Jesus answers prayer   prayer changes you
home | christian discussion forums | gallery | the.link newsletter | praise.cafe journals
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 29 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 28 29
Re: What makes you, You? #12437 05/13/05 01:34 PM
U
UnconventionalKrisChen Offline
U
Will do Spinny and my best wishes to you and Joe. Hey, just thought, you can't be spinster anymore! laugh

Re: What makes you, You? #12438 05/13/05 04:23 PM
Andy Offline
aka Trusting Him
Disciple
aka Trusting Him
Disciple
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by anangelsarms:
thank you guys so much. i KISS you both. now please run go tell my husband your philosophy and feel free to hit him in the head with any blunt object till the "gets it" smash

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Trading Places

A man was sick and tired of going to work every day while his wife stayed home. He wanted her to see what he went through so he prayed.
"Dear Lord, I go to work every day and put in 8 hours while my wife merely stays at home. I want her to know what I go through, so please allow her body to switch with mine for a day."

God, in his infinite wisdom, granted the man's wish. The next morning, sure enough, the man awoke as a woman. He arose, cooked breakfast for his mate, awakened the kids, set out their school clothes, fed them breakfast, packed their lunches, drove them to school, came home and picked up the dry cleaning and stopped at the bank to make a deposit, went grocery shopping, then drove home to put away the groceries, paid the bills and balance the check book.

He cleaned the cat's litter box and bathed the dog. Then it was already 1 P.M. and he hurried to make the beds, do the laundry, vacuum, dust, and sweep and mop the kitchen floor; ran to the school to pick up the kids and got into an argument with them on the way home. Set out cookies and milk and got the kids organized to do their homework, then set up the ironing board and watched TV while he did the ironing.

At 4:30 he began peeling potatoes and washing vegetables for salad, breaded the pork chops and snapped fresh beans for supper. After supper he cleaned the kitchen, ran the dishwasher, folded laundry, bathed the kids, and put them to bed. At 9 P.M. he was exhausted and, though his daily chores weren't finished, he went to bed where he was expected to make love which he managed to get through without complaint.

The next morning he awoke and immediately knelt by the bed and said,

"Lord, I don't know what I was thinking. I was so wrong to envy my wife's being able to stay home all day. Please, oh please, let us trade back."

The Lord, in his infinite wisdom, replied, "My son, I feel you have learned your lesson and I will be happy to change things back to the way they were. You'll just have to wait nine months, though. You got pregnant last night"

Who are you? What do you want? Why are you here? Where are you Going?
Re: What makes you, You? #12439 05/14/05 02:32 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
That's a terrible thing to post tongue

There's some things my wife doesn't work hard at, but in most things she works circles around me hoppy

- Allen [Linked Image]
- I don't need things, I need people - mb © 2002
Re: What makes you, You? #12440 05/14/05 12:24 PM
Sapharina Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Ok, guys....first things first....

MAN, I HAVE MISSED Y'ALL!

Alright, got that outta the way.

I have been working ALOT lately. Way more than usual....and with some personal problems taking up more than enough space in my life....I just haven't had time to come chill out with my PC family. Add to that, I am trying to get all my ducks in a row to go back to college this fall.

It is a bit after 7AM, and I just got home from work about a half hour ago. And just before I got ready to go to bed, I logged on to see what is up with everyone.

I had to laugh at myself when I noticed a topic that I had not visited in a long time. ("What makes you, You")

My reason for the chuckle (and yes, I am telling on myself smash ) is how I have used up the half hour that I have been home.

This is more of what makes me, Me....

-I came home and put my things down...and sat down at my piano. I played six songs that I hadn't played in a long time because I just replaced the piano that I sold (when I moved last year). The one that I just bought this week, is terribly out of tune. But, I was so happy to have it, that I just played....and played and played. (This made my heart so happy)

-I got up and turned the computer on.

-I kicked off my shoes....and finally shed my work uniform. (Finally some comfort in my J's)

-(While my computer was doing its thing to start up....) I went to my cupboard and found a can of SPAM. Not the 1/3 less sodium....nor was it the new kind with cheese. Just plain old fashioned SPAM. (The kind that makes my husband sick just smelling it!) and (no, he isn't here by the way), I opened it up and grabbed a good skillet....then I fried me a slab of it, to perfection. Then, I opened a loaf of fresh, fresh bread (the kind that sticks to the roof of your mouth when you eat it), and my trusty jar of Miracle Whip....and began my work of art.

-Add to that an ice cold Dr. Pepper....and that was good eatin'!!!

(So good, that I had to go back for a foldover!)

Eating a SPAM sandwich on fresh, fresh bread with Miracle Whip must be something that makes me, Me. Because, everyone else that I offer it to acts like they want to run to the bushes and puke.

Worked all night, guys....its time for me to go to bed. sleep

Later y'all!
Saphy

For God so loved the World...that He gave and gave and gave...
Re: What makes you, You? #12441 05/14/05 02:49 PM
U
UnconventionalKrisChen Offline
U
Ahm with the pukers but have a friend who's a conosieur like you. Good to see you back Saphy. You've been missed. Best wishes for the school thing. Youll do great!

Re: What makes you, You? #12442 06/01/05 03:20 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I'm turning into the nerd I always thought I was... today a digital camera I ordered came in - a Canon Digital Rebel XT jumpy - my wife let me buy us a toy in preparation of some trips we have planned this summer and beyond. My other camera is nice, but it has gotten slowly more and more dysfunctional since she made me drop it in the Eiffel tower tongue

Might be only Amy understands this post (she and her husband drew are major shutterbugs tongue ).

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: What makes you, You? #12443 06/01/05 03:21 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
oh, and I got a slingshot to take care of some squirrels tearing up my attic smash

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: What makes you, You? #12444 06/02/05 02:46 PM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
haha, now that reminds me of my great grandfather who taught me how to shoot at cats who came onto his lawn in round rock texas!

-hanging in there- Jenna Clark
Re: What makes you, You? #12445 06/05/05 12:57 PM
embie Offline OP
Queen
Disciple
OP Offline
Queen
Disciple
I have come to find out that the sooner I submit myself to God's plan the easier my life will be. I have spent far too much time being the rebel, only to come to the same place I would have if I just gave in ions earlier... rolleyes

Man...that only took 40+ years to learn... slap

HA! Maybe that was MY wilderness... wink

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: What makes you, You? #12446 06/06/05 03:09 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
How many +'s? tongue

My mind remembers what hard physical work is like, my body ain't used to it anymore smash

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: What makes you, You? #12447 06/07/05 03:24 PM
embie Offline OP
Queen
Disciple
OP Offline
Queen
Disciple
...Just a couple more +'s than you... wink

I found out this morning that my daughter Rachel has the same hysterical fear of spiders that I do...I was driving her to school when I spotted this ugly hairly spotted black jumpy thing eek on the interior roof over her head. I could barely unfreeze myself long enough to tell her. When she saw it we both screamed like we were at a horror movie. Luckily she had the courage to grab a tissue and chuck it out the window.

After it was over we both fretted over the fact that she had littered... rolleyes

OMG, we are a mess!!!! laugh

When I don't measure up to much in this life, I'm a treasure in the arms of Christ.
Re: What makes you, You? #12448 06/07/05 05:02 PM
Steve Offline
Disciple
Disciple
....yes, I have know that for a while tongue tongue laugh laugh

"I'm part of the fellowship of the unashamed. I have the Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made - I'm a disciple of HIS.
www.Real-Men.net
Re: What makes you, You? #12449 06/08/05 11:28 PM
Amy Lou Offline
Disciple
Disciple
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Originally posted by Allen:
today a digital camera I ordered came in - a Canon Digital Rebel XT </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">jumpy
Cool! How do ya like it?

Re: What makes you, You? #12450 06/11/05 08:00 PM
embie Offline OP
Queen
Disciple
OP Offline
Queen
Disciple
I think he lost it... wink

He has a habit of misplacing cameras... laugh

...and don't ever ask him for an Among Thorns CD

hoppy

Re: What makes you, You? #12451 06/12/05 02:18 PM
NABSTER Offline
Disciple
Disciple
among thorns rules!

Psalm 91
Re: What makes you, You? #12452 06/13/05 03:07 AM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
allen i had a dream last night, i was at you and mel's wedding. it was awesome. and you two had bought this place, it was an old, 18th century place with a screened in porch and wine cellar in beaumont that noone knew about, it was amazing and katie curik was there, televising the whole thing. i was "cool" to have been there. it was so romantic and old historic and preserved and everyone that was there just wanted to walk through your home to feel the presence of old world charm and peace that it exuded. i dont think my dreams hold any water, but it was a beautiful dream and i thought yall were sooo happy and set, it was such a neat reminder of what i want to put out there when people think about us.

Re: What makes you, You? #12453 06/15/05 05:04 AM
Allen Offline
Disciple
Disciple
Interesting... thanks laugh

Good things are happening for us, thank you Lord for opening the doors you have for us o/

Oh, and I think we found out this past weekend we're both camera nerds cool

- Allen [Linked Image]
Re: What makes you, You? #12454 06/16/05 10:29 PM
Amy Lou Offline
Disciple
Disciple
laugh

Re: What makes you, You? #12455 06/25/05 01:51 AM
embie Offline OP
Queen
Disciple
OP Offline
Queen
Disciple
I love the ocean and fireworks and creamsicles.

I love flowers and the smell of clothes off the clothes line and wind.

I love to sail and fly kites.

I love sand castles.

Re: What makes you, You? #12456 06/25/05 02:18 AM
anangelsarms Offline
Disciple
Disciple
I love little baby ducks, airplanes ... and raiiin and i loove you toooo .... (singing)

Page 16 of 29 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 28 29

Moderated by  foreverchanged, NABSTER 

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 279 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Latest Posts
Disciple Gear
Featured Photos
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20