Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
It took three years of prayer.... #18777 12/21/05 08:39 PM
Crazy-like-a-fox Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
After leaving a church where my husband became very complicant and our lives were spirling downward fast three year ago and much prayer my husband is reaching out to God again.

It happened in the weirdest places. In a football stadium where my hubby took our teenage son to let him test out kicking a football (our son is a soccer player). An elder from the church I started attending going on three years ago was there to fix the score board. He talked to my husband for three hours. The elder said he was suppose to leave for Indiana but decided to double check the score board before the playoff game that was to be held Thanksgiving weekend.

My husband came home talking like I had not heard in YEARS about God. I see him reading the word daily. He is going to church with me. He even went to cell group (bible study) and to the men's prayer breakfast!!!

The elder said he was thankful to be the vessel God chose to answer prayer. I am greatful to put in my prayer journal that my prayers have been answered. thumbsup

No man for any considerable period can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
Re: It took three years of prayer.... #18778 12/22/05 02:28 AM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
That's a big fat praise CLAF! /

God is so faithful and it's His perfect timing at work once again. I will be praying for you all. God uses willing people. The elder of your church was blessed by your husband as much as your husband was blessed. Oh I just love these stories of validation. yay

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: It took three years of prayer.... #18779 12/22/05 09:27 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Thanks God!!!

Congrats CLAF!!!!

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: It took three years of prayer.... #18780 12/23/05 08:32 PM
C
cgreene Offline
Disciple
Disciple
C
Forever GOD IS FAITHFUL

I'm So happy for you.

Created to love and serve God. Live to lead the lost to salvation through Jesus Christ.

Moderated by  foreverchanged, Steve 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 191 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
STEVO777
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
August
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17