Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Road Rage #52208 01/14/05 10:33 PM
F
foreverchanged Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
F
Whew. I coulda died!!!

I'm at a four way intersection, right? I have the right of way. (I'm 1 and a half blocks from home). I see a car at the intersection across from me, but they got to their stop sign waaay after I got to mine, and they're stopped, so I pull out to make a left turn. Just after I pull out to make a left turn, they pull out to make a right turn!! They're coming right for me! I slam on the breaks and make a quick honk so they'll see me, cause obviously they are oblivious. The horn brings the guy back to reality, and he slams on the breaks and backs up to the stopsign.

I'm thinkin' okay, I'm gonna back up and let these guys go, but then I notice that it's a car full of young, african american ghetto thugs, and the one in the back seat has gotten out of the car and is screaming obsenities at me! eek So I decide, okay, I'm not gonna wait for them to bum rush my car and break out the windows. I pull out and head for Major Drive (busy road). They follow.

I'm definitely not going home, cause I don't want these punks to know where I live, so I pass my road and hit the busy road. I turn, they turn. I get to a red light, and I don't put on my blinker. I just swerve into the left lane at the last minute. They follow. I have my 7 year old in the car. I'm officially FREAKED OUT. I grab my cell and call 9-1-1. They're still following as I'm talking to the operator, and I hear a horn honking to my right, and I see my neighbor who has been following me the whole entire time as well. She motions for me to roll down my window, so I do.

I've got the phone to one ear and trying to drive and talk to the 9-1-1 operator and keep an eye on the jerks in my rear view, and my neighbor picks NOW to have a friendly chat??! We've been neighbors for 6 months now, and we've prolly said 2 words to each other. But I want to hear what she has to say...so I oblige her.

My neighbor is so sweet. She said, "I saw what happened back there. Do you know that those guys that almost ran into you are following you?"

"Yes, I am on the phone with 9-1-1," I say. So my neighbor decides to drop back and motions for me to pull in the lane in front of her, and she follows me for several blocks (by now the guys have realized that I'm not alone, nor am I an oblivious target. I'm onto them, and I'm on the phone. They're outta there. I tell the operator where the guys pulled into, and the operator tells me to pick a busy parking lot and pull into it and wait for a squad car.

I wait, and wait...my neighbor is so sweet. Did I mention how sweet my neighbor is? She is so sweet. She waited with me. Isn't she sweet? Finally, I get in touch with my husband and of course it's my fault because I didn't let the guys have the right of way in the first place (cause I'm psychic, right?)

So he tells me to go home. My neighbor follows me home. My neighbor is so sweet. I almost peed my pants. I want my mommy. The police are on the way here to take a statement. My neighbor...she took down the liscense plate number of the car that was following me. She is so sweet. The police are slow. I will never honk my horn again. I will always give up the right of way to african american ghetto thugs from this moment on. Even if there is a mile long line of ghetto thugs and I have to wait for an hour to pull out. I hate road rage.

-Michelle

The best laid plans are in my other pants. -- Newsboys
Re: Road Rage #52209 01/14/05 10:44 PM
S
spinster Offline
S
major [north]. yea, Know whatya mean. I live in an area near major. and tram is gangland[near chevron with a mcds in it]. another area is pindo circle or other side of chinn lane [not fire station side]. feel safer in southend. or htown! THEY SAY TO PULL INTO A PLACE LIKE FIRESTATION TOO[USUALLY A COP STAYS OR LEAVES a patrol car in lot. ]. the mall is only safe if inside. same as walmart. if too busy-few folks would notice . id even go to a nursing home to get away. more obvious. [if on tram]if it happens again. hope not. was it a dark blue car[wide car]or small redtaurus. one of these stole gas at this texaco off major last wk.

Re: Road Rage #52210 01/14/05 10:47 PM
S
sdibias Offline
S
WOW! I'm so glad that you're ok Michelle! I can't beleive that those punks harrased you, especially when you have your kid in the car! Shame on them!
I hope that you are feeling better, and that was really nice of your new neighbor, they are hard to come by!

You will be in my prayers today, you and your family.

He died for me, I live for him
Rom 5:8[/font]
Re: Road Rage #52211 01/14/05 10:52 PM
S
spinster Offline
S
scary. honking just aint safe anymore, neither is eye contact or flashing headlights [gang signal]at someone coming at you in dark on road, no lights. kids in car would just be another gang point for them. if theyll shoot at police, kids in car wont deter any. sad to say. maybe best revenge is to pray the hell out of them. not to be disrespectful.

Re: Road Rage #52212 01/14/05 10:53 PM
F
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
F
Thanks. Just got done talking to the officers and making a "statement". rolleyes Don't know if they'll ever find 'em, but at least I did my civic duty....or something. I'm calm.

-Michelle

Re: Road Rage #52213 01/14/05 10:55 PM
S
spinster Offline
S
oh good. it matters where they came from before this happened. they coula been coming from another crime. likely. rarely have a regular residence, usually live with the 'tives or ''stays '' there. who took the statement, may know them.

Re: Road Rage #52214 01/14/05 10:57 PM
F
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
F
Yeah, honking...i hate doing it. Only did it so that he wouldn't run into me. Then I'd have been stuck with four ghetto guys screaming at me and had a messed up car! But yeah, I couldn't remember where the nearest fire station was. I was thinking the whole time, need a fire station, need a fire station...and I'm on the phone with 9-1-1 and I see three different squad cars, none of which are there to give me any assistance!!! confused

But thank God, I'm okay and they don't know where I live...

Oh yea, it was a large maroon Buick, older model with a square frame.

-Michelle

Re: Road Rage #52215 01/14/05 10:59 PM
F
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
F
Ummm, I forget. I'm so bad with names...can't remember the name of the officer. sorry.

-Michelle

Re: Road Rage #52216 01/15/05 01:00 AM
S
spinster Offline
S
thanks, will keep an eye out for it. dont fret about names. as long as you are safe. thats my only concern. [; and your family's too id bet. some ''hoods'' have a game wherethey brake fast and let you hit them, and one of their other carloads is behind yours, boxing it in. couldnt place which end of major thatd be. sorry. wasnt trying to patronize you . safety is job one.

Re: Road Rage #52217 01/15/05 01:42 AM
Amy Lou Offline
Disciple
Disciple
What a horrible and scary position to be in, I'm glad your ok Michelle!! mad

Re: Road Rage #52218 01/15/05 06:35 PM
S
spinster Offline
S
Its scary out there. only one who's follwed me when out of town was either a cop[no tickets yea]or a boyfriend. to assure my safety. in town. i prefer to let em in ahead of me than behind me.when possible. prah says to run a light If you see a cop and are being follwed by anyone you dont know. not always a race thang. but i do understand. look at ted bundy. he would follow women around etc. its the behavior too. and some sad to say stereotypes as far as gangnbangers. they make the good folks [cosby types etc]look bad and be prejudged due to such crimes. then claim racial profiling if caught or pulled over. if ya dont act gulty, they wouldnt stop you so much fellas. thats what ya wanna say, but cant without being called a racist first.[equal opportunity one if so]. [;

Re: Road Rage #52219 01/16/05 03:10 AM
S
spinster Offline
S
ok, any fellas deal with any road rage. usually 5pm traffic triggers this stuff. as do long lights at dowlen near mall./target. need to put a gas station in that median , plenty of time to fill up at that light! i eat all my fries before it changes. then spill drink in my lap on that crazxy turn left[towards target from mall going to toysrus etc]. why is it a 2 lane turn, but merges into one right before you get to academy? ITS NOT SAFE THERE!

Re: Road Rage #52220 01/16/05 03:14 AM
S
spinster Offline
S
another bad left turn area is from folsom [from dowlen]to treadway. yourlight is green, but cars are coming at you. and you miss your left turn. ugh. same at 11th at calder[from st e's]. near dunkin donuts. yikes! THEY HAVE the smallest parking lots in town. every location. need more however! yum.

Re: Road Rage #52221 01/16/05 03:21 AM
S
spinster Offline
S
anyone know of another bad intersection. i emailed that lady in paper aboutthat, no reply. i was nice too. oh well. north major after hwy 105, is really scary[eitherside of light change]. car criss cross as you approach that lightfrom tolivar rd or that shell, and other way its from those apartments[lexington or pinedale[used to live there]. same problem . criss crossing . yikes! GANGLAND OFF PINDO CIRLCE AND alpine off hwy 105. DONT FLASH ANY HEADLIGHTS, its a gang signal. they usyally drive with lights off. hoping to collect on your car insurance, wallet and car itself . or they let you hit them and still collect. scary world!

Moderated by  embie, foreverchanged 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 237 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
kpdlr
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18