Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Starting down a new road #57112 08/28/07 12:38 AM
anangelsarms Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
Hey yall. say a prayer when you think about it, today my husband quit is job (well, gave his four week notice) in order to start his own business. he already has a business partner and it has begun! he reassures me that things are going to be GREAT! so i lean on faith and friends and family (my three fffff's) and see where it is going. check it out, if you are curious. Lots of prayers. thanks guys. ..... www.h-i-t-inc.com

-hanging in there- Jenna Clark
Re: Starting down a new road [Re: anangelsarms] #57114 08/28/07 01:38 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Hey Angel, AWESOME! I used to work for a company in FL that did this same thing. Very interesting work. You never know who might need his services. Allen and Ms Haze have spent lots of time in the Healthcare field. Maybe they could "talk it up" for ya. wink

Anyway, I will pray! laugh

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: Starting down a new road [Re: embie] #57117 08/28/07 08:09 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
You got prayer!

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: Starting down a new road [Re: Steve] #57119 08/28/07 12:27 PM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
From me as well. I'm in the middle of a startup myself - a lot done, still have a long way to go smile

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: Starting down a new road [Re: Allen] #57136 08/31/07 03:32 AM
Amy Lou Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Praying for you! anangelsarms and Allen!! You can do it!!

Re: Starting down a new road [Re: Amy Lou] #57139 08/31/07 03:51 AM
anangelsarms Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
It's is pretty scary, but the calm resolve of "everything is going to be alright" coming from John is helping. He went today to talk to an arcitect about a project and although the "dotted line" wont be signed till tues or so, it will work out and he is excited. John has a wonderful amount of faith and positive attitude toward life and these kind of changes. I am a prude who likes my same thing every day. Who knew. Thanks for the prayers and Allen, we will pray for you too. Keep us posted.

One more tad, I have been pretty depressed (they slap that term on everyone these days dont they?)lately. Ill spare the long sorry for myself story, because i dont really have any reason to be depressed (at least i dont think i do) .... but just remember me.

Re: Starting down a new road [Re: anangelsarms] #57140 08/31/07 04:42 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Will do, congrats on the first project smile

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: Starting down a new road [Re: Allen] #57147 09/01/07 02:45 AM
anangelsarms Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
you guys are not going to believe this ... well, with the power of prayer being familiar, you might ... john got called in to "the office" at work and they ... get ready .. offered him ... a pay increase, make-up bonus from last year, this years' bonus, partial owner in the company and a v.p. position! after he called and told me about this, my reaction was ... No ... you start your company and treat people the way you want to be treated and you help the company you are with finish thier projects, but you move on and start what most people arent able to do well, create a loving, honest place to work and we will reap the benfits from it whatever it might bring! well, then i laid back and i think ill let john make this decision after thought and prayer this weekend. he always does, and i feel that no matter what ... it was meant to be! Although it is all still up in the air, it looks amazing. And I truly feel that if you do what you know is God-like, you will be blessed, however He sees fit.

Thank you for the prayer and support, as it such a taxing road, which is just being laid out.

God is GOOOD!

Re: Starting down a new road [Re: anangelsarms] #57151 09/01/07 02:11 PM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
WOW.. Big decisions. I know how hard it is for wives to keep still, but my advice is to offer your thoughts only when he asks you but let the final decision be his. He has to be accountable for your family and you don't want him to have any reason for blaming you if things don't work out as he had planned. I'll be praying for God's clear direction where this is concerned. smile

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: Starting down a new road [Re: embie] #59665 04/13/08 03:18 AM
anangelsarms Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
Okay, here's an update on this "road" ... well, first of all, john was able to get signed on with a company that is well estab. and they bought 20% of h.i.t. and vie versa. well, there have been tons of possobilities, but NO closed deals and it's been 9 months. this has taken a real toll on me and our marriage. i have to deal with standar control issues amoung my issues, and then added on the only money we have coming in is from the original sign on agreement. we are at the end and i am on my last thread.

ill skip the details, but ask for this prayer.. in order of imp.

1)for our marriage, we love each other but this past year has brought about many grudges and things not communicated and anger stuffed etc. help us learn to communicate and be gentle and loving
2)for john a standard paycheck weilding job .. i need the stability for this family and even if it isnt like what he was making b4, may it be secure and plan-able, for my sanity
3)for the rest of it to all work out (house etc0 as God plans it to

Re: Starting down a new road [Re: anangelsarms] #59666 04/13/08 01:13 PM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Hey A3, I'll sure be praying. God knows your need before you even need it and I'm sure He's working for your good right now.

Matt 6:33 (NIV)
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

In other words... If you put God first in your lives He will give you the desires of your heart... \0/

smile

Re: Starting down a new road [Re: embie] #59672 04/13/08 02:22 PM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Will do angel, we went through something similar this past year (and really are still in it for another 6 months or more). We have had to remember that the other is not the enemy and make do with what we can.

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: Starting down a new road [Re: Allen] #59674 04/13/08 02:48 PM
anangelsarms Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
i am trying so hard. john feels so defeated and i feel so betrayed,but the way i look at it, i cant afford the luxury of self pity or feeling bad for myself anymore. i just wished john would have gotten to "the end" a little more prepared for what came next. i pray so hard for his strength, and that he holds on to that fire of ambition and impessive positive thinking, so that he doesnt wilt and freeze and we go under. now, that was nice jenn, the other side of me says he better get a job like within the next week or so or i am going to have to go whack-job on him and chase him around the house with a rolling pin.

Re: Starting down a new road [Re: anangelsarms] #59685 04/14/08 12:07 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Praying sista!!!

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: Starting down a new road [Re: Steve] #59730 04/16/08 04:21 AM
anangelsarms Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
okay ... news ... john accepted a job with a friend paying about half of what he was making, but it is literally blocks away from the house (and with our one car, that is great) and it is sales, so the potential is unlimited. so it could be a blessing in disguise. we are just greatful he got something this quickly. and also john was able to ask his parents for funds and they didnt say no this time, but yes, so we can have a little buffer. we were planning on coming to bmt to get our marriage blessed (much needed grace) but will have to postepone another week. please please keep us in your prayers. my blood pressure is very very high and it never has been and john is doing the best he can. pray this works out and that i "hang in there" literally. love yall.

Re: Starting down a new road [Re: anangelsarms] #59743 04/17/08 04:05 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Good news Jen, will keep you guys in our prayers smile

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: Starting down a new road [Re: Allen] #59763 04/17/08 09:05 PM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Praying of course. Call anytime. smile

Re: Starting down a new road [Re: embie] #59770 04/18/08 05:49 AM
anangelsarms Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
okay, a little off the focus, but this still belongs in the same box. things are not going well btwn john and i. we have been fighting since last thruse and at one point my sister had to take the kids so we could talk. we broke ground on a couple things, but i have too much burried and resnetments to go thru them all in a day.

starting tuesday, i had to do in on my bday for a uti. well, it wasnt a uti, it was blood in the urine and so they stick me on meds. at that time my blood pressure is high. like 140/95. i go home. start with the meds. then wed i end up watching kids till midnite for a friend and have chest pains and palpatations. i feel werid and know it's blood pressure. i just went to bed. come thurseday, the day was busy and i had my sister's baby and my unruly kids and asked john to get home early .. he said around 3. he didnt even attempt to leave till after 5. then came in and said we had to meet his mother 45 mins away for a snack and money we HAD to borrow from her. great. i threw up twice when i got there and then started slurred speech, dizziness, sweats, chills .. all kinds of crazy stuff so we stopped at a cvs on the way home and my blood pressure was 168/111. i went home crying and finally fell asleep around 1. went to doc today. they freaked out about my blood pressure and are chekcing for a mini stroke. did ekg, chest xray, tests and then a 45 min brain mri with contrast. i still dont have anything to take for my blood pressure .. .next step is going to a neurologist to rule out some stuff. my HUSBAND has been captain jerk thru it all.he helped with the kids but argued with me about takin sedation before i went into the mri. he never once said "it will be ok or i love you, and i am here" ... he was aggrivated about being at home with the kidsa helping me out at doctors and was irriated that i have to go to the doctor at all. i dont know my husband at all. and tonight, as we lay in bed exhausted, cody climbs in bed (not supp. to, we are getting him out of the bed into his own) and so i say "wait" john lets him in, he starts itching with his eczema, i tell john to get his itchy oral meds, john says no, it's okay. so we sit there for 15 mins while the kids is itching uncontrolably. i finally get mad and say "why cant you just get it, you let him in the bed" john calls me (for the second time this week ... EVIL and HATEFUL( he didnt say crappy mother, that was last week) so i get the meds and cody is fine. i call john lazy but only after cody is out of the room. and then i proceed to tell john that there are two things i would walk out on him for .... 1)physically hurting any of us or 2)fighting and name calling in front of the kids ....

guys,my husband is a smart man and knows what he is doing. we are all under tons of pressure but he is walking our relationship into the valley of "no return" and the sad thing is, i think he knows he's doing it. i just had a face to face talk without anger with him about his name calling and fighting (time 2 since last week) and reminded him i would take the car with the kids to s.e. texas if it became a prob.

honestly, i think he WANTS it to become a repeat offense so he can run me off.

my blood pressure is dangerous, i might have had a stroke. i have to see a neurologist tomorrow. i registered my baby girl for kind. she just had her stiches out and they didnt heal up well. my son's eczema makes him feel like his skin is gravel. he doesnt sleep at night. i clean this 3500 sw ft house to near perfection. i cook dinner, i teach my kids at home ....

and i am evil and hateful and a bad mother .... i dont know if anything can fix this ...... I KNOW God can. so someone please call on Him ... I am going under.

Re: Starting down a new road [Re: anangelsarms] #59783 04/19/08 04:32 AM
anangelsarms Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
i am now on bp meds

Re: Starting down a new road [Re: anangelsarms] #59790 04/19/08 12:08 PM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
marriage counseling and mediation.
You all must come to understanding of the underlying resentments in order to repair and mend them. when a man uses a child to get at the wife (wont get medication for son who itches uncontrollably) then he has some major issues that must be dealt with. when the wife is ready to walk out - and physical abuse is not the reasoning, then she too has some major issues to work through. It is always two sided to some degree. the man may be the reason behind the wifes motivation but the wife must realize her man - somewhere- has needs that arent getting met. Just as you, are not having needs met.

quote from above : he never once said "it will be ok or i love you, and i am here".
end quote

I point out that women NEED LOVE and need t expressed.

Men on the other hand want respect and need it shown.

WHen one doesnt get respect he refuses to love - and when one doesnt get love she refuses to respect and round and round we go.
no one wins.
you guys need help. in your relationship, there are things you dont even know you dont know...
I say all this because my wife and I have been there, only one signature away from divorce at our 7 yr mark. We are on year 21 and everything has been restored and made even better since about year 9...it took to work through our difficulties, but it can be mended and restored WITH GOD IN THE MIDDLE OF IT.

Be encouraged, find strength, place your hope in God, realize you cant fix it on your own and get some help...praying here in Tn for you.

Psalm 91
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  foreverchanged, Steve 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 279 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20