Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
"He Touched Me" #30470 11/07/03 07:28 AM
Sapharina Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
Just had this on my mind and wanted to share it with you all.

A few years back, I was guilty of making some bad decisions in my life. I have previously said somewhere on this site...that I have always wanted to please God. I mean that. Forgive me for re-hashing from a previous text...but I need to.

Since I was a young girl, I was taught that God needed a vessel to do His work through. So, I always sought to be a vessel for Him. I would do ANYTHING....to be used. This went on for years.

Then a very strange time in my life occurred. Not that I thought I was smarter than the Lord, but I chose to strike out and see what life was like "out there". Fell on my face, made lots of mistakes....then finally came to my senses and went back to church.

For six solid months...this was my most sincere prayer...
"God, I have broken this vessel. It is scarred and marred by my own hands. It is in pretty bad shape. But God, if there is SOMETHING still, that I can do for You...if there is ANYTHING that you can still use me for...I am willing. Use me."

Sounded pretty sincere...didn't it? I meant it. Word for Word.

Well, I am a "music" person. Always singing or playing, or listening to something....
One day, it was quiet. I was ironing. No music. No crying baby. No TV....nothing. I wasn't even praying. Just simply ironing. And it was like (I don't know how else to describe this....) God spoke to my spirit...with a very simple thought...
"When I touch something....I make it WHOLE!"

I sat my iron down and began to cry. For the first time in probably years....I didn't feel "broken" anymore. HE touched ME. I was still on the potters wheel...right where I belonged. I felt like He still had a job for me. I still do.

I was thinking of this moment while driving home from work tonight. Because I have to remove the veil and be honest with you all...I found myself feeling pretty broken again lately.
But, this was refreshing. Because if He was able to do it once...I have no doubt that He can do it again.

God is SO good. I get so worried that my simple words will seem like hollow words of praise to Him. I just love him.

I appreciate you all, too. I thank God for my new friends!

Saphy daisy

For God so loved the World...that He gave and gave and gave...
Re: "He Touched Me" #30471 11/07/03 07:42 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
WOW!

God sure is good.

Remember as a child of God it is ok to feel broken, just not defeated! Many of the psalms David wrote were written while he was fleeing for his life from Saul. He cried out to God for help a LOT. Just remember the battle has already been fought and won! We just have to put our own fears aside (and heaping piles of guilt from the enemy) and get back in the arms that won that battle.

(ps we kinda like you too, we just won't admit it in public!) tongue

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: "He Touched Me" #30472 11/07/03 08:03 AM
Sapharina Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
Gracias, amigo.

You are so right...funny you should mention David to me. I believe that it is Psalm 139 that talks about "searching me, and knowing me". That is one of my favs...

But, back to David. When I was 18, a bunch of my friends and I loaded up and went to visit a little home missions church in Lafayette, LA. It was an experience. The minister told me that I had a "spirit of David". I was happy for days and months to come with that one statement. But, I was 18. All I knew at that time, was that David was a man after God's own heart. GREAT!!!

Then life happened. I grew up. I learned that David got himself in worlds of troubles...murder, adultry...it was bad. Then I saw that everytime he seemingly screwed things up...he seemed to know exactly where to go. Which is what you are telling me to do.

Thank you, bro...I needed that!

(Don't make me get a pop up add that tells everyone that y'all really do like me!!!! ROFLOL)

daisy Saphy daisy

Re: "He Touched Me" #30473 11/07/03 05:53 PM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I've got a pop-up blocker installed tongue

Great story Saphy, danke for sharing it. We forget that even men after God's heart are still human and will mess it up...

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: "He Touched Me" #30474 11/07/03 08:15 PM
Sapharina Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
Ha ha...very funny about the pop-up blocker...lol
(was just pickin'... wink )

I think that when I get to heaven..and see God that He will have a bald spot on the side of His head confused ....where he has scratched it so often while looking at decisions that I have made in my life.

One thing about it....when I have been knocked down...I may get back up battered or bruised...but I GET BACK UP...dust off and go on to the next test. If I pass the test...I get back up stronger...if I didn't do so well with that one...well, I know that I will be facing it again. May be different peeps, diff circumstances...diff faces...but basically the same test. And He gives me the test till "I get it" and sometimes He does have to use repetition...lol But, eventually I pass, learn and move on.

Re: "He Touched Me" #30475 11/08/03 10:19 PM
Sapharina Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
Oh, how I wish He would touch me right now. I have to work tonight and my six year old personally saw to it that I didn't get any sleep today.

She is too young to really understand....so, I couldn't fuss at her.

Balance is very difficult for me.

Saphy sleep

Moderated by  foreverchanged, NABSTER 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 43 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
emily, morningstar
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
June
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18