Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Can you say Thank You God! #18073 03/29/04 06:16 PM
Andy Offline OP
aka Trusting Him
Disciple
OP Offline
aka Trusting Him
Disciple
A couple of weeks ago I began praying about spring break. This year will be the first year that Mom and Dad are not together for this. frown

Any ways. . .

Lord, you know what I've managed to save and I would really like to let the kids have a good time. These things are all new to me and I'm doing the best I can. But...I know that even my best in no way comapres to what you can do so I'm just going to leave this up to you.

The guys know the lady I'm refering to but for the rest of you all it was a lady whi I felt played a HUGE role in my wife's and I devorce. I had harbored bitterness and anger toward her for months. Got to be too much and had to go to her and ask for forgiveness.

Last week she called and wanted to know if our oldest daughter could go with them over spring break. Being that I had only a few days planned and had an entire week I agreed that it would be OK. During the conversation it turned to me going with them.

I explained that being a single Dad and paying CS I had little funds left over. She offered $ that she had gotten from a job that she had NOT expected to get paid for. OK...so I was stunned.

That night when my former wife called she offered to give money for oldest daughter to be able to go. After explaining what was really going on she offered to give money for all the kids.

Needless to say we talked more during the week and her parents also contributed $. My former wife went and bought groceries for us to takke with us.

And last night as I was telling my sister what we were doing she gave me some $. laugh

So is God great or what. We ae going to have a good week, make that GREAT week. My wife, (Opps,,,I still say that quite often smile } and I have had more pleasent conversation this week than we have had in over many, many months. She even called today to see if she could have the children a while before we left.

So....God took my prayers and answered them in ways that I never dreamed possible!

So....with all that rambling in mind I am off to TN for a week so all of you special people here at PraisCafe keep us in your prayers. 3 adults, 7 kids running off ot the mountains for a week. I know youall will be in my thoughts and prayers and I update all when I get back Saturday.

God Bless You All

Trusting Him thumbsup

Who are you? What do you want? Why are you here? Where are you Going?
Re: Can you say Thank You God! #18074 03/29/04 06:54 PM
Amy Lou Offline
Disciple
Disciple
God is so good! jumpy

Have a wonderful trip, be careful, and take lots of pictures!! I've never been to Tennessee and would love to see what it looks like!

You'll be missed TH! smile

Re: Can you say Thank You God! #18075 03/30/04 08:26 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Wow! jumpy

Have a great trip and please take some pictures laugh

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: Can you say Thank You God! #18076 03/30/04 01:47 PM
J
Jusselin Offline
Disciple
Disciple
J
peace brotha... have a great trip and i will be praying for your safe return

Make disciples of all nations...
http://disciplegear.us/
Re: Can you say Thank You God! #18077 03/30/04 10:06 PM
B
BusyDad Offline
B
any time you're with KIDS, you gotta keep
'trusting him' ! keep it up ! angel here's an angel for you to take with you .

HAVE FUN!

Re: Can you say Thank You God! #18078 03/31/04 04:51 AM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Yup to all the above, 'specially the pics!

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: Can you say Thank You God! #18079 04/04/04 03:20 AM
Andy Offline OP
aka Trusting Him
Disciple
OP Offline
aka Trusting Him
Disciple
Thanks folks! smile

The week was GREAT...just as expected. Actually it went a lot better that I could have ever imagined.

Pictures...I got loys of them. Only problem being the BIG machine died, or at least the processor did and I spent that money on the kids. Have to wait until payday so I can replace it and download the pics from camera.

BUT...the children had an absoutely WONDERFUL week.

Just this evening as I was taking them home my son and his friend both offered thanks for the wonderful week. ALL OWN THEIR OWN.

Out of the blue son says;

Daddy, I had a wonderful week camping, thanks so much for taking us.

His friend pipes up with the same comment.. Thanks Mr. Trusting...I had a blast.

But now.....time to go get a HOT shower and sleep in MY BED, been sleeping in a tent on the ground for the last week. smile

Who are you? What do you want? Why are you here? Where are you Going?
Re: Can you say Thank You God! #18080 04/04/04 05:04 PM
U
UnconventionalKrisChen Offline
U
Welcome back! Glad things were wonderful all around.

Re: Can you say Thank You God! #18081 04/04/04 10:28 PM
A
aleina Offline

under construction

under construction
A
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Trusting Him:
God took my prayers and answered them in ways that I never dreamed possible!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's what God does! hoppy

Btw, I've been to TN tongue

aleina [Linked Image]

Moderated by  foreverchanged, Steve 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 191 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
STEVO777
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
August
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17