Watching last night's performance finally.
I haven't read the above reviews yet.Jason
- 1st song (forever in blue jeans) nice voice, ok job. Nothing a million others couldn't do.David C
- Not familiar with this song, miles above Jason's talent tho - like comparing a choir singer with an actual performer.Brooke
- "I'm a Believer" - much better than the last few weeks. Still not the edge or the vocal talent to win it all. Pure vanilla ice cream in a world screaming for more sprinkles.David A
- "Sweet Caroline" - great voice, still pure vanilla - right between Jason and David C talent and vocal talent-wise. Actually... better than that, but David C has the maturity and talent to sing it all.Syesha
Did I mention I really like a lot of Neil Diamond's music? He's not my all-time fave but he's really put some great stuff out over the years.
Back to Syesha - she and David A took some liberty with the arragements, it seemed mainly because the range was too wide for them, they'd modulate into another octave. She sang well, nothing I remember much about tho.
Then Paula - just a little nutty and spacey, that's all I can say about that.Jason
- "September Morn" - started a little pitchy, it's a hard song tho. One of my favorite Neil Diamond songs. This one was better than the first one. Still not something to write home about - ended very weak. I'm going to go on record - Sanjaya sang better.David C
- Not familiar with this song either. Still, he and Syesha are the best of the lot left. Miles and Miles and Miles better than Jason. I'd possibly
download that one from itunes and play it again. Brooke
- "I am I said" - yes, she peaked a few weeks ago. This one was better than the last 2 weeks, but not as good/fresh as the first 3 weeks or so. Her voice seems weak or something (does she have a cold?). The ice cream is melting... melting...David A
- "Coming to America" - David A - talented, just not AI - would probably be good in a boy band. Still much
better than Jason. Maybe a couple years of maturity, singing the right songs, getting the right exposure, would put him over the top.Syesha
- "Thank the Lord for the Night Time" - she doesn't seem to have the assuredness of the last week or so. She's good, but her voice seems a bit shaky for some reason.
Do not understand this year, started off with so much promise. If it deteriorates next year as miuch as this year... sayanara AI. It HAS to be taken out of the hands of the people who wish to turn it into a teeny bopper cute smile contest. Already the 3 most talented have been eliminated. If David C gets cut, it's over with.
OK - if it were based on talent - jason would be going home. Otherwise, probably Brooke.