Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 24 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 23 24
Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #59788 04/19/08 11:40 AM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
i dont get it either. se is AI material. Pop r and b voice...nice looks, great smile. sings her butt off...why America why?

Psalm 91
Re: AI Watch [Re: NABSTER] #59817 04/22/08 12:55 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Kristy got engaged yay

That rates up there with excitement any day. smile

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #59820 04/22/08 02:50 AM
Allen Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
Syesha gets flashes of attitude, you might have seen those.

Kristy got engaged? Some dude is riding the bandwagon tongue

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: AI Watch [Re: Allen] #59825 04/22/08 11:17 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Yep, supposedly he popped the question a few weeks ago, but the AI heads wouldn't let her tell anyone until she either got bumped or became the Idol... smile

God closes a door and opens a window. smile

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #59845 04/23/08 01:48 AM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Brooke - blah. getting tired of her. she just isnt good enough to be Star material. But she is sooo likeable.

Syesha- lots of energy. thought she was really good again.

david a - sweet david a. safe performance. sounded nice. no dynamics on a broadway show song....great voice but his teen age shows.

carly- loved it. lots of energy. big voice. memorable performance. cool outfit.

david c - the man can just sing. whether it is his style or not. he can blow. nice tone, on key , good dynamics. nice arrangement.

jsaon c - goes home this week. he was awful.

Psalm 91
Re: AI Watch [Re: NABSTER] #59847 04/23/08 02:04 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
David C. is my all time favorite, but I voted for Jason so he wouldn't get das boot. tongue He's too sweet to look at to leave so soon... ruff

I think Brooke goes this week. But didn't you just love the gaze and unspoken love between Brooke and her husband after her performance? Melted my heart. laugh

Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #59850 04/23/08 03:26 AM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
so your the one keeping jason in the show...harumph.
smile

Psalm 91
Re: AI Watch [Re: NABSTER] #59853 04/23/08 04:12 AM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
and me too. but yeah, david cook was my favorite. i simply LOVE andrew loyd w. ... and music of the night is one of my fav songs of all time, you know the list of songs you ALWAYS cry listening to ? no matter who sings it. shoot, I could sing it and cry. wait, i do, cause i am so bad.

-hanging in there- Jenna Clark
Re: AI Watch [Re: anangelsarms] #59857 04/23/08 05:12 AM
Allen Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
You got that right Jen tongue

Finally watching now:

Note: Andrew Lloyd Webber - how in the world is he relevant to today's music? Yes, he wrote LOTS of great music in the 70's for Broadway musicals, but he's about as relevant to today's music as Dolly Parton was 2 weeks ago. tongue For singers with bigger voices (Carly, David C) this should be a good night tho.

Syesha - very good, different from any style she has done before, but it will be difficult for her to be in the bottom 3 this week smile

Jason - ALW sure didn't like his choice tonight. The teenybopper girls (and their mothers) will eat it up tho. This performance was like every other one - good, not great; he seems to have found his niche and will mold every song into a crooner.

Brooke - started over again? Really needs to be more professional. I understand the pressure, but still... this isn't carioche night at Applebee's. Second start - good, not great. She peaked a few weeks ago. Song choice tonight (probably pushed on her by having to sing ALW songs) puts most listeners asleep. Gotta have a stronger voice to sing the ballads convincingly (right Jason fans?). Great personality, but please pick better songs...

David A - splits the teeny vote with Jason, no matter how either sings. He's a better version of Jason tho, stronger voice, but no Michael Johns or Clay Aiken or Daughtry, Elliot Yamin, or even Phil Stacey. Just mellow vanilla ice cream without a lot of sprinkles. Very good, but not great.

Carly - I've never liked the music from "Jesus Christ Superstar", it's always seemed irreverant/sacriligious to me. On to the performance: First upbeat song of the night, she's very very good, great most nights. Some of these notes were too high, sounded like. She's a step above both other girls in this contest, always has been.

David C - I do like Phantom of the Opera music, it's only 30 years old, so who's counting? On to the performance: David C re-invents himself every week, always taking chances. This week was good, I could hear angel(s) crying earlier tonight. tongue Strong, great voice - as Randy said: "If you can really sing, you can sing anything". I agree more with Simon tho, this is not the side most people like, he could get lost in the David A and Jason vote.

Top 3 performances: Syesha, Carly, and David C

Bottom 3: Brooke, David A and Jason (you can only split the teeny vote so far)

Going home: Brooke.

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: AI Watch [Re: Allen] #59858 04/23/08 06:53 AM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
allen, with your cultured self, opera, ballet, symphony ... you DONT dig ALW ? i just cant believe it. you should never ever go to london. i am ashamed. ALW is awesome. what talent! and he has written like a ton ... evita .. les mis .... CATS ... ugh ... anyway ....(just pickin' on you ... you know that huh ?)

bye bye brooke

Last edited by anangelsarms; 04/23/08 06:54 AM.

Re: AI Watch [Re: anangelsarms] #59863 04/23/08 01:43 PM
Allen Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
Yes, I like a lot of his music, but it's still 30+ years old. Why don't we just line them all up and have them sing "time in a bottle"?

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: AI Watch [Re: Allen] #59866 04/23/08 02:57 PM
Joel33 Offline
Disciple
Disciple
He absolutely did not write Les Miz. The Score for Les Miz was written by CLAUDE-MICHEL SCHÖNBERG. A phenomenally more gifted musician than ALW.

ALW is Broadway light and a poor man's Steven Sondheim in terms of his ability.

Are you aware that the tune of "Music of the Night" is lifted almost directly from Giacomo Puccini's opera "La Fanciulla del West". Webber was actually sued by Puccini's estate over this plagiarism and settled out of court quickly to keep it from ruining his reputation.

Let's put it this way. . . in musical circles ALW is to Broadway as Britney Spears is to Pop Music. He's popular, but hardly a musical genius.

I love Broadway music, but find "Broadway Night" on AI in any of it's recent incarnations to be completely pointless. The point of the show is not to look for a Broadway singer, it's to look for a pop star. That's why Archuleta's performance was the best one because he made it contemporary and not Broadway.

Who decides on the order of performers, I thought Syesha should have been last, can't they re order the show during rehearsal so that we can save the best for last. DAvid C.'s take on Puccini, errrr... I mean ALW's "Music of the Night" was bizarro-ville at best following his truly awesome performances of late. I thought it was a case of someone choosing a song that they love rather than the song that best fits their voice.

Brooke - As a classically trained musician (in a former life) there is nothing wrong with stopping and starting over. Paula was simply wrong. But Simon was right in saying that once she started over she was thinking too much and that negatively impacted her performance. So go ahead and start over, but don't let it get to you.

Syesha - great performance
Jason - Wha???
Brooke - Too Bad.
Archuleta - Actually seemed like a Normal AI night
Carly - Great Singing, but I find the entire musical to be highly blasphemous, not simply irreverent.
David C. - Oooh Yuck.

Last edited by Joel33; 04/23/08 03:38 PM.

I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other— This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him! -- Joseph Smith History 1:17
Re: AI Watch [Re: Joel33] #59868 04/23/08 06:54 PM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Joel, was that your former life or Brooke's? tongue

Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #59876 04/23/08 08:07 PM
Joel33 Offline
Disciple
Disciple
mine

I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other— This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him! -- Joseph Smith History 1:17
Re: AI Watch [Re: Joel33] #59886 04/24/08 12:18 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
42 minutes to Wapner... I mean A.I. laugh

Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #59889 04/24/08 01:06 AM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
joel, you will argue with a tree stump wont you ? i stand "wikipedia'd" ... whatever.

Re: AI Watch [Re: anangelsarms] #59890 04/24/08 01:51 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Hey A3, our boy is safe! yay

Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #59893 04/24/08 01:56 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
OMG, I don't believe it... smash

Re: AI Watch [Re: embie] #59894 04/24/08 02:43 AM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I know it ! Of course he is ! (keep on voting girl, maybe we'll get us a free poster one day .. haha)

i was surprised. why in the daylights is brooke still in and syesha ?? <- confused

Re: AI Watch [Re: anangelsarms] #59897 04/24/08 03:42 AM
Allen Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
Same reason Jason is in - talent has very little to do with this show once it gets to where the public votes. There's no reason David Hernandez, Michael Johns and now Carly Smithson should have went home before any of the remaining contestants, other than talent is a small small small portion of why people get votes. We're left with smiling high school doofuses who would make a decent choir singer but couldn't sell an album outside their own family and a few kids who borrow money from their parents.

Not sure why, but the show started out with much promise this year and is slowly winding down the drain. Except for David C and Syesha (when she's having a good night) we really don't have much left. The rest peaked (if at all) several weeks ago and we've all predicted their being kicked off at least one week out of the last 4-5. They're good singers but they won't sell albums. Can you seriously say you would buy a cd of nothing but Jason and listen to it all the way through more than once? David Archuletta? Brooke? If David C goes home in the next week or so AI is gonna have a bomb on it's hands with whoever wins and tries to produce a cd.

Oh, and Joel, I did use the word "sacrilegious" in there too. I've only heard bits and pieces of the musical over the years and have no idea if it was blasphemous or not. I know someone used some of the music fairly recently in a genuinely Christian manner (don't remember who did that either smash )

Good info on ALW, didn't they use him last year or a couple years ago? Syesha probably has a career on Broadway if she chooses.

- Allen [Linked Image]
Page 12 of 24 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 23 24

Moderated by  embie, foreverchanged 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 279 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20