Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
"I can't... I have to clean my room." #47984 07/07/02 12:58 AM
A
Ashley Offline OP

Disciple
OP Offline

Disciple
A
Oh my gosh!

Josh just called me...

Josh: Ashley?
Me: Yeah.
Josh: Brandon, my sister, and me are all going out... I was wondering if you'd like to join us.
Me: Er. I can't. I have to clean my room.
Josh: Oh.
Me: I'm serious. I just got a new bedroom set and my mom wants my room clean.
Mom: <In the background> What?
Josh: Oh. It's okay. Bye.
Me: Um. Bye.

Oh my gosh! I have to clean my room! The boy finally gets the courage to ask me out, and I tell him I have to clean my room.

smash

Jesus--if you're up there, please, strike me down! Right now, if you could.

"Do you not understand?" -Jesus
Re: "I can't... I have to clean my room." #47985 07/07/02 02:21 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Awww, man! But hey...you were telling the truth.

Call him tomorrow and tell him the whole scenario. He will appreciate your honesty... smile

No, Jesus...please no striking down today...If'n Ya wanna come back today and take us all, that'll be just fine, but we would like Ashley to stay and play a little longer wink

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: "I can't... I have to clean my room." #47986 07/07/02 02:28 AM
L
Lex-Dex-Inc Offline

Disciple

Disciple
L
Unless of course he reads this post and knows she lied.
Just like the time Macia Brady had a date with Charlie, but then Doug Simpson asked her out for the same night. Marcia told Charlie "Something suddenly came up." but then Marcia got hit in the nose with a football ("OH MY NOSE !!!!!") and it swelled up and Doug wouldnt be seen with someone who looked like Barbra Striesand, so HE told her "something suddenly came up".So Marcia runs back to Charlie because now he doesn't seem half as bad. So what do we learn from this? Yep...that's correct....even with a swollen nose....Marcia Brady was still quite the hot babe.

"You always have to remember - no matter what you're told - that God loves all the flowers, even the wild ones that grow on the side of the highway." --Cyndi Lauper
Re: "I can't... I have to clean my room." #47987 07/07/02 02:37 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
I didn't read where she lied... confused

Where was that?

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: "I can't... I have to clean my room." #47988 07/07/02 03:25 AM
A
Ashley Offline OP

Disciple
OP Offline

Disciple
A
Well... I didn't lie really.

I did have plans to clean my room--only I wasn't going to do it until later tonight. But I felt so bad that I did clean my room so that it WOULD be the truth.

*Sigh* This is the guy that said he'd hold hands with me for forever if he wanted.

I'm so mean. frown

Re: "I can't... I have to clean my room." #47989 07/08/02 04:08 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
[Linked Image]

You keep them boys at bay girl!!! Room cleaning, hair washing, fingernail filing or pedicures or even givin' the cat medication, you go on girl!! (you don't need to date til your at least forty!!)

tongue tongue

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: "I can't... I have to clean my room." #47990 07/08/02 08:47 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Got to agree with Steve here laugh

Just call him the next day and tell him you were able to go after all but couldn't catch up to him. Before getting off the phone tell him next time is fine, that way he knows he isn't getting the cold shoulder, again tongue

oh yeah, go in groups... at least 50 or so wink

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: "I can't... I have to clean my room." #47991 07/09/02 02:58 AM
A
Ashley Offline OP

Disciple
OP Offline

Disciple
A
*Sigh* Man. I don't know what I should do. First, I want to explain why I don't like Josh. He's not very pretty, but not ugly--and I've never seen myself as shallow, so that's NOT why I don't like him, despite what everyone thinks. I don't like him because he's fake. He's not a real person--always trying to give everyone a reason to like him... trying to impress. Going to parties just to say that he was there when... telling lame jokes--some that are border-line psychotic, wanting to be liked, and having a low self esteem. I see myself as pretty confident in that "I don't care if you like me" kind of way. Or at least I try to be. I don't want to go out with him for four reasons:

1) I don't want that awkward silence that I know will be there... I don't want to have to sit and think of things to say.

2) I don't want to go out with someone who will probably say what he thinks he should say to impress me. I want someone real. Someone I can relate to.

3) I don't want a pity date--to me, that's worse than rejection.

4) I don't want to feel obligated to laugh at his unfunny jokes.

But then, as my friend Brittany put it--I didn't give him a chance. I haven't given him his FAIR shot to see if I'm attracted to him. But then again, I don't think a date should be something I use to find out if I'm attracted. That's a) dangerous, b) silly. I should already be attracted, right? I should be good friends with him. I don't need a different setting to tell me whether I like him or not... right? Am I right here?

We don't have anything in common--and he's not very interesting.

I mean--I like to laugh. And I like to make people laugh. So far it's been me making him laugh... him making me feel like I should laugh.

I like to read... He likes to play video games.

I like to play on the internet... He likes go to wild parties so he feels like he fits in.

He cares what everyone thinks. He cares if people think he's cool. His life long dream is to be popular, I'm sure.

He doesn't tell people things because he fears they'll think he's weird--or gross. You can tell he has secrets.

*sigh* He's nice... don't get me wrong--but why do I want to make myself feel uncomfortable just to prove that I don't like him. Yeah, it sucks that he asked me out when he knows darn well I'm not interested, but how can I take the blame for something he knew was going to happen? I've rejected 3 guys already, in front of him--and my reason was clear. "I don't want a relationship." And that's what he's looking for. And even if he's not, and just wants to go on a date--I still don't want to feel awkward. It's not my fault... but why then, do I still feel bad? I shouldn't feel bad. This isn't my fault. And in anycase, I wish everyone else would just stay out of it... I'm sick of everyone trying to play match-maker. You can do that if you like--just keep me out of it. Stop telling people to ask me out. I've said it once, I'll say it again. I'm a prude, I'm not ready for a relationship. STOP IT ! Why do people wish to butt in to people's lives like it's some sort of match-maker game. It's sick. *sigh*

</vent>

Re: "I can't... I have to clean my room." #47992 07/09/02 05:56 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Hey!

If you don't care for him then it is truly a non-issue! It seems you are getting tied up in something that isn't there. Sure is has got to be completely annoying when friends set you up, or try to. If you don't want to go out then poof, it's over. It sounds, from here, like you are very concerned about how he feels, not wanting to just up and "dis" him. I am glad that you feel that way because that means you have a grip on Christian maturity. But, you gotta tell yourself that the only one you have to please is God. Go ahead and cut him loose (in Christian love of course! laugh ) and have some peace! Sounds like a ton of peer pressure too. This is one instance that you have the power to shut it down!

I'm rootin' for you!

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: "I can't... I have to clean my room." #47993 07/09/02 07:03 AM
L
Lex-Dex-Inc Offline

Disciple

Disciple
L
on the other hand....you're not getting any younger...like some of us. Not that many shopping days till Christmas.

"You always have to remember - no matter what you're told - that God loves all the flowers, even the wild ones that grow on the side of the highway." --Cyndi Lauper
Re: "I can't... I have to clean my room." #47994 07/09/02 08:08 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
hehe lex smile

I agree with Steve then too. It sounds like there isn't anything there to fret over. Practice letting guys down easily, but firmly and most definitely. Don't let him think "there might be a chance at some point in the future", guys are eejits usually, and the future is the next weekend wink Just tell him, maybe with one friend present, but not a group of people...

you can do eet! smile

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: "I can't... I have to clean my room." #47995 07/09/02 05:52 PM
A
Ashley Offline OP

Disciple
OP Offline

Disciple
A
Well, he got a lot of people involved... I guess that's his way of doing it? Like I'd be such an awful person if I rejected him in front of everyone... even if it's just the two of us, everyone will know, and he'll be embarrassed still.

It's been on my mind a whole lot. I was thinking that if I went out on ONE date with him--and then be busy for the rest of my life. Then I could say I gave him a fair shot. Bleh. That was just a thought, I'm not actually going to do it.

I just don't want to hurt his feelings. I mean--I'm not used to getting asked out by guys. It's very hard. I don't like to hurt people's feelings. I read in this stupid little teeny bopper magazine that a teenaged boy's biggest fear is rejection. Yay for me.

I guess I'm just going to have to seem like an awful person. shocked

Thanks guys.

Re: "I can't... I have to clean my room." #47996 07/10/02 05:41 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Hmmm I don't beleive that for a moment, the magazine that is. Yes peer pressure is tremendous in the younger years, fitting in and social acceptance rate at the top of the scale for most, but I can't say from my own experience that rejection even entered the picture. Ridicule and assault but not rejection...... laugh

You won't seem near as awful as the enemy is trying to make you think you will. That is classic "devil" that is the way he has always operated. Just tell the guy hey sorry it's not you it's me. I am just not ready to date.

www.Real-Men.net
Re: "I can't... I have to clean my room." #47997 07/10/02 07:07 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
good answer steve smile

"Thank you, I am flattered, but not interested..."

smile and walk away.

- Allen [Linked Image]

Moderated by  embie, foreverchanged 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 263 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
E.L. Rivers
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20