Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: MUSIC #2619 05/05/00 06:26 PM
F
foreverchanged Offline
Disciple
Disciple
F
While we're on the subject of worship music...I got the new WoW CD. Got songs like "Hungry", "Better is One Day", "Light the Fire", "Did You Feel the Moutnains Tremble", "In the Secret", "I See the Lord", and "Holy Ground". It's pretty cool. Also, I heard a song from a band I've never heard before called The Dingees. Kinda punk/ska. I liked it....

-Michelle

The best laid plans are in my other pants. -- Newsboys
Re: MUSIC #2620 05/05/00 06:51 PM
nicole Offline
SonicFlood!! My favorite song is "Over the Mountains and the Seas"

*NICOLE*

*NICOLE*
Re: MUSIC #2621 05/05/00 07:25 PM
L
lauratheloser Offline

Disciple

Disciple
L
the dingees are extremely punk/ska, yes. i personally don't like ska at all [Linked Image], but i can give you some bands that you may like if you like the style. i'm going to a hardcore christian show in houston on like, june 3 or somewhere around there. it should be good. it's good to see the different people all come together to see one thing. anyway, i forgot one more techno'y thing that you guys would probably dig, and that's The Echoing Green.. they have way cool effects, and it's just this one (rather large) guy doing all of it [Linked Image] besides the chick voices in the background:P
i'm sure alot of you guys like the rage'ish kinda stuff, korn, etc, etc, and POD is a good pick, and also believe it or not, Spoken. i know rick digs spoken, and so does drew. anyway, lets see. .rod laver's okay, and i was really impressed with pax217. they're like 311 except way better coordination when it comes to the lyrics. anyway, that's all from my end. lemme know if you need more. i'm a walking book of unheard of christian music [Linked Image]

laura

------------------

Re: MUSIC #2622 05/05/00 10:32 PM
P
pepe' Offline
Disciple
Disciple
P
I like the waaaayy cool Imperials... some may think they are too progressive tho. I remember one time, at church, a guy got in trouble for playing "WaterGrave" too loud. It was cool.

quote:

------------------
pepe'

pepe'
Re: MUSIC #2623 05/07/00 03:17 AM
F
foreverchanged Offline
Disciple
Disciple
F
I'm not really fond of the really hardcore stuff. I have friends who like POD, but I can't really understand what they're saying. If I can't understand it, then to me, it's no different than secular music.

-Michelle

Re: MUSIC #2624 05/07/00 04:30 AM
L
lauratheloser Offline

Disciple

Disciple
L
okay. this is how i see it. it's like all sorts of things. you have to really enjoy something and have it a major interest in order for you to get into the style enough in order for you to "understand it." i understand all of their stuff, because i'm so into all the other stuff, you learn to listen. it comes with the package of liking this music. there's going to be people who say it's not "spiritual" (not saying that you were, foreverchanged), but, in reality, it is, to the people who listen to it. it really really ministers. sure, alot of it is dark, and people even think it's not of God. but, it's gotten me through alot of hard times, and has gotten millions of other kids through the same thing. sure, i love to worship, but i don't think that me listening to something besides the normal KTFA hit single is making me a bad person at all. it's just harder for me to get into something that i don't really like the style of. i liked dc talk and steven curtis chapman and all that stuff in my earlier christian days, and sure, i was into it. but after you go so many years with that, you have to get into something different. and i just happened to get into the "hardcore" scene, and i'm pretty knowledgeable about it. a lot of people know that i know alot about it, and it helps me share the gospel to people that aren't exactly "into" the normal "christian" styles. i'm not trying to offend anyone, i'm just stating my opinion on this subject, and it's quite a subject for me. sorry foreverchanged if i offended you, but i wanted you to know my side of the story. thanks.

laura

------------------

Re: MUSIC #2625 05/07/00 05:03 AM
F
foreverchanged Offline
Disciple
Disciple
F
I totally share you're point of view! I wasn't implying that at all...in fact, my mother and I have argued countless times about that same thing. What I'm saying is that I don't feel any differently if I can't understand the lyrics than I do when I listen to secular music. It just doesn't minister to me personally. I know that some of the music I listen to may not minister to someone else. It's just a difference of taste in style. Lyrics are what counts. You didn't offend me at all...I hope I didn't offend you. What I said totally came off the wrong way. sorry!

<FONT COLOR="#ffffff" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">[This message has been edited by foreverchanged on 05-06-2000 @ ]</font>

-Michelle

Re: MUSIC #2626 05/07/00 06:44 AM
P
pepe' Offline
Disciple
Disciple
P
I am totally offended that no-one gets my lame jokes...
I am getting too old... I feel my fingers shriveling up as I type...

older

older

older...

aaaauuuugggghhhh!!!! I think I just broke a hip!!

somebody help! I've fallin and I can't get up!!!

oh yea... I like "The Mid-South Boys" - they <FONT size="6"><FONT face="Impact"><FONT COLOR="Red">ROCK !</FONT c></FONT f></FONT s>

------------------
pepe'

pepe'
Re: MUSIC #2627 05/12/00 09:22 PM
nicole Offline
SONICFLOOD!!

*NICOLE*

*NICOLE*
Re: MUSIC #2628 05/16/00 09:32 PM
V
virtuous101 Offline
V
prov31 and i like "Mission Trip to Mexico" it is kind of a silly song but we like it anyway. also, we sing a song at church, I think it is called "All Things Are Possible". Anyway, it is a really good song. Nicole would know more about it. Prov31 likes:

He's God on the platform
He's God back at the door
He's God in every corner
He's God all over the floor

And I know God is God
God don't ever change
I know God is God
And He always will be God

------------------

Re: MUSIC #2629 05/17/00 10:41 PM
C
crucified_with_christ Offline
C
Revival generation recently put out a new cd that is a near equivalent to a Passion cd [Linked Image]
The title of the album is Lovely noise... check it out.

------------------
Until He Returns, I remain... About souls,
crucified_with_christ

Until He Returns, I remain... About souls,
crucified_with_christ
Re: MUSIC #2630 05/28/00 08:33 AM
W
whit-Dawg Offline OP

Disciple
OP Offline

Disciple
W
OK yall need more stuff. Don't just give me the easy ones lets get ahead of the " TOP 10". I want to know the good stuff before it is great..

innerdawg

------------------

Re: MUSIC #2631 05/28/00 08:34 AM
W
whit-Dawg Offline OP

Disciple
OP Offline

Disciple
W
OK yall need more stuff. Don't just give me the easy ones lets get ahead of the " TOP 10". I want to know the good stuff before it is great..

innerdawg

------------------

Re: MUSIC #2632 05/28/00 09:41 PM
L
lauratheloser Offline

Disciple

Disciple
L
okay you guys, june 3rd, i'm going to a show with spoken and some other rapcore'ish bands. it's at the journey in alvin (a semi-christian club, but there will be christian influences there that night) if anybody wants to go, lemme know and we'll get together. if not, oh well [Linked Image]

laura

also, there's a punk/ska show the night before at another place. i'm not going to it, but if anyone's interested, lemme know, i'll give you the details.

------------------

Re: MUSIC #2633 05/30/00 12:29 AM
F
fOrGivEn_By_GrAcE Offline

crazy white girl

crazy white girl
F
I listen to all kinds of music. I do have several secular CD's but I enjoy the music, i don't think it reflects whether my walk with God is right or wrong. On the Christain side of the spectrum, I enjoy harder stuff and ska music like Supertones, P.O.D., etc. I also like all kinds of praise and worship music especially sonicflood. There is a CD i have called Enter the Worship Circle: 100 Portraits and Waterdeep. It's an awesome CD and i think it would be even more awesome if we had some if it on monday nights. It is one of the best praise and worship CD's I have ever heard. If you want to know where you can get it go www.100portraits.com to to listen to some samples of songs.
Peace out!
Amber

http://www.100portraits.com
------------------

Amber
Re: MUSIC #2634 05/31/00 06:24 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
quote:

Hey Laura... I would be interested in going, if I get off work by 3 that day, would that be enough time to get there? I have to be at work Sunday AM @ 7... you might have to drive me back.. [Linked Image] My work schedule is changing and I don't know if I am gonna be off @ 3 yet. I will find out ASAP...

Amber, I have heard some good things about POD, what do you like about them?

------------------
Allen

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: MUSIC #2635 05/31/00 06:54 AM
F

crazy white girl

crazy white girl
F
I just recently got into P.O.D. but I like them because they reach a larger audience. Don't get me wrong, I like contemporary Christain, but what about the ones who listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit? They need something that they can relate to. P.O.D. can be described like those bands except they are Christain. I have read articles about the group and most of them grew up in really rough neighborhoods. Their sound reflects the hard times but the message tells you that they couldn't have made it without God and I think that makes them a open door to those who have lived rough lifes or just like that type of music. A another opportunity to witness is how I see it. [Linked Image]

------------------

Amber
Re: MUSIC #2636 05/31/00 07:13 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Cool [Linked Image]

If POD is like Limp Biskit and Korn, which I understand is white-boy gangsta rap (which also includes our BaWiDiBa bros - KidRock), then I like that style too. Kind of a like rock music with a good bass line and white boys tryin to rap... [Linked Image] I may borrow a cd before I actually buy one, but it sounds like good stuff to me.

------------------
Allen

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: MUSIC #2637 05/31/00 07:21 AM
F

crazy white girl

crazy white girl
F
I like that description. [Linked Image] basically they are rapping white boys. some of them though look hispanic. I have heard some of the music off the CD and its pretty kickin'! Its hard to find because I went into Christain general all the time to get their new CD but they were always out and when they finally got some in, somebody stole them! I don't know how but they did! and the CD is not in wal-mart and its too expensive at music stores in the mall and to buy on the net. I know Drew has the CD so you could ask him if you could borrow it. Peace out! [Linked Image]

Amber

------------------

Amber
Re: MUSIC #2638 06/01/00 12:38 AM
P
pepe' Offline
Disciple
Disciple
P
[Linked Image] sounds like some great music. I will have to check it out [Linked Image]

------------------
pepe'

pepe'
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  embie, foreverchanged 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 191 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
STEVO777
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
August
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17