Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: New Gay church #33054 08/13/05 01:02 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Hey KirbyMouse...my msn name is embie... laugh

add me cos I couldn't add you... confused

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: New Gay church #33055 08/13/05 02:00 AM
SenorElMouse Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Possibly because I have AIM. However, sometime in the near future I'm getting MSN Messenger so hang tight.

Re: New Gay church #33056 08/13/05 04:44 AM
nicole Offline
Ok, I am not bashig gays at all. Some of my closest friends are gays!! Well, lesbians. They are some of the most wonderful people I know. I do love them, I just don't agree with their lifestyle!! I would do anything for them and I know they would do the same for me!

And by the way, in history books our children read in school you can find proof of that city being destroyed!!

*NICOLE*
Re: New Gay church #33057 08/15/05 07:03 AM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
okay, i am going to throw something in here that i have only talked to unconventional kris about before. i AGREE with mouse in that i would like to "argue" certain points based on human nature, opinion and not use the bible as a basis or reference guide. i too believe that the bible is a beautiful holy book that helps GUIDE us in what we need to do to treat each other the way we need to etc. but i dont think it is the "how to" guide to all living inferences. .... i would like to hear the converstation between steve and mouse, so yall post it somewhere we can all read it, it would be of great interest to me. ...

good luck

-hanging in there- Jenna Clark
Re: New Gay church #33058 08/15/05 06:44 PM
D
David Offline
Disciple
Disciple
D
The Bible doesn't tell us how to make toast or even a pb&j sandwich, but in how we are to conduct ourselves and treat others I don't believe it misses anything.

Got a "fer instance" for us?

- David
- Consider the daffodil, and while you are doing that, I'll be over here going through your stuff.
Re: New Gay church #33059 08/15/05 08:02 PM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Thous shalt use Peanut Butter by the Jif company and spread it evenly upon whole grain bread, thinly sliced...whence finished thou shalt use homemade plum jelly spread liberally and eat in great joy.
nabster53:53 slap

Psalm 91
Re: New Gay church #33060 08/16/05 01:03 PM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
and I thought it was in the Beatitudes... "Blessed is the user of Jif... " tongue tongue tongue

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: New Gay church #33061 08/16/05 05:23 PM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
nope, it's the play by play instruction manual "gays are bad .. they shall not worship along side straights" ... what verse what that ?

Re: New Gay church #33062 08/16/05 06:37 PM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Actually it is:

Matthew 18:15"If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. 16But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.'[c] 17If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector. (ie do not associate with them)

and

1 Corinthians 5:9 I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral peopleó 10not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. 11But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother (*a church member/Christian*) but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.

You can also reference the passage about avoiding the "yeast" (sin) as just a little can work through the whole loaf of bread and ruin it. (recalling that the Hebrews were called to eat unleaven bread)

It is all about avoiding unrepentant sin!
We all blow it, we are to avoid surrendering to it!

smile

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: New Gay church #33063 08/16/05 06:37 PM
D
David Offline
Disciple
Disciple
D
That was my question - what "for instance" does the Bible *not* cover when it comes to how we should act or treat others?

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by anangelsarms:
i AGREE with mouse in that i would like to "argue" certain points based on human nature, opinion and not use the bible as a basis or reference guide. i too believe that the bible is a beautiful holy book that helps GUIDE us in what we need to do to treat each other the way we need to etc. but i dont think it is the "how to" guide to all living inferences. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Like I said, it doesn't tell us how to tune a car, piano or fish, but in how to act, treat others, etc. it covers all the bases - where does it not?

- David
- Consider the daffodil, and while you are doing that, I'll be over here going through your stuff.
Re: New Gay church #33064 08/16/05 11:03 PM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
i am not going to fight bible versus with any of you. ever. it isnt my way. my way is LIVING the faith i am in and teach. as far as steve puts it, and thanks for keeping the sarcasm out of it .... i know what the scripture says but WHO is to determine what is FAULT ? who are we to say "hey brother, you are wrong, this is why and because i am living a holy life, i am going to tell you how to fix yourself" and who are we to think we can take that high road ?

i DO agree with steve in the scripture that states that we should avoid the near occasion of sin, meaning dont align your life along side those that arent following the path you deem is the way to God. Know what i mean ?

David ... the bible isnt it .. otherwise there wouldnt be thousands of religions that read it differently. it is a great help, but it isnt the answer to it all. why would we need leaders ??? pastors ? preists? did they read something i didnt ???

Re: New Gay church #33065 08/17/05 03:23 AM
M
Morethanoneview Offline
M
Hello All! I know this is my first post but i thought I would jump right in on what appears to be a very hot topic.

Jesus himself tought us to welcome everyone into his house. If we are living his example we can only use him as an guide (on our path to him).

Let me give an example:

Remember the story of the prositute that was pulled into the center of the croud. She was condemned by the community for her acts. They were going to stone her. Jesus rasied a stone and said "let him among you who is without sin cast the first stone". Then Jesus welcommed her into himself and sent her on her way to sin no more.

There are two big points here that I would like to point out. We are not the judge and jury of other men. All we can do is welcome others to God and by our example (through jesus) help them on their path to him. Second, sin is a formation of our beliefs. Knowing right and wrong is not innate. Each of us has our own understanding of right and wrong. Some of which are similar based on society, some on our faith backgrounds, and others still on the relationships we form through conversations (etc.) such as these. Again, the best we can do is be a little more like Jesus and except everyone. We don't have to agree with all their actions (what others have expressed in the thread as sin) but we must love the person. This is the greates of all the bible's teachings.

"For the whole earth is the sepulchre of famous men, and their story lives on, woven into the stuff of other men's lives."
- Samuel Eliot Morison -
Re: New Gay church #33066 08/17/05 03:32 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Agreed One and welcome smile

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: New Gay church #33067 08/17/05 04:18 AM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
call a spade a spade, it doesnt make you judge of that spade. recognize sin and help others recognize it. water down the gospel and you will be held accountable at your judgement. always in love, do we show correction but never do we ignore outright blatant sin contrary to the teachings of Jesus.
nabster

Psalm 91
Re: New Gay church #33068 08/17/05 11:01 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
The only caveat that I will ad MTOV (and Welcome wavey ) is that the woman was set up. Note that the story does not mention the man who was also caught in adultery, you simply cannot catch one without catching the other ya know! Also the woman was REPENTANT, not defiant, that is why she was released. That is also the very same caveat that we must exercise when deciding who we should fellowship with.

I disagree that there is more than one way to skin a cat. There must be moral absolutes and scripture provides them if we will dig into it. We cannot use the presupposition that morality is a sum total of your own life experience because then we can use that same logic to justify patricide for example. Remember the Menendez brothers who suffered the abuse from their parents until the day that they plotted and killed their folks? Using the "Sum Total" theory then they are justified in their actions and their actions cannot be construed as sin. You see there has to be a set of bounds. We have to accept that there are and that they were set there by a higher power for our own good. If we do not then we have exactly what we have here in the USA today, Moral Ambiguity. Sin is very black and white, but it requires us to be totally accountable for our actions and for use to stop blaming everything all the way back to the way that we were potty trained as the reason for our sin. Our sin is our fault and it is because of a decision we made and we need to repent, period. There are no extenuating circumstances here on Earth. God will decide your fate, based on you accepting the blame for your actions and repenting, or not! Bottom line is that you live your life knowing that in any given moment that you are only one poor decision away from being neck deep in sin and yet you keep fighting the good fight! Being Christian is about knowing God, through His son and the struggle of flesh and spirit. Being worldly is about giving up the struggle and releasing yourself to excuses and whims and the desires of your heart.

A3, Just because there are many different faiths does in no way mean that there are different paths to heaven. God Most faiths do no believe in heaven and out of all faiths combined there is only ONE that tells of GRACE.

www.Real-Men.net
Re: New Gay church #33069 08/17/05 01:56 PM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
[Linked Image]

Moral relativism is killing our country and dumbing down what the Bible plainly calls wrong and/or sin.

Psalm 91
Re: New Gay church #33070 08/17/05 02:28 PM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
hypocracy is killing our country. i will sit out at while on this one .... i think we are talking apples while peeling oranges. i am gonna calm down a tad cause i am pretty hot and it isnt really about the issue, just the reasoning.

yall enjoy foruming

Re: New Gay church #33071 08/17/05 03:59 PM
Joel33 Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Everybody always forgets that Jesus didn't really let that woman off the hook for her sin. He simply saved her life and gave her a chance to repent.

"Go thy way and sin no more." is certainly different that "I've saved your life so feel free to commit adultery as much as you want."

In other words, Jesus didn't approve of her actions or the actions of the mob that wanted to stone her.

I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the otheró This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him! -- Joseph Smith History 1:17
Re: New Gay church #33072 08/17/05 04:54 PM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Just some thoughts.

I want to make sure that one point is clear.

Just because scripture says that we can't allow sin to just run ripshod through the church that does in no way mean that we cannot be Jesus' hands and feet. We should talk/communicate/minister/evangelize with people who are in sin. It just says that we can't make them close enough friends to hang out with.

Thot for the day:

You can't stick a white glove in the mud and expect the mud to turn all "glovey."

It is a principal you just can't get past!

God bless ya

www.Real-Men.net
Re: New Gay church #33073 08/17/05 07:06 PM
U
UnconventionalKrisChen Offline
U
But, what if the mud, and it's properties has more value and worth than the glove?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  foreverchanged, NABSTER 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 205 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
Allan
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
August
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17