Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Re: Christian Jam bands? [Re: Icculus] #58324 01/22/08 02:54 AM
M
manny Offline
Pharisee
Pharisee
M
Hi, I feel ya Brother! I am a Jam Head and have been to many shows and played in Jam bands. My problem is that I like to indulge when I get around it. I am working on this and getting better at it. The reason a "Christian" Jamband would be awesome is to bring people to Christ that do not know him. I have talked about God with people at shows and was surprised when many felt the same way I did! I would like to jam with some Christians in ATL if anyone is up for it. You don't have to label the band as Christian, and maybe that will even bring more folks to Christ!

Your Brother in the Holy Spirit,

Manny

Re: Christian Jam bands? [Re: manny] #58333 01/22/08 06:50 PM
M
michellekay Offline
Pharisee
Pharisee
M
i also did a google search for christian jambands and found this site. it took me forever to read all the posts but i wrote down a lot of bands to check out. i like the blind boys of alabama--i think i would classify them as a christian jamband. i saw them at bonnaroo and they were awesome! feel free to email me at michellekay80@comcast.net with any comments/suggestions.

Re: Christian Jam bands? [Re: michellekay] #58350 01/23/08 04:18 AM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
our church will be at Bonaroo this year evangelising. Pray for us.
It is about 25 minutes from where i live. Every year someone dies from drugs or dehydration or both. We are going to hand out water and such and spread the gospel.

Psalm 91
Re: Christian Jam bands? [Re: NABSTER] #58353 01/23/08 04:27 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Sweet, never heard of Bonaroo, some beautilful country up there to get together in tho smile

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: Christian Jam bands? [Re: Allen] #58359 01/23/08 12:27 PM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
it is a modern wood stock gathering - literally thousands and thousands at the event over 3 days. lots of bands and always headlined by 2-3 major acts. rumored to have Led Zep reunion this year. Last year was The Police reunion. Dave matthews has been there. Lots of rock and alternative Indie style jam bands.musically it is excellent. culturally it is a cesspool of drugs and partying.
hallucingoenics and x.
they are nonetheless children of God and need salvation and prayer like the rest of us do/did.

Psalm 91
Re: Christian Jam bands? [Re: Icculus] #59707 04/15/08 01:48 PM
A
AaronBassplyr Offline
Pharisee
Pharisee
A
I agree with Icculus I listen to umphreys mcgee (another secular jamband) and i have no problem with them and my faith, many of their songs show the influence of gods will.

Believe the lie lyrics -
"If you believe in every lie
You're never free to walk away
You should be free to go hell."

Divisions

"Moments of division, lord but I can't see
contemplate my motion, who am I to be.

then it fades, far gone
it's my sin
soul embrace
soul the same
soul embraced
soul the same"

I also love phish...

Silent in the morning
"My glance is always darting, when I stroll the avenue
Avoiding all the obstacles that terrorize my view
If you are here with me, I trust you to lead the way
When youre not I follow you, and always go astray

Silent in the morning
Suspended in the trees
Lunch time comes youve found your voice
It brings me to my knees
The volume just increases
The resounding echoes grow
Till once again I bask in morning stillness, I love so

The target that I shoot for seems to move with every breath
I tighten all my arteries and make one last request
Divine creation hears me, and he squashes me with fear
I think that this exact thing happened to me, just last year"

You see God can be found even in the most unexpected places... it turned me away from the drug life... however it is things like these that did it for me... however i agree the atmosphere is only for the strong Christian who has huge self control to actually go to the shows.

Re: Christian Jam bands? [Re: thaartoflife] #63082 07/15/11 12:41 PM
W
Widespread Offline
Pharisee
Pharisee
W
I have been searching for a long time to an answer for this question. I have been and still am a big fan of Widespread Panic, Phish, Railroad Earth, and many others. I have accepted the lord into my life and I feel like I need to be in the word and glorifying God as much as possible. I really like the live stuff from Waterdeep. I recommend the live Waterdeep CD that you can find anywhere online. The Selah Project has a pretty good live CD out as well. The only problem with both of these bands is that they don’t play together anymore so you can’t see them live. I have honestly found that there are no good Christian jam bands that are currently touring. I hope there is some young talent reading these discussions because there is some opportunity in this area. I still listen to all the old jam bands that I have always listened to and I still go to their shows. We all know that there are plenty of people at these shows who could use a little God in their life so maybe the lack of Christian jam bands is Gods way of telling me to do some outreach in these areas.

I did find one band really worth checking out. They still play and have some great studio stuff out there. They are kind of a rockin blues band. I don’t think they are a jam band but they have a lot of long songs and they have a fresh and edgy sound. Just go to grooveshark. com and search "Thieves and Liars" These guys are a Christian Band so there is a great message that can be taken from their songs.

This discussion has really helped me personally. Please keep searching for great music with a great message. Let’s all pray that Gods will for Christian music would be done and maybe one day Christian music will have an epic jam band.

Re: Christian Jam bands? [Re: thaartoflife] #63092 08/26/11 04:59 AM
J
Jamfreak Offline
Pharisee
Pharisee
J
Wow. It's been a while since anyone has posted here, but this is really cool. I've spent the last hour plus reading every post. I have been a Christian for quite a while, and my biggest complaint as a Christian musician is the quality of Christian music that is released to this type of community. Everyone needs Jesus. If we as Christians are constantly putting out second rate material, it all just seems like the typical bible beater stuff. The Waterdeep suggestion is a pretty good and close one.

As far as a Jam band worship type of experience, the Morningstar ministries worship sessions are what every former festival goer should attend at least once. First of all, the power of God is incomprehensible, and most of which were pretty much, shall we in this thread say, our style of personalities. I enjoyed reading most of this thread. Thank you all for brotherly and sisterly guidance. It's nice to know there are many other believers much like myself.

Praise (and worship) be to God!

Re: Christian Jam bands? [Re: thaartoflife] #63093 08/26/11 07:44 PM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Welcome Jamfreak smile

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  embie, foreverchanged 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 279 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20