Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Re: Christian Jam bands? #5263 06/05/04 02:26 AM
Amy Lou Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I have the Mercy Me cd, haven't heard of Lighthouse tho. I'll have to look for a cd of theirs!! jumpy

Re: Christian Jam bands? #5264 06/05/04 02:32 AM
U
UnconventionalKrisChen Offline
U
Allen, believe me when I say, my mouth can be far from pure and clean. I have to watch it all the time. Amy, you're just so sweet!

Re: Christian Jam bands? #5265 06/07/04 04:03 PM
J
Jusselin Offline
Disciple
Disciple
J
NE way back on topic.....Mercy me and Among thorns really rox....well the old among thorns...the new among thorns is pretty cool though

Make disciples of all nations...
http://disciplegear.us/
Re: Christian Jam bands? #5266 06/14/04 01:54 AM
R
rustjs1 Offline
R
try michael james moore - you have to buy the cd on the web, but listen to it and see if you like it - cool acoustic, old school stuff

Re: Christian Jam bands? #5267 06/14/04 04:26 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Welcome Rust smile Sounds like a good CD, I'll look it up smile

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: Christian Jam bands? #5268 06/14/04 02:31 PM
J
Jusselin Offline
Disciple
Disciple
J
welcome bro...

Make disciples of all nations...
http://disciplegear.us/
Re: Christian Jam bands? #5269 06/26/04 04:45 AM
T
theoneway Offline
T
So, yeah, back to the topic at hand...I LOVE waterdeep, and while they are as close as I have gotten to a "Christian jamband," they aren't really in the Dead/Phish vein. Seeds are okay, but they don't jam really - they pretty much attempt to duplicate the studio versions of their songs when they play live. Madison Greene are interesting - tribal, earthy, acoustic, with hand drums, didge, violin, etc., but I wouldn't really call them a jam band either.

You might get into Phil Keaggy - he's an incredible guitarist who jams a lot; in fact, some of the stuff he did with the 2nd Chapter of Acts sounds almost Grateful Dead-like at times (odd fact: he's missing the same part of the same finger that Jerry Garcia was; he began playing guitar in 1965 - the same year that the band that became The Grateful Dead formed [although he's younger than those guys]!).

Also check out Mike Roe/the 77s . Besides being a pioneer of Christian rock, he is an avowed Grateful Dead fan, and it shows, even in his work with Lost Dogs .

***segueway***
I am looking to put a Christian jamband together myself. I have been writing prolifically for 10 years and playing guitar twice as long. I am passionate about reaching people in the Dead/Phish scene with the love of Jesus. If you are interested in this ministry, send me a PM. I would appreciate your prayers also.

Re: Christian Jam bands? #5270 06/27/04 02:45 AM
R
rustjs1 Offline
R
Great stuff man - I checked out your links and that music is great

Re: Christian Jam bands? #5271 06/30/04 02:57 AM
T
theoneway Offline
T
Glad you dig it. I have certainly been blessed by these artists.

Re: Christian Jam bands? #5272 07/10/04 12:04 AM
L
loveblood Offline
L
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ehockey2000:
Here is a band I would classify as a true jam band. They just came out with their 1st cd and it has 6 songs on it each lasting from 9 to 12 minutes. The name of the band is The Selah Project and the new cd is 10,000 times 10,000.

here is their website

http://www.selahministries.com/store.htm#
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey i work with selah ministries and the above mentioned band

if you would like to check them out you can visit
www.purevolume.com/theselahproject

Re: Christian Jam bands? #5273 07/10/04 03:27 PM
D
David Offline
Disciple
Disciple
D
Hey, cool site. Thanks for the links thumbsup

- David
- Consider the daffodil, and while you are doing that, I'll be over here going through your stuff.
Re: Christian Jam bands? #5274 07/10/04 03:32 PM
D
David Offline
Disciple
Disciple
D
oh, and I love phil keaggy, his album of spanish-style music is one of my favorites laugh

When you guys get a minute, please add your sites to the links directory:

http://www.praisecafe.org/ubbcgi/links.cgi

I remember the plan was to begin promoting it and the sites who link from/to it smile

- David
- Consider the daffodil, and while you are doing that, I'll be over here going through your stuff.
Re: Christian Jam bands? #5275 08/13/04 10:36 AM
F
faint image Offline
F
We recently got our new cd's back from the replicators. All new tracks with our new drummer.
If you're interested, email us at endure@wt.net.
We're a new-fusion gospel jamband, with electric violin, guitar, bass, & drums. A few weeks ago we played at Rocket Town in Nashville and at an outdoor outreach concert in Birmingham, and last weekend at Sam's Burger Joint in San Antonio. The response has been real encouraging.
Peace in Jesus,
the band

faint image
Re: Christian Jam bands? #5276 09/02/04 07:30 PM
Melissa Offline
I don't know if anyone mentioned this band yet but I like the band building 429 they kinda have that jam thing going in my opinion.

Melissa-Show me who your friends are and I'll show you who you are.
Re: Christian Jam bands? #5277 09/02/04 08:59 PM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
yesirree B429 is way cool. if you like edgy Indie rock, check out Dakona , they are a secular label band but it is obvious they are christian and they give God the praise.(kinda like chevelle.)
Nabster

Psalm 91
Re: Christian Jam bands? #5278 09/26/04 11:40 PM
F
Farmhouse41 Offline
F
Hey guys...I just recently discovered the wonders of God's love, but I used to be into the "jamband" community. I have since quit drugs and everything else associated with the scene...but still love phish's music. What is anyone's opinion about seeing live secular music in this genre? Is it wrong even though I don't partake in what I used to?

Re: Christian Jam bands? #5279 09/27/04 02:01 AM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
cant say wrong, but if causes you to stumble in your new christian walk , you gotta get away from it. you will find that music brings back familiar feelings and habits that go with it. so be careful. the things you did while listening to jam music is deep within you becasue of the heightened state of being on drugas while listening. over time you will find christian music that will replace your old music. once you tap into real praise and worship music the stuff of phish just wont matter anymore. this all coming from a guy who was into zeppelin, pink floyd,
allman bros, stevie ray vaughn, even metalica and some of the grunge stuff. all i wanna do now is praise the Lord with my music and my voice. cant explain you will just have to experience it yourself. there aint nothin like the high that comes from a personal holy spirit encounter soul to soul...
nabster (musician as well)

Psalm 91
Re: Christian Jam bands? #5280 09/27/04 03:07 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Just an AMEN to Nabsters advice, watch those stumbling blocks.

Welcome Farmhouse! wavey

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: Christian Jam bands? #5281 09/29/04 05:14 AM
Amy Lou Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Welcome Farmhouse!! wavey I listen to both but mainly I listen to christian music. I just have this need to surround myself with God as much as possible!

Re: Christian Jam bands? #5282 01/19/05 07:09 AM
N
njuneardave Offline
N
okay, im new to this forum... i was searching for a place to buy the Selah Project CD and one of the sites showed the band's name mentioned in this thread. after reading through it, i couldnt help myself...i have to post this:

these are some absolutely awesome jam bands. they are ranked in order of my favorites:

#1) The Ramp Worship Band. This band is out of Hamilton, Alabama. There is a youth/conference center there run by Karen Wheaton. Here, the prophetic often flows and God's presence is so free. Their worship band CD is by far my favorite CD. They are a jamband (each song will last approx. 8 mins +), but the lyrics and passion and annointing on them is so incredible. you can get the CD here: http://www.karenwheaton.com/cms/estore/default.aspx?productid=134&details=1

If you want to find out about the ramp, go here:
http://www.karenwheaton.com/cms/page.aspx?pageid=144

i encourage you to check out the services when they play them on TV (look at the bottom of the page on the second link to see airtimes).

anyway, this band is INCREDIBLE. it almost feels like it brings an open Heaven to me everytime i listen to it.

#2) The Selah Project CD entitled "10,000x10,000. again, the lyrics and passion in this CD is unreal. go to the site that was posted earlier. just one listen to "be praised" and "pressing on" and you wont be disappointed. their musical abilities alone are incredible, but the desire and brokeness that they sing from is even better.

#3) Jason Upton. I have all of his CD's...my favorite of his would be "Key of David". incredibly annointed. You should check out his main site: http://www.jasonupton.com/
there is a playlist that will cycle thru some of his songs...they are great. look up information on his album "remember" and read what he has to say about the song "Fly". after reading the story and listening to the song, your eyes will fill with tears.

#4) okay, this one isnt so much of a jam band, but the music is so good i had to put it in here: Hillsong Australia's youth band: "United Live". Their newest CD "More Than Life" has some spontaneous worship in it, and its prob the most catchy album you will have in your collection. Also, the Hillsong album "All of Me" is the new one that they just put out, and its a superb CD as well....id highly recommned both of them.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  embie, foreverchanged 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 279 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20