Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Belief - O - Matic #31082 05/28/04 04:47 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I remember you had said something in the mormon thread that we all had jeweish blood running through us smile

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: Belief - O - Matic #31083 05/28/04 12:18 PM
Amy Lou Offline
Disciple
Disciple
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> You'd look cute in one of those black hats, or is it a white bonnet?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Teehee tongue

Re: Belief - O - Matic #31084 05/28/04 12:19 PM
Joel33 Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
Close - Israelitish - Jewish blood would mean we all descended from Judah - one of the only tribes of Israel that was not lost to history. I hope also I didn't say that with 100% certainty (although I may have) - I only meant to say that with 10 of the twelve tribes of Israel lost to history there is a high liklihood that any one of us may have Israelitish blood running in our veins.

That doesn't mean that the "Belief - O - Matic" should match you up as a Hasidic Jew living in New York tongue

I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other— This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him! -- Joseph Smith History 1:17
Re: Belief - O - Matic #31085 05/28/04 05:11 PM
Amy Lou Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I was suprised with Orthodox Quaker as being first and 100% in my list of beliefs until I just realized that the second was Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants at (98%)!!! Liberal??? I've never considered myself liberal!! I've always thought of myself as conservative christian protestant, actually I still do!! tongue

Re: Belief - O - Matic #31086 05/28/04 10:36 PM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I think we can all pretty much agree the test could use a lot more options in its answers... it really tries to pigeon-hole you into what it thinks the right answer might be.

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: Belief - O - Matic #31087 05/31/04 04:49 AM
Amy Lou Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I did find it interesting to read up on some of the other religions and learned a few things too!!! smile

Re: Belief - O - Matic #31088 09/01/04 12:17 AM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Holy Smokes I am a Quaker!
I am a conservative christian, and this kinda just goes to show (me anyway)how many other religions attempt to replicate many of the Christian beliefs , only they change them to fit their own wants and concepts.

1. Orthodox Quaker (100%)
2. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (97%)
3. Seventh Day Adventist (89%)
4. Eastern Orthodox (86%)
5. Roman Catholic (86%)
6. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (71%)
7. Islam (65%)
8. Orthodox Judaism (65%)
9. Liberal Quakers (53%)
10. Hinduism (52%)

Does this mean Liberal Quakers and HIndu's are nearly alike in belief? uhhhhhh... No.
I know this was an old post , but I am new and thought I'd take it for the heck of it.
nabster

Psalm 91
Re: Belief - O - Matic #31089 09/01/04 01:36 AM
U
UnconventionalKrisChen Offline
U
Had almost forgotten this one. A question. Since (IMHO) religion/denomination is largely a perception based belief in God, is it not possible since many religions/denominations can be the same except for others perception of those that aren't theirs? Is it really a matter of changing for individual wants and concepts? Does anybody understand my question? I'm sometimes not good enough with words to really say what I mean. I do understand that Christ/ian is the deciding factor in our belief. That accepting him as our Lord and Savior we believe is what will give us redemption and a shot at heaven. Does that really mean that others who live as well as we do and do all the same good and bad we do don't stand a chance? Or, is God the only one with the real answer to this? It seems to me, all we have to go on is what other men just like us have told us God said.

I of course accept for God having different names from Yaweh to Buddha.

Re: Belief - O - Matic #31090 09/02/04 10:28 PM
R
Ryan Offline
R
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by UnconventionalKrisChen:
I of course accept for God having different names from Yaweh to Buddha. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's a interesting belief to have UKC. Considering that the Buddhists don't consider Siddhartha Gautama (the first Buddha) a god. In fact Sid was out to end suffering, not to start a religion. He stated that because the first law of life is Good can only come from good and evil can only come from evil, it was pointless to pray for divine intervention, to read the Vedas (scriptures) and to follow a god.

Nice try though

You can try a couple other religious figures if yaw want but I doubt you will get a match. Jehovah and Allah seem like they could be the same dude though. So you get three religions there. After that the likelihood of religions to braise the same god kind of stops…

Unless of course you want to toss paganism into the mix in which case it is rather likely that we are all really following the first ever human king Nimrod. Who died and became the Sun god Baal (who you may remember from Mt. Carmel) If you want to figure Baal is in charge you can safely link just about every religion back to him. Look it up

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  foreverchanged, NABSTER 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 263 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
E.L. Rivers
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20