Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24
Re: AI Watch [Re: Allen] #59916 04/24/08 01:40 PM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
what a travsety. wife and I were so mad last nite, couldnt see straight.
for Brooke, who cant seem to start and finish without starting over, shaking uncontrollably and quivering through the songs - or speeding up tempo- os showing she has no range and cracking her voice - to still be on a singing contest is RIDICULOUS.

David A had a nice performance and can really sing well. I just dont think he knows how to sing anything uptempo or with gusto. I would never buy an album of 40-50 minutes of David Archuletta.

syesha is the bomb. she was fabulous. and sexy,and great stage presence...AND SHE CAN SING.

carly to go home before jason and brooke is like - sanjaya beating out some others last year - or the year Latoya London went home early before some other doofusses.

jason - is making me sick. and he knows he doesnt belong. it is laughable, especially last nite. HE knew he was done. and by the grace of the teenage voting AI gods, he has a breath of life injected into his lame singing once again...
His career is about to labeled "the Sanjaya of 2008 season". He doesnt want that.

DAvid COok - is the real deal. Did anyone catch when he said, "he had been singing broadway stuff since the age of about 15?" He is a talented VOCALIST and he has style, and he is likeable and he has charisma and emotion. He is the Daughtry of 2008. I predict a tour with Daughtry and Cook in 2009-2010. And I would be there.

FUnny how this AI thing gets our BP's up aint it...

Psalm 91
Re: AI Watch [Re: NABSTER] #59920 04/24/08 02:54 PM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
I think David Cook will win it all, at least I hope so. I was sorry for Carly, I really expected Brooke to go, however, I cast the deciding vote that kept Jason in. A.I. called me to let me know that. tongue

Still don't like Syesha, and I think Allen was right when he talked about flashes of attitude. Humility is important, even in stardom. Everything that comes to us is a gift from God, it should be honored as such.

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #59930 04/24/08 06:51 PM
Joel33 Offline
Disciple
Disciple
David Cook is good, but his rendition the other night I thought sucked.

In fact, when Randy began to praise his performance, my first thought was that he had accidentally taken a drink from Paula's Coca Cola glass.

Syesha does well, but her voice isn't really that strong. She is the strangest combination of Dorky and Attractive. It's very strange.

Brooke was lucky, but AI also did Carly no favors by playing up the fact that Carly was Irish. Americans like to vote for Americans, that's why MJ and CS have been ousted long before their time. No question there are many voters who vote for someone simply because they're from Arizona or Utah or California. Being from Australia and Ireland just can't be compensated for on a show like AI.

Cook would be the most interesting Album, but that hasn't stopped any other season from crowning some irrelevant winner. With the exceptoin of Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood.

A3? Wikipedia'd? Not sure what you mean, every first year Music Student at the college level comes in thinking ALW is the bomb and then a professor starts to play and contrast excerpts from PUccini (clearly ALW's favorite) and ALW --- and suddenly your little freshman heart is shattered as one of your heroes is academically disemboweled. It just happens.

I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other— This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him! -- Joseph Smith History 1:17
Re: AI Watch [Re: Joel33] #59931 04/24/08 07:50 PM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
academically disemboweled

Very interesting description Joel...

[Linked Image]

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #59938 04/25/08 01:02 AM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
ah, gotcha joel.

i think syesha did it for me in try outs when she was walking around holding up a sign and writing to talk to save her voice ... pahhh leeese.

i like jason ... can NOT believe you compared him to sanjaia (sp) .. ugh. he is fun, not AI material, but like embie, i am going to keep dialing him in.

i would put money on david cook. he has gotten literally better and better and better. and smiles, knows he's good, but has kind of reigned it in. that's my vote.

-hanging in there- Jenna Clark
Re: AI Watch [Re: anangelsarms] #59952 04/26/08 06:21 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Simon thinks Jason's "charming"... laugh

Usually if Simon doesn't care for someone he makes it quite clear... also, he surely didn't hold back when he spoke out against Sanjaya.

There is no comparison between Jason and Sanjaya. slap

Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #59955 04/26/08 07:42 AM
Allen Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
Sure there is, Jason's voice is no better than Sanjaya's - everyone thought Sanjaya was pretty good until he started going up against better talent and kept winning anyway. This isn't a talent contest obviously, or Jason would have went home weeks ago.

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: AI Watch [Re: Allen] #59961 04/26/08 12:57 PM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Oh, granted, talent wise I agree, he isn't as good as the others.

I started wanting Sanjaya off when he began with those ridiulous hair-do's and almost making a joke out of the competition. He wasn't serious. I think Jason is doing the best that he can and his character is not like Sanjaya's. In my opinion he's very humble. smile

Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #60021 04/29/08 11:24 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
A.I. tonight. jumpy

Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #60039 04/30/08 10:32 AM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
brooke was weak. jason - okay...no he was awful. david a- strong but cracked a few times and wasnt best performances. david c- very original- nice job. syesha - again i thought was very good vocally and performance was a bit broadway - but it was Neil Diamond.
paula- mustve been on drugs...anyone who watched - it was obvious she was a bit cloudy in the brain.

Psalm 91
Re: AI Watch [Re: NABSTER] #60042 04/30/08 11:09 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Had the last of my wisdom teeth removed last week and it hasn't been so pleasant this time... smash I passed out at 5:30, woke up at 8:15, groggily tried to keep my eyes open and passed out again at 8:45. slap

Who do you think will be voted off? I hope not Jason, frown I couldn't even think straight to vote last night.

Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #60047 04/30/08 01:55 PM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
without your vote ...he is a goner.

Psalm 91
Re: AI Watch [Re: NABSTER] #60048 04/30/08 02:16 PM
Joel33 Offline
Disciple
Disciple
who cares about the contestants?

Paula was awesome.

Straight up now tell me, does she really wanna be drunk forever?

Oh, Oh, Oh.

Or is she just havin' fun?

I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other— This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him! -- Joseph Smith History 1:17
Re: AI Watch [Re: Joel33] #60050 04/30/08 08:54 PM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
SHE IS ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY DRUNK OR DOING SOME HEAVY MEDS. I HEAR the show is scripted so strongly that she was just reading her script.i will tell you who is going home this week....it will be the guy who is in control of her meds!!!!!!!!!

Psalm 91
Re: AI Watch [Re: NABSTER] #60053 04/30/08 11:06 PM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Aside from last night, I always thought she had some type of abuse problem. She blamed it on the producers and then said that she heard part of Jason's song during dress rehearsal... I think both Paula and Randy should be replaced... slap

Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #60056 05/01/08 01:46 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
woot Jason woot Jason woot

yeah babeeee yay

Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #60057 05/01/08 02:03 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Brooke... I was sad for her...

When will Syesha ever go?

[Linked Image]

Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #60058 05/01/08 02:04 AM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
one mormon down and 1 to go... just kiddin. I will miss Brooke. ALthough she isnt Idol material vocally she is remarkaly memorable and definable as an artist. She will do very well. IMHO>

Psalm 91
Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #60059 05/01/08 02:24 AM
Allen Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
Watching last night's performance finally. tongue I haven't read the above reviews yet.

Jason - 1st song (forever in blue jeans) nice voice, ok job. Nothing a million others couldn't do.

David C - Not familiar with this song, miles above Jason's talent tho - like comparing a choir singer with an actual performer.

Brooke - "I'm a Believer" - much better than the last few weeks. Still not the edge or the vocal talent to win it all. Pure vanilla ice cream in a world screaming for more sprinkles.

David A - "Sweet Caroline" - great voice, still pure vanilla - right between Jason and David C talent and vocal talent-wise. Actually... better than that, but David C has the maturity and talent to sing it all.

Syesha - "Hello"

Did I mention I really like a lot of Neil Diamond's music? He's not my all-time fave but he's really put some great stuff out over the years.

Back to Syesha - she and David A took some liberty with the arragements, it seemed mainly because the range was too wide for them, they'd modulate into another octave. She sang well, nothing I remember much about tho.

Then Paula - just a little nutty and spacey, that's all I can say about that.

Jason - "September Morn" - started a little pitchy, it's a hard song tho. One of my favorite Neil Diamond songs. This one was better than the first one. Still not something to write home about - ended very weak. I'm going to go on record - Sanjaya sang better.

David C - Not familiar with this song either. Still, he and Syesha are the best of the lot left. Miles and Miles and Miles better than Jason. I'd possibly download that one from itunes and play it again. smile

Brooke - "I am I said" - yes, she peaked a few weeks ago. This one was better than the last 2 weeks, but not as good/fresh as the first 3 weeks or so. Her voice seems weak or something (does she have a cold?). The ice cream is melting... melting...

David A - "Coming to America" - David A - talented, just not AI - would probably be good in a boy band. Still much better than Jason. Maybe a couple years of maturity, singing the right songs, getting the right exposure, would put him over the top.

Syesha - "Thank the Lord for the Night Time" - she doesn't seem to have the assuredness of the last week or so. She's good, but her voice seems a bit shaky for some reason.

Do not understand this year, started off with so much promise. If it deteriorates next year as miuch as this year... sayanara AI. It HAS to be taken out of the hands of the people who wish to turn it into a teeny bopper cute smile contest. Already the 3 most talented have been eliminated. If David C gets cut, it's over with.

OK - if it were based on talent - jason would be going home. Otherwise, probably Brooke.

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: AI Watch [Re: Allen] #60060 05/01/08 02:28 AM
Allen Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
heh, I guessed right tongue

- Allen [Linked Image]
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24

Moderated by  embie, foreverchanged 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 279 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20