Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dateline's Story #34347 05/25/06 12:22 AM
SenorElMouse Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
I just had to put this up there. right now on Dateline there is a story about child predators. There is a website didicated to cathing these sick and twisted people. As someone directly affected by like this, I implore you all just to see it, and protect your family.

If you can, please help out.

http://www.perverted-justice.com/index.php?pg=support

Thanks for your time.

Re: Dateline's Story #34348 05/25/06 12:42 PM
W
Waalyn Offline
W
I couldn't stay there. I read a bit and it really bothered me. I'm glad there is someone out there to do this sort of thing. I couldn't do it.

I used to think when I heard this kind of report in the news that the guy got trapped or something close to that...oh no...these guys deserve to put behind bars. Reading the dialogs is awful. Don't do it if you don't have a strong stomach.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Re: Dateline's Story #34349 05/26/06 02:06 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
They reserve special treatment for those child predators put behind bars...

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: Dateline's Story #34350 05/26/06 02:36 AM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
okay, that is scary as #he*&

-hanging in there- Jenna Clark
Re: Dateline's Story #34351 05/29/06 04:12 AM
C
ClingingtoMyRockEternal Offline
Disciple
Disciple
C
my youth minister works with sexual offenders and ever since he started he's gotten EXTREMELY protective over the youth in our church... especially the girls!

Without music life would be an empty nothingness...
... without God there would be no life.

"Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock Eternal" Isaiah 26:4
Re: Dateline's Story #34352 05/29/06 04:51 AM
Devil's Advocate Offline
Primate of the Vatican
Disciple
Primate of the Vatican
Disciple
Question for the believers:

Can these child predators...by simply asking, be forgiven by your God and enter heaven?

Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me...

The real test comes when all strength has fled, and men must produce victory on will alone...
Re: Dateline's Story #34353 05/29/06 06:02 AM
Echo Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Yes they can be forgiven and enter heaven if they are sincere in wanting to be forgiven.

1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

MEMBER OF THE WISCONSIN EVANGELICAL LUTHERAN SYNOD (WELS)
Re: Dateline's Story #34354 05/29/06 03:18 PM
C
Disciple
Disciple
C
my youth minister works with a lot of these people to better their lives... so just because they are that way doesn't mean they always have to be so I believe they can enter heaven if they choose to make that decision

"Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock Eternal" Isaiah 26:4
Re: Dateline's Story #34355 05/30/06 12:43 AM
Devil's Advocate Offline
Primate of the Vatican
Disciple
Primate of the Vatican
Disciple
Thanks Echo, echo...echo...and CTMRE.

Here is (another) quote I'd like to share...discuss:

Fortunately God in His mercy has provided a counterpoise to our species’ depravity. That gift, my young friend…is war. War, not peace, produces virtue. War, not peace, purges vice. War, and preparation for war, call forth all that is noble and honorable in a man. It unites him with his brothers and binds them in selfless love, eradicating in the crucible of necessity all which is base and ignoble. There in the holy mill of battle the meanest of men may seek and find that part of himself, concealed beneath the corrupt, which shines forth brilliant and virtuous, worthy of honor before God.

- Polynikes

Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me...

The real test comes when all strength has fled, and men must produce victory on will alone...
Re: Dateline's Story #34356 05/30/06 01:21 AM
C
Disciple
Disciple
C
where does love for our enemies come into play there?

Re: Dateline's Story #34357 05/30/06 02:31 AM
Echo Offline
Disciple
Disciple
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Echo, echo, echo </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">God in His mercy has provided a counterpoise to our species’ depravity. That gift, my young friend…is war. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">War is NOT a gift from God. On an individual basis, God wants us to love our enemies and do good to those who hate us.

Mathew 5:44 "But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,"

Luke 6:27 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you"

However, God has established Government as his agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer and at times, this includes war.

Romans 13:1-4 " Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There in the holy mill of battle the meanest of men may seek and find that part of himself, concealed beneath the corrupt, which shines forth brilliant and virtuous, worthy of honor before God.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Lets not forget that no man can become "WORTHY" before God by what he does, even "brilliant" and "virtuous" does not make a man worthy. A man only becomes "WORTHY" by believing Jesus was "WORTHY" in his place and in his behalf. So that all men who believe this will receive the free gift of eternal life. All men are sinners wether "brilliant" or "virtuous" and the wages of sin is death. Eternal death in Hell. But Eternal life is a free gift, and those who receive it with empty hands,like a beggar, have the assurance of eternal life right now.

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord"

Re: Dateline's Story #34358 05/31/06 09:18 AM
Devil's Advocate Offline
Primate of the Vatican
Disciple
Primate of the Vatican
Disciple
Maybe that is the difference between me (a non-believer) and you (a believer) Echo...the belief that a man is not worthy unless he believes in God...I know many men that I consider worthy...I consider myself worthy...even as a non-believer...Men are never more free than when they give freely their obedience to those harsh laws which take life and give it back again...you may claim your God decrees those laws...I submit it is the weakness of men that decrees those laws...and in that weakness one shall find worthiness...

Re: Dateline's Story #34359 05/31/06 03:55 PM
Echo Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Hi DA, I wasn't quite sure what you meant, could you clarify????

Without faith in God, what can men be worthy of?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Men are never more free than when they give freely their obedience to those harsh laws which take life and give it back again...you may claim your God decrees those laws...I submit it is the weakness of men that decrees those laws...and in that weakness one shall find worthiness...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you saying that God's laws (10 commandments) are really Man's laws? And "harsh", what did you mean by that?

Thanks in advance for clarifying DA

Re: Dateline's Story #34360 06/02/06 02:28 PM
Devil's Advocate Offline
Primate of the Vatican
Disciple
Primate of the Vatican
Disciple
Since I don't believe in God...I HAVE to believe I can be worthy...worthy of what? Worthy of my fellow man...believer or not. Worthy of my self. Worthy of my Country...my fellow team mates...worthy of those who I have sworn to protect...worthy of the respect I have from those that respect me, and worthy of gaining the respect of those that don't.

As for the commandments, they are good laws, but since I don't believe in God, I have to believe they are man's laws...and they are harsh...break them and you pay the price...I think as a believer you would think them especially harsh as they could prevent your entry to Heaven?

ClingingtoMyRockEternal - Regarding love for our enemies, I answer your question with another quote (by Lionedes) when asked by Dienekes if he hated the enemy:

“I am sorry for them,” he avowed, indicating the valiant foemen who stood so proximately across. “What wouldn’t they give, the noblest among them, to stand here with us now?”

Re: Dateline's Story #34361 06/02/06 09:11 PM
Echo Offline
Disciple
Disciple
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I HAVE to believe I can be worthy...worthy of what? Worthy of my fellow man...believer or not.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why is being worthy of your fellow man more important to you than being loved by your fellow man, just because they love you, and not because you are worthy or have earned their love? Wouldn't you want to be loved unconditionally and then have all you "do" be a gift of your love back to them?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have to believe they are man's laws...and they are harsh...break them and you pay the price...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I respect your answer but I have a question for you DA, if these are "Man's" laws, why can't anyone keep them perfectly? Why do you think Man would make up laws they knew they are unable to keep?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think as a believer you would think them especially harsh as they could prevent your entry to Heaven?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is Wrong...they don't prevent our entry to Heaven. Only "unbelief" prevents us from entering Heaven. Jesus has fullfilled the law in our place. It's done, It's finished. Do you know what that means for you?

Re: Dateline's Story #34362 06/03/06 03:29 PM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
A MAN WHO SEEKS HUMILITY AND SEEKS TO SERVE OTHERS (WHICH BY THE WAY IS TRUE LEADERSHIP) DOES NOT LOOK TO BE COUNTED WORTHY, BUT SEEKS TO MAKE OTHERS FEEL WORTHY. IN THE END OTHERS WILL CALL HIM WORTHY BECAUSE OF WHAT HE HAS DONE FOR OTHERS.
YOU CAN SEE WHY CHRIST IS CONSIDERED MOST WORTHY AMONG THOSE WHO ARE CHRISTIAN.

THIS IS NOT A QUOTE FROM ANCIENT PHILOSPHERS, IT IS SIMPLPE TRUTH , AND ANYONE CAN ARRIVE AT THIS TRUTH WITH A LITTLE THOUGHT.
EVEN NABSTER.

Psalm 91
Re: Dateline's Story #34363 06/03/06 08:47 PM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
True dat nabster - thanks for the reminder. Jesus sought to serve, not to be served.

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: Dateline's Story #34364 06/05/06 02:41 PM
Devil's Advocate Offline
Primate of the Vatican
Disciple
Primate of the Vatican
Disciple
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why is being worthy of your fellow man more important to you than being loved by your fellow man, just because they love you, and not because you are worthy or have earned their love? Wouldn't you want to be loved unconditionally and then have all you "do" be a gift of your love back to them?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe being worthy of my fellow man's love is important...more important than unconditional love...

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I respect your answer but I have a question for you DA, if these are "Man's" laws, why can't anyone keep them perfectly? Why do you think Man would make up laws they knew they are unable to keep?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Because man is imperfect...so is woman... smile

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is Wrong...they don't prevent our entry to Heaven. Only "unbelief" prevents us from entering Heaven. Jesus has fullfilled the law in our place. It's done, It's finished. Do you know what that means for you?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for setting me straight on the commandmants...I always thought that it did prevent one from going to heaven...but...as an unbeliever, even if I follow the commandments and God's laws...I won't go to heaven... frown Is that what it means for me?

Re: Dateline's Story #34365 06/05/06 09:11 PM
Echo Offline
Disciple
Disciple
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks for setting me straight on the commandmants...I always thought that it did prevent one from going to heaven...but...as an unbeliever, even if I follow the commandments and God's laws...I won't go to heaven... Is that what it means for me?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What I meant was that if you believe that Jesus fullfilled the law(commandments)in your place and suffered the punishment and even the death you deserve because you fail to keep them all (we all fail and deserve it). And he did this so that you could have the peace in your heart of knowing you have eternal life, he loves you so much that he has imputed to you, his perfect righteousness right now and it is this righteousness, his righteousness that you will stand in the judgement! So in the judgment, you will have nothing to fear! All you must do is believe it DA and you can now know you will be in heaven when you die! It's not hard at all.

Naturally once someone believes, they will want to begin obeying the commandments as a "thank you" to God for doing everything for us to ensure we have eternal life (heaven) already! For faith without works is dead. But our works have nothing to do with getting into heaven.
Does that make sense? I mean anyone who claims to believe in Jesus and who just continues on in the same sinful lifestyle, without taking a turn in the opposite direction, isn't truly thankful for all that God has done. And in a sense, they still reject God and they are free to do so.

Let me put it another way, We are saved and get to go to heaven based soley on what God has done for us in Jesus. It has nothing to do with what we do or do not do.
However, those who are saved (know they have eternal life)will do good works. Out of thanks and love for such an amazing God as this!
Make sense? Those who don't do this actually reject God.

All the good or obedience an unbeliever does therefore will not hold up in the judgement. God does not grade on a curve. We must be "PERFECT" in the judgement or we just don't get into heaven. Jesus has made us "PERFECT" forever! All other works by unbelievers will be considered "filthy rags"

1 John 5:13 "I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life."

Phillipians 3:8-9 "...I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God and is by faith.

Re: Dateline's Story #34366 06/05/06 11:25 PM
Echo Offline
Disciple
Disciple

Oh, I almost forgot!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Because man is imperfect...so is woman</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">eek what????, angel thanks for sharing and bursting my bubble! thumbsup

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  foreverchanged, NABSTER 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 263 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
E.L. Rivers
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20