Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Is God Real? #30017 02/20/03 03:45 AM
A
Ashley Offline OP

Disciple
OP Offline

Disciple
A
Surprise me, Steve. You have me interested. smile

"Do you not understand?" -Jesus
Re: Is God Real? #30018 02/20/03 04:21 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Cool!

While there is no one single piece of evidence that will let you say cool there is a polaroid of God's kneecap or something, there is a tremendous amount evidence of the things that the Bible claims God did. There will always (until the moment of the second coming) be a step of faith in order to believe.

I will just tease you a bit tonight and get started with a bunch more tomorrow.

Here is a gold chariot wheel that was found in the Gulf of Aquaba about 100 feet down and 1000 feet from shore.
[Linked Image]

This chariot wheel was found here

[Linked Image]

Here is part of the article on where they were found!
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We will begin with the chariot wheels that Ron and the boys found in the Gulf of Aqaba. In 1978, on their first dive at the site, they found these chariot remains. Like Noah's Ark, these were not in perfect condition and required careful examination to see exactly what they were. They were covered in coral, which made it difficult to see them clearly, but it appears that the coral was the agent the Lord used to preserve them.

They found numerous wheels- some were still on their axles, and some were off. They found chariot cabs without the wheels, also: EXO 14:24 ...in the morning watch the LORD looked unto the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians, 25 And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily:...

So far, this coincided with the Biblical account. They found several 6-spoked wheels, as well as an 8-spoked wheel. And finally, in 1988, Ron found the 4-spoked gold chariot wheel, which looks almost perfect. The reason this one was so well preserved is that coral does not grow on gold. The wood inside the gold "veneer" was deteriorated, which made it very fragile and for that reason, he has not attempted to retrieve it from the water.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: Is God Real? #30019 02/20/03 05:17 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Was this from the crossing of the red sea or a different event? My brain is tired tongue

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: Is God Real? #30020 02/20/03 05:23 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Yeth! smile The "Red Sea" was actually crossed in the gulf of Aqaba versus the sea itself. The gulf is about a mile wide and there is an "underwater bridge" about 1/2 mile wide at the crossing point. Also the Gulf is only about 600ft deep at the crossing site and about a 1000 feet every where else. Nowhere else could the million+ people cross on foot in the amount of time they had with wagons, wains, and cattle. Also interesting to note that the canyons leading to and away on either side of the crossing point have huge boulders that have been moved off to the sides and a clear path down the middle is visible.......

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: Is God Real? #30021 02/20/03 07:14 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Steve:
Nowhere else could the million+ people cross on foot in the amount of time they had </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">for real... it can take hours just for 70,000 people to leave Reliant Field, and they have 4 exits tongue

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: Is God Real? #30022 02/21/03 06:46 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
My apologies, I will not be able to get to this tonight.

Sorry and God bless ya!

www.Real-Men.net
Re: Is God Real? #30023 02/26/03 04:51 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Whew back at last!!! OK time for some dry math but for those who read all the way through I think you will be blessed!!!

Most evolutionists agree that mankind has been on this earth for over a million years in contrast to the Biblical account that dates mankind at just over six thousand years. That is a huge difference and proving it should be realtively easy using KNOWN facts and figures. The Bible gives us a clear outline of all the generations from Adam to Christ, over a four thousand year period. Lets consider the growth rate of our human population to determine who is accurate. The bible (read GOD) or the evolutionists, man.

According to Scripture only eight people (4 couples) survived the great flood. To prove the accuracy beyond a shadow of a doubt lets use only ONE couple surviving the flood 4300 years ago. Now for the rate growth lets use 2.5 (remembering that if each family produces 2 children there will be NO growth) and the .5 should more than accomodate war, disease, famine etc. It is a scientific fact that the average lifespan of a human was 43 yeasr throughout almost all history except the last 50-75 years. Given those then there would have been 100, 43-year generations between the end of the flood and now. (each two generating 2.5 then those 2.5 each replicating at the same rate) If you need it I can give the actual equations. Any way that brings us to now where the earth SHOULD have a population of about 5 billion. What is most interesting is that the last population estimates place the earths population at just over 5.5 billion, coincidence? I think not.

Now lets use the same calculations but starting one million years ago. Ok if we have one couple (still being conservative on the off chance that several producing couples evolved in the same year.... rolleyes smile ) still using the KNOWN average lifespan of 43 years that gives us 23,256 generations. And again at a reproductive rate of 2.5 children per family the total human population should be 10 to the 2091st power! Or trillions x trillions x trillions x trillions in lay mans terms even more people than there are atoms in the universe!!!! eek If the evolutionists are correct then this planet would be nothing more than mountains of deteriorating bones! Archeologists have not found any such evidence of that kind of population. Even the evolutionists agree that the population is not at the level is should be if there theories are coerrect.

Conclusion: The earths current population is in agreement with the Biblical account of the earth being repopulated by four couples after the flood 4300 years ago!

www.Real-Men.net
Re: Is God Real? #30024 02/27/03 06:47 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
This isn't new but i thought it was fitting here.....

-The Center of the Bible

What is the shortest chapter in the Bible?
Answer - Psalms 117

What is the longest chapter in the Bible?
Answer - Psalms 119

Which chapter is in the center of the Bible?
Answer - Psalms 118

Fact: There are 594 chapters before Psalms 118

Fact: There are 594 chapters after Psalms 118

Add these numbers up and you get 1188.

What is the center verse in the Bible?

Answer - Psalms 118:8

If that were not enough what pearl of wisdom would be in the center verse of the Bible? </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Psalm 118:8 It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">A little food for thought........

www.Real-Men.net
Re: Is God Real? #30025 02/27/03 01:22 PM
K
Kingpin Offline
Disciple
Disciple
K
I've always loved using that "center of the bible" tidbit in Sunday school. Gets 'em every time.

There is also something very interesting if you look up the Hebrew meanings of all the names from Adam to Moses...It reveals a message. I'll have to look around, cause I know I have it somewhere.

Try Jesus. If not completely satisfied, go to Hell.

Moderated by  foreverchanged, NABSTER 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 191 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
STEVO777
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
August
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17