Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I would like to post a prayer #25295 05/17/05 03:03 AM
R
Rachelbmt Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I am new here but I would like to post a prayer....thank you

My sister died in a car accident one month ago and I am still trying to cope, Its been so hard specially because she was going through a nasty divorced and she left 2 young kids, they are staying with me now because their dad cant take care of them and my mom and dad are devastated, somedays I feel I cant take it anymore.......

Re: I would like to post a prayer #25296 05/17/05 03:24 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
welcome rachel, sorry for your loss, my family has been through a very similar situation a couple times.

I'll pray for you and your family, it does help to know there are those out there praying. If you wanna vent or discuss, please feel free to post here anytime, we're easy to vent on smile

How old are the little ones? In school already?

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: I would like to post a prayer #25297 05/17/05 03:39 AM
R
Rachelbmt Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Yes I would like to talk about if I can do it, sometimes I feel like I am going to go crazy, they are 5 and 4 years old

Re: I would like to post a prayer #25298 05/17/05 01:26 PM
C
cgreene Offline
Disciple
Disciple
C
Rachel, I am so sorry for your loss. Lossing a sibling is very hard. I have lost 2 brothers and you feel like a big part of you has been torn out. I can't even imagine how hard it is to have to take care of her two little ones while still dealing with your grief. Remember Jesus is your Rock and His strength is sufficient. But also remember He gave us family, friends and church family to help us carry our burdens. If you are to a point where you are having trouble handling all the things you're going through, you need to talk to someone. I know your parents are going through a hard time, but once you feel they have recovered enough you need to discuss with them and the children's father about helping with the load. If that's not an option talk to you pastor and try to get some advice and counseling. Remember you have to take care of yourself also. Keep us posted, and you are definitely in my prayers.

Created to love and serve God. Live to lead the lost to salvation through Jesus Christ.
Re: I would like to post a prayer #25299 05/17/05 02:02 PM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Hi Rachel, I'm embie wavey

My daughter's name is Rachel too. smile

I have prayed for your situation and I will continue to lift your whole family up. In all things God is Good and He will never leave you alone. /

I have never experienced a loss of this kind, so I can't understand the depth of your grief, but I have raised two children alone, and at one time they were 5 and 4 respectively. I understand the drain and the pain that you feel. Sometimes you do feel like you are alone and that everything is loaded up on you to the point you think you're going to break, but you won't. When we are at our weakest, that's when God is at His strongest. Nothing can snatch you out of the palm of His hand. The children are not with you by accident, there is a purpose in everything that happens. Take the advice of the folks that have already posted. Vent, seek help, don't keep everything bottled up inside. Schedule some quiet time for yourself. I don't know you so I'm not sure if you're married or have children of your own, but you have to keep a healthy balance. Make sure you're eating and sleeping properly. Letting yourself get run down will only make you weaker and possibly more depressed. Kids are tougher than you think. They will draw off of your stability. It's ok to cry and be sad, you don't have to always put up a strong front, it's the consistency that they will depend on.

I will be praying for you. If you would like to talk please just PM me and I would be happy to listen. smile

God Bless you and yours...

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: I would like to post a prayer #25300 05/17/05 03:40 PM
Amy Lou Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Welcome Rachel, I'll be praying for you too!

Re: I would like to post a prayer #25301 05/17/05 09:12 PM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Hang in there rachel. you are loved around here already and we will pray and encourage and help you however we can. surround yourself with calm and focus onthe kiddos right now....they are confused i am sure and you are the rock to which they hold onto right now. be strong for them .
nabster

Psalm 91
Re: I would like to post a prayer #25302 05/17/05 10:54 PM
R
Rachelbmt Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thank you all for your prayers, it has been very tough, this week is specially devastating since she was going to graduate and we are invited to the ceremony and I am not sure how I am going to handle that...my life changed in every single way, she was my little sis and now she is gone and I have this huge responsability with my nephews to raise them happy... How am I going to do that if I feel so sad?

Re: I would like to post a prayer #25303 05/18/05 02:40 AM
U
UnconventionalKrisChen Offline
U
Welcome Rachel and I'm so very sorry for your loss and current circumstance. You and yours of course have my prayers. It's a wonderful thing you are attempting here for your nephews but I suggest you get some sort of support group going immediately. Through your chruch and/or a local social service agency. You are in no different place than their father or your family which unfortunately won't allow you the necessary grieving time you need. This alone will hinder your ability to do your best with the boys. This may sound harsh but isn't intended that way. The bottom line sweet lady is, you can't take good care of them unless you take good care of you.

About feeling "so sad." It's the way all feel at a time like this and that's fine. In fact, it will show the boys feeling that way is alright. Often people try hiding their sadness, especially from children. Doing that just makes them think there is something wrong with those feelings. Please remember, crying is the beginning of healing.

Moderated by  embie, foreverchanged 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 205 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
Allan
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
August
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17