Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Moving #56247 05/01/07 01:41 AM
C
ClingingtoMyRockEternal Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
C
Well... we're finally getting past this church! My dad has put his resume out there and we're moving hopefully this summer. He's gotta a phone call from a church in Iowa and they want him to come up there and he's put his resume in at a lot of churches in Alabama. My mom also has a job offer in Virginia so we're just praying and waiting for God to show us what to do. My dad has said that this is what has got to happen. So... I definately think it is for the best and your prayers are VERY much appreciated in this situation!

Rachel

Without music life would be an empty nothingness...
... without God there would be no life.

"Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock Eternal" Isaiah 26:4
Re: Moving [Re: ClingingtoMyRockEternal] #56252 05/01/07 01:47 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Will do Rachel, sounds like a great opportunity smile

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: Moving [Re: Allen] #56339 05/10/07 01:43 AM
C
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
C
Well... my parents are going to Iowa the first weekend in June. My mom isn't very open to the idea of moving. God will really have to work and open her heart. Please keep us in your prayers.

"Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock Eternal" Isaiah 26:4
Re: Moving [Re: ClingingtoMyRockEternal] #56346 05/10/07 10:28 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Got Corn???

If it is God's will it will be just fine, if it's not He still is the creator of the universe and you can't put hitch in HIS plans!! smile

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: Moving [Re: Steve] #56360 05/10/07 10:07 PM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
hey moving is one of the hardest and best things that has happened (repeatedly) to our family. have faith. as i am sure you do. it will all work out! good news !

-hanging in there- Jenna Clark
Re: Moving [Re: anangelsarms] #56404 05/15/07 09:11 PM
C
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
C
Continue praying guys. I continuely worry about my parents. My mom moved out for a week last month... they seem to be down SOOO much better but I see my mom SOOO much differently now. I just want them to be okay and I know we HAVE to get out of this church for it to be different. My mom goes for another interview in Virginia the week before they're going to Iowa. I don't know what God is going to do. I do know that Iowa is only 5hrs away from one of the colleges I'm looking at (which is alot better than the 9 we're looking at from here) so if God takes us to Iowa I think He might be pushing me there... I don't know I'm still leaving my doors open but thinking about that, too. Thanks for your prayers!!!
Rachel

Re: Moving [Re: ClingingtoMyRockEternal] #56412 05/17/07 12:43 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Sometimes we can't even guess at what God is planning because it is all so overwhelming. In the end, He ties all those loose ends together and when He finally reveals His plan it's like... wow, why couldn't I see that coming? wink He's 100% in control Rachel. Just trust in that. \0/

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: Moving [Re: embie] #56427 05/17/07 08:10 PM
C
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
C
It's so stressful right now. I'm going to miss my friends so much and I wish I could tell them right now... This is where I'm going and this is when I'm going... My dad has chewed my head off for the past week for making my little brother late to school... he (my little brother) has gotten in a lot of trouble with this teacher and for once the TEACHER is wrong. So my dad has been dealing with him and totally ignoring the fact that I have a life and things I need to do. To beat all that my little brother is still a jerk to me. I guess that's all for now. I'll see you guys later.

Rachel

Re: Moving [Re: ClingingtoMyRockEternal] #56582 05/31/07 02:01 AM
C
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
C
My parents are leaving Friday to go check out the church and I'm having a really challenging summer and it's just the first week! My brother and I aren't getting a long. My mom is having him stay at my older brothers. Let's just say this weekend is going to suck. One of my friends are going to come stay with me.

Re: Moving [Re: ClingingtoMyRockEternal] #56583 05/31/07 02:34 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Sorry you're having such a rough go of it Rachel. Moving is one of the most stressful things in life. I have a "little" brother and I remember him being a pain in the buttski too. (...at times he still is...lol!) Your parents aren't forgetting about your life, but they do have a million things to consider and they are trying to make a better life for you in your new place. I'll be praying for you. Try to have some fun. smile

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: Moving [Re: embie] #56590 06/01/07 03:37 PM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Little brothers are brats, but then they grow out of it and become great friends - hang in there, it'll happen smile

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: Moving [Re: Allen] #56729 07/03/07 02:38 AM
C
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
C
So my dad interviewed with a church in Alabama and we're going back down there in a couple of weeks. I'm a little worried because I don't think both of my parents are called, but I think my mom is just going to go along with it. I know my mom wants to go to VA but my dad doesn't think it's possible. He won't even look at taking a secular job. This is such a hard situation and I'm afraid of how it's going to affect this ministry. Not to mention our family!

Moderated by  embie, foreverchanged 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 279 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20