Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26778 11/09/01 08:27 PM
D
delight Offline OP

Disciple
OP Offline

Disciple
D
originally posted by angel...

. I would like to know what guys want in a woman, the turn offs, the 7-year itch (explain that one please), the fear of commitment, the big deal about the ring and money in general....

This is your chance guys...we women really want to know the truth...the whole truth even....what makes you guys tick?!?!?!? laugh

Seriously, maybe it would be good to help each other understand more about the opposite sex. We could post questions about all those little things that make no sense whatsoever to anyone outside our own gender...maybe shed a little light into the darkness, so to speak.

What do you think?

Anyone willing to answer some of those questions for Angel (and the rest of us)?

help

Lisa

"Step boldly forward and take delight in how far you can go." Ralph Marston
Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26779 11/10/01 01:41 AM
F
foreverchanged Offline
Disciple
Disciple
F
Yes, please!! I would be much obliged...

-Michelle

The best laid plans are in my other pants. -- Newsboys
Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26780 11/10/01 01:56 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I am more of a Popeyes (extra spicy) man than a KFC kinda guy... ruff

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26781 11/10/01 01:58 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Oh yeah, throw a little dirty rice in there too... ruff

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26782 11/10/01 02:07 AM
F
foreverchanged Offline
Disciple
Disciple
F
Well, you're alotta help.... rolleyes Whassamata? Sceered to talk about what you really think? Cluck cluck cluck... tongue

-Michelle

Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26783 11/10/01 02:09 AM
D
delight Offline OP

Disciple
OP Offline

Disciple
D
Hey caveman!!!! Come out and play!!!! tongue

Lisa

"Step boldly forward and take delight in how far you can go." Ralph Marston
Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26784 11/10/01 03:50 AM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I think it's cause we ASKED .... we will just have to see who is strong and who is skeered smash

-hanging in there- Jenna Clark
Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26785 11/10/01 06:45 AM
F
foreverchanged Offline
Disciple
Disciple
F
*edited so as not to disrupt the flow of the thread.* I was told that i was way off topic, so I will take the post out. The following posts are advice in response to the questions/comments in the post that I edited.

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: foreverchanged ]

-Michelle

Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26786 11/10/01 10:09 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
ummmmm... extra crispy?

quote:

eek

cool, that's yet to happen for me... frown

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26787 11/10/01 10:10 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
ummm.. the still speakin part wink

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26788 11/10/01 05:54 PM
F
foreverchanged Offline
Disciple
Disciple
F
*edited for the same reason.* ps allen's quote above was from my first edited post. he is not just pulling it out of the air. thanks.

-Michelle

Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26789 11/10/01 06:25 PM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
well, michelle, that has to be tough and i am not a guy but maybe just maybe he meant well. there might be a slim chance that he actually really thought about you and got the nerve up to call. granted, nothing like that should ever be said, it seems he has total disregard for your feelings or the way you might feel once hearing it. but maybe he just needed to "get it off his chest"... i have a guy i am not dating anymore who does that on a regular basis, get stuff off his chest, calls it constructive communication rolleyes and it took me getting away from the relationship to identify it.

allen, cute answers, but can you be serious PLEASE ? you were always good at responding in the past and i think we are really ASKING for opinion here, real earnest answers.....
help ruff help

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: anangelsarms ]

Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26790 11/10/01 08:25 PM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
The topic veered off-topic from the original topic... it wasn't even the same question anymore.

I am with aleina on this part, this isn't something "guys do" it's something both sexes do, it just happened to be a guy this time. She's already stated they both made "the pact", he just called her on it when he got cold feet in his engagement. This same "pact" rolleyes has been made with me at least twice... yeah, if I can't find somebody else better, will you hang around and be there for my last resort? It's not just a guys' thing.

Something similar to what we've discussed before is why do we maintain friendships of the opposite sex with those who have gotten engaged/ gotten married? Especially if there was any physical attraction/interaction wink between the 2. Very little good can come out of it because the spouse of your friend will always wonder if "there's an old flame burning in your eyes". You distract that person when they should be focused on their significant other. This situation has come up twice for me in the last few years. One friendship we tried to maintain during her engagement/subsequent marriage, but it always seemed awkward, like any visit we had, even any conversation we had seemed to be "behind his back". Finally I just ended it. Recently a friend got engaged, I haven't contacted her since. It sucks, but is much easier that way... If they need someone to listen to them, it should be a member of the same sex, because we, as former friends/more cannot give unbiased advice when it comes to their relationships, it's always gonna be clouded with old feelings.... Maybe if you both were married you could have some sort of social friendship, but not before then as a 3rd wheel.

Are we gonna go back to the original topic? I think Ima wing man myself... ruff

[edit: moving to "real life", it's more appropriate there if you want actual discussion...

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: Allen ]

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26791 11/10/01 09:02 PM
A
aleina Offline

under construction

under construction
A
Michelle, I agree with angel. Seems like he just wanted to tell you this, and find out what your reaction would be. If you choose for him, then he won't have to dwell on it anymore... I think he is curious about what could have happened with you two if you ever got together, and that curiousity pushed him away from his g/f...

I was just starting to feel okay about not having anyone in my life and now I feel like I took at least a little step backwards...

I don't think you took a step backwards, I think you resisted a temptation. You didn't settle for "second best"...

Yes Allen, it is hard to maintain a friendship when you have been attracted to each other in the past. It's sad if you have to sacrifice the friendship but the marriage should be more important here. Although if there weren't any attraction whatsoever between you then it's all good laugh

Anyway, on to the actual topic! So far we have:

KFC - legs, thigs and breasts
Popeye - extra spicy
Wings - ??

Anything else?

aleina

aleina [Linked Image]
Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26792 11/10/01 09:45 PM
F
foreverchanged Offline
Disciple
Disciple
F
thanks to everyone who gave advice on the edited topic.

-Michelle

Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26793 11/11/01 12:23 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
hmmm.. and people say *I* am the crabby one...

"gibberish" is mainly for silly discussions - it was created to keep such things out of the more serious discussion forums, like "real life". I apologize if it's not clear enough, I'll try to make it more clear in the future.

The original topic is about what do guys want/find attractive in women, not "why did he call me and bring up a discussion we had years ago".

Anyways, no blood, no foul.

Back on track...

would like to know what guys want in a woman,

This isn't much different for either sex... committment, friendship, companionship, knowing that no matter what, the other person will stick by you.

Completely different from what guys find attractive in a woman, which varies from one to the next (still no different from women). We might have more discussion along this line once everyone goes to see "Shallow Bob".

the turn offs,

Varies from one guy to the next, but mine are:
shallowness, in-sincerity, insecurity, low-self-esteem, and poor hygiene smile

the 7-year itch (explain that one please),

Due to a lack of committment, basically... doesn't sound like the person (can happen to a male or female) ever really decided for better or worse

the fear of commitment,

What's the fear? This applies to both males and females, tho popularly placed at the feet of males, prove me wrong.

the big deal about the ring and money in general....

At a loss here as to your question. What do you mean? Explain more and I'll try to answer.

The questions were some pretty obvious generalizations... the same could have been asked of either sex. Give me some more deeper questions and I'll try to answer better...

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26794 11/11/01 12:42 AM
F
foreverchanged Offline
Disciple
Disciple
F

-Michelle

Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26795 11/11/01 01:08 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
your post was neither more specific or deeper, it was, off-topic.

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26796 11/11/01 01:19 AM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I think the orginal topic was to ask anything you wanted to ask about anything that you need calrification on from the dudes. maybe allen just wasnt getting what you were saying, no apologies needed, i think we are all clear so let's try this AGAIN

SO, GUYS ... TELL US WHY ... HMM, LET'S SEE, TELL US WHAT MAKES SOME GIRLS THE "MARRYING TYPE" ... ? WHAT IS IT ABOUT THEM ? THAT'S MY QUESTION. confused

Re: Martian Men/Venusian Women?!?!?!? #26797 11/11/01 01:47 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
The marrying type... I don't think there's any specific type. The marrying-type is the type looking to get married.

If you pass-up the good ones going for the bad ones earlier in your dating life, I think that cuts way down on the opportunities to find someone compatible. Before you know it, a large percentage of your age group is married and the ones younger than you see you as older, even much older... sucks, eh? There's still people out there, it's just more difficult to find'm. You gotta make more of an effort.

- Allen [Linked Image]
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  foreverchanged, NABSTER 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18