Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Does God Lead? #31241 08/25/04 08:14 PM
Andy Offline OP
aka Trusting Him
Disciple
OP Offline
aka Trusting Him
Disciple
Many of you all have listened as I ranted, raved, vented and healed over the last many months. Both good and bad... laugh

Series of events of the last several weeks:

Watching TV late one night son stops at a local station broadcasting a local service. After many minutes of watching this he states simply, "Daddy, It sure would be neat to be a preacher's son. eek

Driving around looking for a smaller apartment or place to live the children and I are talking. The youngest daughter wants to know why I have to move. I explain that although I make enough money to support our family in one house I do not make enought to support us in two. I feel that I need to learn to live within the income that I have and therefore have to make changes in my life to adjust to my new level of income.

Her suggestion. Change jobs.

Well, I can change jobs but I do make pretty good money where I am. It's just the consenquence of our (Mom and I) actions that make it necessary for some changes in my life. Daddy, why don't you become a preacher like Uncle Daryl? eek

Since I do feel that changes are necessary and I do have some spare time I had been looking into continuing or finishing my education. Since I know that I want to change my major or direction in life that I had been going I called a friend that graduated from a local Bible College asking what kind of courses they offered. We talked a while and he too felt that God may be leading me somewhere, a walk in faith, possibly a STEP in faith and wanted to know what I was going to do about it.

Well, after talking with you I think I'll go by tomorrow and pick up an admission package.

help

Who are you? What do you want? Why are you here? Where are you Going?
Re: Does God Lead? #31242 08/26/04 01:47 AM
U
UnconventionalKrisChen Offline
U
Who better than me to say something maybe/probably off the wall. If He doesn't we're all in trouble.

From what I've been able to gleen of you here, I think you should go for it. As me in the monastery, I believe becoming a religious leader picks you not vice versa. Obviously I wasn't chosen. At least not in capacity of a monk. Doesn't mean in God's way I don't have a religious purpose. Go for it!

Re: Does God Lead? #31243 08/26/04 03:27 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Amen Thom!

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: Does God Lead? #31244 08/26/04 01:54 PM
J
Jusselin Offline
Disciple
Disciple
J
good stuff

Make disciples of all nations...
http://disciplegear.us/
Re: Does God Lead? #31245 08/27/04 02:23 AM
Amy Lou Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Wow, how exciting!!! Looks like doors are being opened there for you! TH I'll be praying!! smile

Re: Does God Lead? #31246 08/27/04 03:41 AM
Andy Offline OP
aka Trusting Him
Disciple
OP Offline
aka Trusting Him
Disciple
Just to follow up...

God is GREAT

Spoke with a lady yesterday who was affected from the fallout of my wife's and I divorce. frown Good news! She says her and her husband have a better marraige today than they have ever experienced in their 22 years of marriage. hoppy

Had the opportunity to speak with another lady who shared her past. (stemmed from me telling her about the above mentioned couple) Because of this a lots of holes in my mind were filled in. Long story short she was asking/stating/confirming that I stay where I am (single) cause God is working in my life and my wife's (former) life.

Money's tight for me. Was almost at the point of letting the finance company pick up my vehicle. I had only shared this with a few close people. Today my Mother called and wanted to know if I would be willing to trade vehicles with her. Net result of that would be I only have 11 months and car will be paid for and save 300.00 a month, maybe more because of insurance differences. (Nope, Mom was NOT one of the people I had shared with)

Same topic, trying to save money, my former wife actually looked and called and put forth a honest effort to help. *offers praise to God* She found a place with that had a 2 bedroom apartment and called and told me about it. *chuckles* Today she even took the children by there and they all liked it. This is a positive step in GOOD communication between us. Oh how I've prayed for that.

Another friend gave me a book last night, Dare To Desire - John Eldredge I've read it 2 times already, laugh it's GOOD! In a nutshell:

There is a desire within each of us. In the deep center of ourselves that we call our heart. We were born with it, it is never completely satisfied, and it never dies. . . Our true idenity, our reason for being, is to be found in this desire.- -Gerald May

We started our 5th DivorceCare class last night. Another group of people experiencing suffering in their lives. I have seen (experienced) the results of the recovery that this class can offer when led and movitated by the Holy Spirit. Keep us and this class in your prayers.

OK...I know that this whole post should be in Prayer Request, Yee Haa, and probably several other areas but I sure hated to bust up God's work so I stuck it all in here!

Who are you? What do you want? Why are you here? Where are you Going?
Re: Does God Lead? #31247 08/27/04 12:57 PM
U
UnconventionalKrisChen Offline
U
Right where it belongs. This is real life. Cool, and prayers going up.

Re: Does God Lead? #31248 08/27/04 02:46 PM
Amy Lou Offline
Disciple
Disciple
What Thom said!! thumbsup

Moderated by  foreverchanged, NABSTER 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 191 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
STEVO777
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
August
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17