Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Encounters with God #16139 10/12/01 08:17 AM
Steve Offline OP
Disciple
OP Offline
Disciple
Bringing this up from a question in the Q&A game in the southern part of the board...

I have had many encounters with God three are what I call significant. One on purpose and two that were not (at least by me)

The first one was waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy back in high school. Some might call it a near death experience. I drowned. I was in the middle of a cardio-pulmunary set at swim practice and I passed out from lack of oxygen. I can remember it like it was yesterday. My mind was clear though I could not feel anything from my physical body. I actually thought for a moment that I was in that moment between sleep and fully awake. I have never felt so comfortable. The peace? Oh the peace I felt....... sigh.........

The second time was the "on purpose." It happened during a fast. It was the third day of the fast and I was in the middle of the "mall" in Washington DC with just over one million other men, interceding in prayer for our nation. 1Chronicles 7:14. God shook my tree. Once again that feeling of no longer feeling my physical body came over me and I was alone. Still in touching the shoulders of my father and the feet of the guy to my front, my forehead touching the ground I felt nothing, heard nothing and was alone! Then and there God cemented in me the groundwork of my ministry. He gave me a direction. See it was just a few months earlier that I had finally answered His call (after years and years)

The third time was a year or so later during a stretch of study and worship. I had come home from that and headed to sleep about midnight. I was tired and also had to get up at 5:00 in the morning. God showed up around one am. I know because I almost sat upright! I did first look at the clock thinking aww man I have just got to get some sleep. I rolled over and it hit me again, that feeling, or lack of feeling. It would almost be as if I was floating but I would say that even then you could hear and feel. I could not! I was beginning to get a clue and just submitted to God then. God spent the night with me. He showed me little glimpses of things that could happen in my ministry if I stayed the course and stayed obediant. God talked to me and ministered to me for a while. When He was done I got up. it was about 4:45 and I felt like I had a full nights sleep under my belt. Even now as I type this I can feel a quickening in my spirit and my heart is leaping!!!!!!

To God be the Glory!
Steve

[ 10-12-2001: Message edited by: SLattier ]

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: Encounters with God #16140 10/12/01 03:37 PM
D
delight Offline

Disciple

Disciple
D
WOW!!!!! GOD is so completely amazing!!!! I LOVE those times! Thank you so much Steve for sharing your experiences. I also feel a quickening in my spirit. Think I'm gonna go chase God for awhile this morning. I feel the need to kiss His face!!!! HE is wonderful and I love HIM so much!!!!!! jumpy

Lisa

"Step boldly forward and take delight in how far you can go." Ralph Marston
Re: Encounters with God #16141 10/12/01 04:57 PM
embie Offline
Queen
Disciple
Queen
Disciple
Very Very cool... goosebumps jumpy

everybody's leaping! /

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: Encounters with God #16142 10/12/01 05:01 PM
J
Jusselin Offline
Disciple
Disciple
J
He is awsome, he has always been there for me and even when i didnt need him.

Make disciples of all nations...
http://disciplegear.us/
Re: Encounters with God #16143 10/13/01 01:00 AM
D
delight Offline

Disciple

Disciple
D
even when you THOUGHT you didn't need Him???? laugh

I'm praying that we all receive a "fresh fire" touch from the HOLY SPIRIT....anyone care to STAND in agreement with me???? I'm HUNGRY!!!!

Lisa

"Step boldly forward and take delight in how far you can go." Ralph Marston
Re: Encounters with God #16144 10/29/01 07:18 PM
S
scats Offline
S
I'll stand in agreement. wink Yeah. [Linked Image]

Re: Encounters with God #16145 11/02/01 03:12 PM
F
foreverchanged Offline
Disciple
Disciple
F
I believe that encounters with God are tiny glimpses of what it will be like in Heaven...those rare moments when it feels as if our spirit has lept outside of our flesh and is just being held in the arms of God. Only I still can't imagine what it will be like to not have to be weighed down by the shell of flesh that we have to return to...

One of my most memorable encounters (I have had a few, although I went through a loooooooooooooong dry period and only recently do I feel that freedom again and it is the most awesome thing in the world)...is when I was in a worship service at Stand and all of the sudden I literally felt like I was actually triple my normal height. The music sounded like it was coming from far below me and I had my eyes closed but instead of seeing the flashing lights that are aimed at the stage (you can still see the flashes through closed eyes), everything went pitch black...and it was just me and God and He whispered to me and held me and I can't remember what I was going through at that time in my life, but I was just a baby christian and I was faltering...but after that, I knew that I was going to be okay. I didn't understand what was happening at the time...it was so strange. I forgot where I was and soon I couldn't here the music at all. Peace engulfed me on the inside, although I could no longer feel my body at all. Then slowly I started to regain my senses...the lights began to flash again, the music softly returned, but instead of the music that had been playing when I had last remembered, the Spirit had just taken over the band there was no instruments...just the entire auditorium full of people singing a love song to God...and then I remembered where I was...I could feel my body again, but I had warm chills from head to toe...I couldn't move, and my breath felt heavy. The air felt dense like it was literally resting on my shoulders. My eyes wouldn't open, and my arms which were lifted to the sky felt wieghtless like they were being held up by something that I couldn't feel to the touch. I realized that tears were streaming down my face, but it was not like when you are crying...and then I just stood there...my mind drifted away and I couldn't hear anything although I was fully aware of my body again, and when I finally opened my eyes, the band had started to pack up and there were only a handful of people left (10 maybe) out of about 60-75 people. I still don't know how, but I had moved from facing the stage to facing the far side of the room, and I had moved over about 5 feet...I barely made it out to my car because my legs felt like lead...and I don't remember saying goodbye to anyone...I slept so hard that night when I got home (and I had been having trouble sleeping)...

Don't have time to share all of them, but that one was one of the most memorable...

-Michelle

The best laid plans are in my other pants. -- Newsboys
Re: Encounters with God #16146 11/03/01 03:54 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Preach it sistas! laugh

Danke!

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002

Moderated by  foreverchanged, Steve 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 205 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
Allan
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
August
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17