the pieces they pull together!

I had a friend tell me that this gives us a glimpse of what Heaven will be like. He also reminded me of how Moses asked to see God's Glory, and how Moses face was glowing... your article points out Stephen as well, which i completely forgot about.

To imagine Jesus taking the 3 disciples... wow. The voice of God... identifying Jesus, and telling them to Listen to Him and then in their fear on the ground, Jesus touches them and says "dont be afraid" wow. Yes... I was amazed how I just never really focused on this before... and it seems chock full of meaning.

Re: transfiguration question [Re: AmyK] #60274 05/19/08 09:56 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Look also at Peter when he got out of the boat. You catch a glimpse of him changing because when Peter sank it was because he had fear because he "saw the wind" not the effects of the wind, he did not feel the wind. He saw it.... The bible does not record his amazement that he was walking on water, it was his fear of seeing the wind. I truly believe that he tapped into (by faith) a somehow transfigured body.

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net

Moderated by  foreverchanged, Steve 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 237 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
kpdlr
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18