Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kyle Smith -New York Post #59263 03/12/08 01:40 PM
embie Offline OP
Queen
Disciple
OP Offline
Queen
Disciple
I was looking for reviews of a new movie "Snow Angels" and I found this. It makes me so angry when people that have the ability to reach millions make such statements. I want to mail him but all I can think of at the moment is to say "You're so stupid".

Not a very brilliant retort... smash

Despite some foreshadowing in the opening scene, the film's change of key in the second half feels like a betrayal. Layered characters become billboards for trite ideas. When somebody starts talking about Jesus Christ as his savior, you know you're in for a dire time of it.

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: Kyle Smith -New York Post [Re: embie] #59270 03/12/08 11:22 PM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
"eejit" is the term you were looking for, what did Kyle think the movie was about? I don't go to an Eddie Murphy concert for religious conversion or to Toy'R'Us for a new Buick.

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: Kyle Smith -New York Post [Re: Allen] #59277 03/13/08 09:47 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
He is buying into that whole "you can't talk about Jesus" agenda that the muslims and the far left have going.

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: Kyle Smith -New York Post [Re: Steve] #59294 03/14/08 11:01 AM
embie Offline OP
Queen
Disciple
OP Offline
Queen
Disciple
I sent a letter to the editor asking for an apology. laugh I probably won't get one, but at least I made my distaste known.

hoppy

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: Kyle Smith -New York Post [Re: embie] #59380 03/22/08 05:19 AM
SenorElMouse Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I understand why he said it, but honestly, it has absolutely no bearing. If every movie were to have the same, sappy, Jesus-loves-me ending, yea then I can really see where the guy is coming from. However, and do realize I'm saying this without seeing the movie as he could always be right in some way, there are rarely any movies these days with a Christian, not just Jesus, ending.

Moderated by  embie, foreverchanged 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 120 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
bassjam04
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
Newest Members
LucasFinn, nsavage, Sparkles, preci, WhitDawg
1330 Registered Users